Sign in to follow this  
Mik

What is the procedure to license firearms here?

fanboat
This topic has been touched on before but it has drifted to self defense issues. If someone wants to discuss self defense, home defense or the right or wrong of it there are already topics started for that. I would just like to discuss the process for a Philippine citizen to license firearms. Has anyone (your pinay wife maybe?) been through the process? Was it a big hassle? Less trouble for sure than spending 4 to 6 years in prison for possessing unlicensed firearms.

After much searching I found that PNP implements the law for firearm licensing. Here is the application form for license: http://tinyurl.com/25w7pg

Here are the requirements: http://www.pnp.gov.ph/reg/content/fa.html#c

Forms to be accomplished

Duly accomplishes Firearm License Application (3 copies duly notarized w/ CTC No.)

PNP Form No. 2 (Application for Regular License)

Information Sheet

Affidavit of No-Pending Case

Drug Test

Gun Safety Seminar with OR

Neuro-Psychiatric Test with OR

DI/PNP Clearance

Police Clearance (Place of Residence)

Mayor's Clearance (Place of Residence)

Court Clearance (Place of Residence)

Ballistics/Stencil Report

PNP Form No.12 (Permit to Purchase Firearm and Ammunition)

Firearm License Fee (EO256) and Surety Bond

Firearm License Card Fee P150.00

Deed of Sale or Affidavit of Transfer (For Transfer Firearm)

Three (3) 2x2 and two (2) 1x1 ID pictures with signature

Proof of Citizenship for Foreign Sounding names (Birth Certificate, etc.)

Other documents required:

FOR PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL

Certificate of Employment

Income Tax Return duly notarized by BIR representative

Sounds like a real pain in the butt. My wife (a Philippine citizen) doesn't have a job and doesn't file tax returns. Maybe I could have my father-in-law do the legwork. He is retired PNP.

Mike in Cebu

some nice shotguns:

Mossberg.jpg

Mossberg 500 Tactical Cruiser 12 gauge, 6 round capacity.

Saiga12.jpg

Saiga 12 gauge shotgun with 10 round magazine.

M.Morey...can I really shoot someone and still sleep at night?...what about going to heaven and all that??

smokey

what was the old saying..... when i die i am going to heaven because i have already served my time in hell

mello874

I dont worry about a weapon here. I will call my neighbor and let him shoot them.

fanboat
This topic has been touched on before but it has drifted to self defense issues. If someone wants to discuss self defense, home defense or the right or wrong of it there are already topics started for that. I would just like to discuss the process for a Philippine citizen to license firearms. Has anyone (your pinay wife maybe?) been through the process? Was it a big hassle? Less trouble for sure than spending 4 to 6 years in prison for possessing unlicensed firearms.

After much searching I found that PNP implements the law for firearm licensing. Here is the application form for license: http://tinyurl.com/25w7pg

Forms to be accomplished

Duly accomplishes Firearm License Application (3 copies duly notarized w/ CTC No.)

Information Sheet

Drug Test

DI/PNP Clearance

FOR PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL

Sounds like a real pain in the butt. My wife (a Philippine citizen) doesn't have a job and doesn't file tax returns. Maybe I could have my father-in-law do the legwork. He is retired PNP.

Mike in Cebu

some nice shotguns:

Mossberg.jpg

Saiga12.jpg

If there was a gun in the house..I think my girl friend would have shot me...jealous type...I did nothing wrong

Lee
If there was a gun in the house..I think my girl friend would have shot me...jealous type...I did nothing wrong

Guns are not for everyone and people really need to know their own limitations and that of who they live with. Good to see you know your gf well enough to not have one. :blink:

fanboat

Forms to be accomplished

Information Sheet

Drug Test

DI/PNP Clearance

FOR PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL

Mike in Cebu

some nice shotguns:

Mossberg.jpg

Saiga12.jpg

Mr. Morey...I got a 14" knife hope to hell I can save my ass...hell only knows?

Cipro

Mr. Morey...I got a 14" knife hope to hell I can save my ass...hell only knows?

Not worried about the GF with a 14" knife?

fanboat

Not worried about the GF with a 14" knife?

Funny thing is the knife is missing and so am I...got a new gf now...she seems to be gentle to me...?

ps...can I just buy a gun...shot the bastard...and just thow the gun away?

HHammer

All your home security issues can be solved with a S.R.T based on a Ruger MK2..... compact, accurate... And you wont wake your neighbors........ But i will not condone breaking any countries laws.....

m60man

In no way shape or form. I almost did in my Balikbayan boxes........but decided it would not be worth the price if they did find it. Guns are plentiful here......maybe to plentiful and in the wrong hands more then not. If you have a weapon here then it needs to be your secret......not shared with the good ole boys like in the USA. Another thought......if you have never taken the life of another human, or 100% sure you could beyond a shadow of doubt.......then you really do not need to own one. Chances are it will bring you grief here, or worse. Not to mention that you will have to live with your actions the rest of your life. Good, bad or indifferent.....it will haunt you. Just my thoughts on the matter. Do I have a gun here? Like I said, thats my secret.

Hey Mike: How goes it?

Can you import a pistol or shotgun into the PI by having them part of a shipment of household goods?

See ya

Just a quick question ... do you have to register rifles and shotguns or only pistols ......?????????????

• Like 1

SkyMan

I prefer an armed guard then he can do the dirty work. :)

This works great until the guard's wife, child, or other family member needs an operation or he runs up a big gambling debt or whatever and decides his p150 per day isn't enough anymore and he decides to take a bonus from his boss.

Bonehead
I really did not want to get off topic as I said in the beginning. But if I had to use a weapon it would be at my home and inside the walls of my compound to protect myself and family from potential bodily harm in an attack.

Mike in Cebu

Like anything here it can be done but what will YOU do if you have to use the weapon??? Run home and pick him up so he can stand over the dead guy??? Sorry to say but its a lot cheaper and less hassel to just hire someone else to do the deed...

Well your certainlly free to go get a lic.. or at least let your wife get one... my wife thinks its best not to let the world know what she does or does not have... Its kind of a sad thing to say but no matter how stable and how you prove thru ACR and building a house and living here a long time.. when it comes to the law your always going to be a foreigner so that is why its best to lic. the gun in your wife's name.. i guess same goes for places in the US .. my sister has lived in Hawaii for over 25 years and she is still a Haloie ???

It's Haole. In general it means foreigner but it more so means white or from mainland America. The word Haole is a contraction of two words:

Ha- which means the breath of life.

A'ole- which means "no"

Literally translated Haole means "without the breath of life" or lifeless. It generally refers to the pale complexion of the skin. I'm sure you've heard the term, "You look deathly pale." In Hawaii we use the word Haole. However not a lot of people know what the word really means and that it's a contraction of Ha and A'ole.

By the way, Haole isn't exactly a nice thing to call someone. Locals normally use it in a derogatory way. I'd be wary if locals start calling you by the term Haole, because that usually precedes them starting a fight with you. It depends on how they say it. Either way, it's not nice to call someone "the walking dead."

Edited by Stroker Hawaii

easy44
I really did not want to get off topic as I said in the beginning. But if I had to use a weapon it would be at my home and inside the walls of my compound to protect myself and family from potential bodily harm in an attack.

Mike in Cebu

Like anything here it can be done but what will YOU do if you have to use the weapon??? Run home and pick him up so he can stand over the dead guy??? Sorry to say but its a lot cheaper and less hassel to just hire someone else to do the deed...

Well your certainlly free to go get a lic.. or at least let your wife get one... my wife thinks its best not to let the world know what she does or does not have... Its kind of a sad thing to say but no matter how stable and how you prove thru ACR and building a house and living here a long time.. when it comes to the law your always going to be a foreigner so that is why its best to lic. the gun in your wife's name.. i guess same goes for places in the US .. my sister has lived in Hawaii for over 25 years and she is still a Haloie ???

It's Haole. In general it means foreigner but it more so means white or from mainland America. The word Haole is a contraction of two words:

Ha- which means the breath of life.

A'ole- which means "no"

Literally translated Haole means "without the breath of life" or lifeless. It generally refers to the pale complexion of the skin. I'm sure you've heard the term, "You look deathly pale." In Hawaii we use the word Haole. However not a lot of people know what the word really means and that it's a contraction of Ha and A'ole.

By the way, Haole isn't exactly a nice thing to call someone. Locals normally use it in a derogatory way. I'd be wary if locals start calling you by the term Haole, because that usually precedes them starting a fight with you. It depends on how they say it. Either way, it's not nice to call someone "the walking dead."

True, but in my years living in Hawaii the term haole was usually a generic term for "white guy". When used in a derogatory way it was usually preceded by "Fu**ing"!

Edited by easy44

Mailman

Racism - it just ain't okay for white people. :biggrin_01:

broden

Racism - it just ain't okay for white people. :evan_iliadis:

surely there's a motivational out there for that