Sign in to follow this  
Mik

What is the procedure to license firearms here?

Mik

This topic has been touched on before but it has drifted to self defense issues. If someone wants to discuss self defense, home defense or the right or wrong of it there are already topics started for that. I would just like to discuss the process for a Philippine citizen to license firearms. Has anyone (your pinay wife maybe?) been through the process? Was it a big hassle? Less trouble for sure than spending 4 to 6 years in prison for possessing unlicensed firearms.

After much searching I found that PNP implements the law for firearm licensing. Here is the application form for license: http://tinyurl.com/25w7pg

Here are the requirements: http://www.pnp.gov.ph/reg/content/fa.html#c

Forms to be accomplished

Duly accomplishes Firearm License Application (3 copies duly notarized w/ CTC No.)

PNP Form No. 2 (Application for Regular License)

Information Sheet

Affidavit of No-Pending Case

Drug Test

Gun Safety Seminar with OR

Neuro-Psychiatric Test with OR

DI/PNP Clearance

Police Clearance (Place of Residence)

Mayor's Clearance (Place of Residence)

Court Clearance (Place of Residence)

Ballistics/Stencil Report

PNP Form No.12 (Permit to Purchase Firearm and Ammunition)

Firearm License Fee (EO256) and Surety Bond

Firearm License Card Fee P150.00

Deed of Sale or Affidavit of Transfer (For Transfer Firearm)

Three (3) 2x2 and two (2) 1x1 ID pictures with signature

Proof of Citizenship for Foreign Sounding names (Birth Certificate, etc.)

Other documents required:

FOR PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL

Certificate of Employment

Income Tax Return duly notarized by BIR representative

Sounds like a real pain in the butt. My wife (a Philippine citizen) doesn't have a job and doesn't file tax returns. Maybe I could have my father-in-law do the legwork. He is retired PNP.

Mike in Cebu

some nice shotguns:

Mossberg.jpg

Mossberg 500 Tactical Cruiser 12 gauge, 6 round capacity.

Saiga12.jpg

Saiga 12 gauge shotgun with 10 round magazine.

Edited by M.Morey
  • Like 2

caloy

Definitely your father in law can help and a little bribe can hasten the process. ;)

smokey
This topic has been touched on before but it has drifted to self defense issues. If someone wants to discuss self defense, home defense or the right or wrong of it there are already topics started for that. I would just like to discuss the process for a Philippine citizen to license firearms. Has anyone (your pinay wife maybe?) been through the process? Was it a big hassle? Less trouble for sure than spending 4 to 6 years in prison for possessing unlicensed firearms.

After much searching I found that PNP implements the law for firearm licensing. Here is the application form for license: http://tinyurl.com/25w7pg

Forms to be accomplished

Duly accomplishes Firearm License Application (3 copies duly notarized w/ CTC No.)

Information Sheet

Drug Test

DI/PNP Clearance

FOR PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL

Sounds like a real pain in the butt. My wife (a Philippine citizen) doesn't have a job and doesn't file tax returns. Maybe I could have my father-in-law do the legwork. He is retired PNP.

Mike in Cebu

some nice shotguns:

54125.jpg

saiga_12k_tromix.jpg

Like anything here it can be done but what will YOU do if you have to use the weapon??? Run home and pick him up so he can stand over the dead guy??? Sorry to say but its a lot cheaper and less hassel to just hire someone else to do the deed...

Mike S

Just a quick question ... do you have to register rifles and shotguns or only pistols ......?????????????

Mik

All firearms must be licensed, and this includes some air guns. Some other types of air guns are classified as toys and need not be licensed.

Mik

I really did not want to get off topic as I said in the beginning. But if I had to use a weapon it would be at my home and inside the walls of my compound to protect myself and family from potential bodily harm in an attack.

Mike in Cebu

Like anything here it can be done but what will YOU do if you have to use the weapon??? Run home and pick him up so he can stand over the dead guy??? Sorry to say but its a lot cheaper and less hassel to just hire someone else to do the deed...
Edited by M.Morey
  • Like 2

JLG

I had a little birdie tell me that if you are a board member of a company that is incorporated in the Philippines can get a concealed license permit, just not allowed to carry during election times!

I shot the little birdie! ;)

smokey
I really did not want to get off topic as I said in the beginning. But if I had to use a weapon it would be at my home and inside the walls of my compound to protect myself and family from potential bodily harm in an attack.

Mike in Cebu

Well your certainlly free to go get a lic.. or at least let your wife get one... my wife thinks its best not to let the world know what she does or does not have... Its kind of a sad thing to say but no matter how stable and how you prove thru ACR and building a house and living here a long time.. when it comes to the law your always going to be a foreigner so that is why its best to lic. the gun in your wife's name.. i guess same goes for places in the US .. my sister has lived in Hawaii for over 25 years and she is still a Haloie ???

Alan S
I had a little birdie tell me that if you are a board member of a company that is incorporated in the Philippines can get a concealed license permit, just not allowed to carry during election times!

I shot the little birdie! :biggrin_01:

I would be extremely surprised if that were true.

I have assisted a number of companies to move to the Philippines, most setting up wholly or part owned Philippine companies to operate there, and have never heard of this provision, nor read it in any documentation.

milton

that is quite a street sweeper there!!

Forms to be accomplished

Information Sheet

Drug Test

DI/PNP Clearance

FOR PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL

Mike in Cebu

some nice shotguns:

Mossberg.jpg

Saiga12.jpg

Bukwali

My wife is licensed for a firearm, she got the license from "shooters Guns & Ammo" Gen Maxilom Ave, Cebu City, it was a very simple process, she filled out the relevant forms inside shooters, she was then asked to return with Baranguy clearance, and resident certificate, plus her photos, once she provided those items the paper work was complete, I don't remember how much she paid for the license [it was two years ago] because we paid one total bill including the 12g mossburg S/gun, the total 20,000php for license and weapon, [cartridges 1 box of ten =300php].

It took two weeks for processing of paper work, then a temporary license was issued [original license took three months to arrive and is valid for three years] you can collect your weapon once the temporary license is issued.

John

that is quite a street sweeper there!!

Forms to be accomplished
Information Sheet
Drug Test
DI/PNP Clearance
FOR PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL

Mike in Cebu

Edited by Paul
fixed quotes - after five and a half years. :)
  • Like 1

james

I was advised by a senior police officer that my wife should register a gun, seems a small payment and some signatures and hey there it would be, then I could use it on our property for home defence. The only issue would then be if I killed a local who was entering the property, seems its a rule for foreigners and one for locals, the solution was a high powered air soft gun, laser sight, 60 round magazine, works on the basis that wife can get the real gun ready, I will blind the oncoming fool and disarm him.

I figured the papers would be a little lighter on my protecting myself with a toy then a real gun, then if a repeat was to happen the second guy could feel the real thing

James

• Like 1

Lee

I think a group of foreigners should hire a very good and well connected attorney to petition for a law change based on the US federal law, that green card holding Filipinos or Filipinos without green cards who reside in the USA and have hunting licenses, can buy and own guns in many states and therefore there should be reciprocity. This would be a good way to start off and a good foundation to build on, once and if that were to be approved.

I think a lot of us would be willing to contribute to the fund and I am sure that anything can be done in time and it would be much better to have the gun legally (if you desire to own one) should you ever have to use it to defend your home and family, then for it to be in your wife's name and then you might get deported and banned from re-entry and therefore never be able to come back to your home should you have to defend yourself, your family and your property.

I would guess that if the petition was for a shotgun and not a hand gun then it might have a better chance of passing but it could be drafted for both and worded so that if they were afraid the hand guns would be carried then shotguns permits could be approved or even better, two different ones could be drafted and submitted and they might choose what they consider to be the lessor of the two evils and approve the ability to buy and own shotgun and actually IMHO a shotgun would be much better for home defense than a handgun except accessibility issues.

I personally do not feel that I need to own a gun for home defense at this point because I feel more or less safe in our high rise condo with all the armed security that people would have to pass to come up to us, not that any of them are probably worth a darn, but high visibility is what is the biggest deterrent to crime and unless my wife and I are directly targeted for a crime, there are a lot of other people and other units to pick from before they would get to us. Crime is really all about convenience and opportunity and making yourself a less convenient target, makes you less likely to become a target, But I would still be willing to donate to such a fund in hopes that we could someday build on that law, if it were approved.

Of course owning a shotgun and letting it be known is a good deterrent, but you would also have to have someone home at all times to make your home less of a target for a burglary because owning that gun and people knowing it, makes your home a prime target for that. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mr. Lee
  • Like 1

Mike S

Another thought on this subject is weather you own your own home or not ...... firing a weapon inside an apartment ...... condo or other multi-family dwelling ..... presents another round of problems ...... what to do when you accidentally shoot your next door neighbors 6 year old child with a missed round through the wall ..... and please don't tell me you always hit what you aim at ....... just something else to consider ....... by the way I am all for protecting your domain but not at the expense of others ........ maybe a bean-bag shot-gun might be the answer in close quarters ........... just a thought ......

Mik

A shotgun is better suited for the home. It has more stopping power than a handgun and less range. Mostly the walls here are masonry so unintended injury should be minimized. Be sure of your background - watch out for windows.

A justified killing of an intruder might not have legal consequences for the homeowner, but what about his relatives seeking revenge.

Mike in Cebu