Sign in to follow this  
broden

Grout Sealer

broden

ok the place we are buying has large porcelain tiles on 90% of the first floor there are two spots where decoratively tiles were broken up and placed mosaicly-ish but with purposely large space between (pics someday when closing passes)

we have dogs

and a kiddo

so i would like to know what kind of grout sealer you guys would suggest .. something i can put down once in a while (no idea how often something like this needs to be redone)

Headshot

Go to Home Depot with pictures, and ask their advice. Their people are actually pretty good with tile.

• Like 1

broden

Go to Home Depot with pictures, and ask their advice. Their people are actually pretty good with tile.

i'll be spending a good bit of time there and lowes.. gotta wait to get the pics though

CardiacKid

Silicone grout sealer comes to mind. Still better to ask at Home Depot or Lowe's. Been about 15 yrs since I did any tile work and they may have a new product.

• Like 1

smokey

i'll be spending a good bit of time there and lowes.. gotta wait to get the pics though

if you come to arizona lowes and home depo have a parking space at the front door that says... SMOKEY parking only

• Like 1

broden

if you come to arizona lowes and home depo have a parking space at the front door that says... SMOKEY parking only

just watch out for those dropped nails in the parking lot

smokey

Serious do you KNOW any disabled vets in the area... or military.... when you buy the large items home depo and Lowes if you remind them give 10% OFF ... if you buy and sometimes its a lot.. really counts when i first moved i spent over 4,000 in one day on washer and drier ,, TV ,, couch.. pots and pans at the base and another 3,000 at home depo for wood floors and some carpet.. etc the base had NO tax and home depo 10% off

Edited by smokey

broden

Serious do you KNOW any disabled vets in the area... or military.... when you buy the large items home depo and Lowes if you remind them give 10% OFF ... if you buy and sometimes its a lot.. really counts when i first moved i spent over 4,000 in one day on washer and drier ,, TV ,, couch.. pots and pans at the base and another 3,000 at home depo for wood floors and some carpet.. etc the base had NO tax and home depo 10% off

yeah i know when i have some people i know visit i'll take them shopping

Davaoeno

Grout is very cheap here. Labor is even cheaper. I solved the problem by installing a different color of grout. In a high traffic area i used a dark grey, in less heavy areas i used a blue. Do NOT use white grout. I did a whole house in Mexico in white tile, then used white grout, and spent a fortune afterwards with silicone sealers - only to always have dirty looking grout. I replaced all the grout with a darker color and never worried about it again

• Like 3

broden

i'm tempted to use scotchguard

i just want to keep dog piss , more than anything, from soaking in ..

like i said we have dogs and always will and housebreaking always takes time

easy44

i'm tempted to use scotchguard

i just want to keep dog piss , more than anything, from soaking in ..

like i said we have dogs and always will and housebreaking always takes time

Then you need the yellow grout.

• Like 3

smokey

Grout is very cheap here. Labor is even cheaper. I solved the problem by installing a different color of grout. In a high traffic area i used a dark grey, in less heavy areas i used a blue. Do NOT use white grout. I did a whole house in Mexico in white tile, then used white grout, and spent a fortune afterwards with silicone sealers - only to always have dirty looking grout. I replaced all the grout with a darker color and never worried about it again

i had all my grout changed to black here at my house the white grout looked bad

• Like 1