Kidnap Gang operating on Mactan Island

For Real

Please be alert.

PNP have advised that a kidnap gang has been spotted in Pajac, Lapu Lapu City last December. Identified vehicles include a green van licensed MM 507 and a white Van VXM 357.

Mactan offers an especially easy escape for kidnappers, please be on your guard around schools, areas that children play. Please also advise your friends and families to be on their guard and teach their children about the dangers of strangers.

mactanfamily

This is a hoax.

From last November 9:

Roxas City – A text message from an officer of the Philippine National Police (PNP-Capiz) that reached Capiz Dateline saying that there are kidnap groups from Manila operating now in Capiz is nothing but a hoax.

Part of the text message says, “(As) Per instruction from PD thru S2, please verify in your AOR, damu na sila nabiktima Manila then are na sila subong sa Capiz….” (they have a lot of victims in Manila and they are now here in Capiz.)

The message also alleges that one of the kidnap groups was arrested by the authorities in Balasan, a northern town of Iloilo, when it kidnapped three female teenagers.

The text instructed the recipient to be alert and to give information as to the whereabouts of the two vans, should they see any of them: a green van with plate number XMM 507 and a white van with plate number VXM 357. The text message says, these two are used by the kidnap groups.

On the other hand, in a separate interview, PSSupt. Domingo Cabillan, Provincial Director, PNP-Capiz told Capiz Dateline that he also received the same text message. He instructed his officers to verify the veracity of the message through the Balasan Police in Iloilo.

The investigation results show that the report is not true and the alleged plate numbers are not registered at the Land Transportation Office (LTO). -Capizdateline.com/John S. Heredia

A_Simple_Man
PNP have advised that a kidnap gang has been spotted in Pajac, Lapu Lapu City last December.

Much as it is great to hear they are on top of things, December was over 11 days ago. Do they really expect kidnappers to hang around all month waiting to be spotted? Whats the rest of the story?

EDIT Thanks Mactanfamily, for the rest of the story

Edited by A_Simple_Man
  • Like 1
mactanfamily

And from another news story on it....

One of the text messages read, “alert kita guys. May mga grupo from Manila. Ari na sila subong sa Capiz kag nadakpan na ang isa nila ka grupo! Gapangkidnap sila mga bata kag teenagers. Kaina sa Balasan, tatlo gid ka dalaga ila nakuka. Please be inform sa iban kag alert gid kamo.” (Please be alert guys. There are groups from Manila. They are now in Capiz. One of their group members was arrested. They have been kidnapping children and teenagers. Recently in Balasan, they abducted three ladies. Please be informed and be alert.)

Further, the message also warned of the vehicles used by the alleged abducters: a green van with plate number XMM-507 and white van (VXM-357).

Read more about Said by ■ By Jennifer Ponsaran-Rendon

mactanfamily

On a side note,

I did just get a text warning of a large tsunami on its way to Mactan.

Please advise all friends and family to immediately get to higher ground. If you have to trample people, so be it.

It was a text, so I'm sure it's true.

• Like 4
jtmwatchbiz
please be on your guard around schools, areas that children play. Please also advise your friends and families to be on their guard and teach their children about the dangers of strangers.

this is good advice regardless of the authenticity of the kidnap threat in mactan. i am shocked at the way small kids are strolling along to school alone on main roads. kids in general here are oblivious of the dangers with encountering strangers...stuff that was taught to us decades ago in grammar school in the USA. this stuff should be taught to kids at a very early age by their teachers and parents.

• Like 1
Davaoeno

Maybe its their gfs who are stealing wallets from guys in cars at the mall like happened to Guenther ??

• Like 2
A_Simple_Man

We get similar warnings frequently in the province where I live. Never a shred of evidence but the "green van with plate number XMM 507 and a white van with plate number VXM 357" are always said to have foreigners driving them.

For Real

this is good advice regardless of the authenticity of the kidnap threat in mactan. i am shocked at the way small kids are strolling along to school alone on main roads. kids in general here are oblivious of the dangers with encountering strangers...stuff that was taught to us decades ago in grammar school in the USA. this stuff should be taught to kids at a very early age by their teachers and parents.

That's my take as well. This communication right or wrong hit a nerve and is being circulated and I have noticed a heightened security with the school near where i live. I never checked with the bush telegraph or istorya to see if it was a hoax and will not be updating the circle that informed me. If that leaves me open to ridicule amongst the crotchety pensioner brigade then I will just have to take their incontinence pads on the chin :-)

smokey

We get similar warnings frequently in the province where I live. Never a shred of evidence but the "green van with plate number XMM 507 and a white van with plate number VXM 357" are always said to have foreigners driving them.

you mean the vans used to steal body parts to sell ... i think that is why its always foreigner driving them kids already told to be careful around the white guys ,, my wife told me someone told her to be careful when and if she goes to manila because foreigners will get insurance and then throw the wife out the window in a high hotel ,,

• 1 month later...
Thelandofku-an

you mean the vans used to steal body parts to sell ... i think that is why its always foreigner driving them kids already told to be careful around the white guys ,, my wife told me someone told her to be careful when and if she goes to manila because foreigners will get insurance and then throw the wife out the window in a high hotel ,,

These kinds of comments are is similar to us Brit's telling Kids "the policeman will get you if you're naughty", but they strike a raw nerve in me too!

Type "Foreigner" or "Americano" into most newspaper search engines here in Phils and you'll be unpleasantly surprised!

Pgon

Edited by Thelandofku-an!

One thing I don't miss about the USA is their mindless paranoia. The odds of a child being molested by a stranger in the USA are about the same as catching SARS or Birdflu, it happens very, very seldom. Almost all missing children are abducted by relatives, as in the faces on the milk cartons where it turned out almost every single one of them was abducted by the non-custodial parent during a custody dispute.

The Philippines is no less safe than the USA and probably safer, except for the increased probability of being hit by a motorcycle or jeepney, or stepping into an unmarked pothole.

• Like 1
Canuck Joe

Mactan offers an especially easy escape for kidnappers

by boat?

• Like 1
Canuck Joe

On a side note,

I did just get a text warning of a large tsunami on its way to Mactan.

Please advise all friends and family to immediately get to higher ground. If you have to trample people, so be it.

It was a text, so I'm sure it's true.

i have a fan blowing on me....i may explode

Headshot

by boat?

There is no easy escape from Pajak...not by car...not by boat...not by plane...not by anything.

• Like 2