Visa extension fees I paid today, Wow

datkins587

I will have been here for 6 months when my Visa expires on Jan 19th. I renewed it today and was a little shocked at the fees they charged me. For some reason I thought it was suppose to get cheaper after your first initial extension.

Monthy Extension fee 1000

annual report 300

monthly extension application fee 300

certificate of residense for temporary Visitiors fee 1400

certificate fee 500

legal research fee 50

express lane fee 500

express lane fee certification 500

Total damage 4550

Edited by datkins587
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stranded Shipscook

• Monsoon

• CebuKano

• johnboy999

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Prices are written on the Wall in the waiting area. Never pay more. Never pay to "friendly"helpers. Very simple.( If you can't read, bring your gf/wife.*)   Bit over 100 US $ for someone who spend

Are you not happy here ? Who needs all that crap above btw...(I tried to escape from consumerism.) English bulldogs ?Top50Universities? Who went to a Top 50 university ?Baguettes are for 1 $ at Bo

you think it's bad now, wait until that lawyer working for them wakes up and realizes how little he is charging relative to other fees.

Guy60417

For some reason I thought it was suppose to get cheaper after your first initial extension.

Depends on what time you show up. The rules change every hour, on the hour.

I feel your pain. I'm curious about something: Has anybody ever NOT paid the express lane fees? I never asked for express lane, but they charge it anyway.

My tourist cycle re-started last April. Including ACR card total was P5203. Each renewal after that has been P2830.

They do seem to add extra charges in Mandaue BOI when compared to smaller offices. Legal research fee here is 10 pesos. Not only do you have to pay more there, it takes 3-4 times as long to process it.

shadow

It's definitely getting to be more fun in the Philippines!

udonthani

I feel your pain. I'm curious about something: Has anybody ever NOT paid the express lane fees? I never asked for express lane, but they charge it anyway.

at one time I think you could opt out of the express lane fee, but they changed it so you couldn't, about five years ago. I paid only 4000, in two payments (2,800 and 1,200) for my second 59 day extension after my first 38 day one just before Christmas, I was expecting to pay more. I've only ever got one ACR card, the one they gave me 2 years ago and for which extension I paid over 7.000. Usually my 59 day extension has cost more like 5,000, not 4,000.

Mandaue BoI is not bad for time if you get there early, every one of my last five extensions there have been less than an hour. Again years ago it used to take a lot longer. My best was Bacolod, finished in less than 10 minutes. I deliberately stopped getting extensions done at the CDO office if I could avoid it, as they just took too long, always over 2 hours.

Skywalker

According to that site, the fine for each year of overstay is a very reasonable 5000 pesos - that's a considerable saving on renewing the 59 day visa every 2 months.

Looks like that is the answer! :yahoo:

According to that site, the fine for each year of overstay is a very reasonable 5000 pesos - that's a considerable saving on renewing the 59 day visa every 2 months.

Looks like that is the answer! :yahoo:

I'd imagine they'd charge you the visa renewal fee's + the fine + whatever other fee's and penalties they thought you could afford.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

My experience on overstayed tourist visas is you end up paying about double of what you would have paid in the first place.

rfm010

you think it's bad now, wait until that lawyer working for them wakes up and realizes how little he is charging relative to other fees.

• Like 1
Bill H
They do seem to add extra charges in Mandaue BOI when compared to smaller offices. Legal research fee here is 10 pesos. Not only do you have to pay more there, it takes 3-4 times as long to process it.

Is there an alternative office on Cebu island?

johnboy999

Only the one office in Mandaue on Cebu, but going from Moalboal, maybe it's worth considering getting it done in Dumaguete. Much faster service there and a more enjoyable journey to get there

I go to an office in Agusan del Norte, and have done before we even moved off Cebu. Shortest time I've spent in there for a visa renewal was under 10 minutes.

• Like 1
CebuKano

My tourist cycle re-started last April. Including ACR card total was P5203. Each renewal after that has been P2830.

On your next extension (if you do extend) they will charge you an additional 300 for all important Annual Report (sarcasm).

And in the Mandaue BOI they have increased the Legal Research Fee from 30 to 40. Don't know if that's nationwide but it's a pretty safe bet to say it is.

Edited by Motörhead