SS Payment rose by 2%

USMC-Retired

USMC-Retired

Mike Huckbee is one guy I really like and yes he is a conservative Republican. Here is a new little hidden gem. Your taxes did not go up thanks to the Democrats however did they mention you SS payment would each month. It was the GOP was trying to stop along with your taxes for everyone. But hey they were evil we all know it.

It’s the question rocking the Internet: “What happened to my paycheck?!” A lot of young liberal voters woke in the New Year with an expensive hangover. They thought the tax hikes they cheered would only hit the rich. Now, they’re crying foul on Twitter and Facebook as they discover their first paychecks of 2013 are painfully light. That’s because the Social Security payroll tax that was cut by 2 percent in 2010 to stimulate the economy has been allowed to rise back to where it was before. And that extra 2 percent is not chickenfeed. If you make just $50,000 a year, it’ll cost you an extra thousand bucks a year. That’s an $83 a month pay cut. Probably more than their cell phone bill and a Saturday night out combined. It’s a harsh lesson that’s turned a lot of young liberals into conservatives over the years: When you demand free stuff from the government, someone eventually has to pay for it. And if you have a job, it’ll be you.

For more of the Huckabee Report, visit MikeHuckabee.com.

• Like 1
tom_shor

Wait until the obamacare taxes kick in. They will certainly squeal like pigs.

• Like 1

I don't know why people are calling that a tax increase, it was always meant to be a short term deal with a fixed expiration. Can't run a country without taxes and American's really don't pay that high of a tax rate compared to some other industrialized countries.

Edited by Dolsos

http://en.wikipedia...._By_Country.svg

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/briefing-book/background/numbers/international.cfm

Can't see a more current year off the top of my googling and entirely too late for me to keep looking but regardless, the US's issue isn't its tax rate its mismanagement of revenue and a system of entitlements that rewards living off the government dime as opposed to becoming self sufficient.

Edited by Dolsos
Justin Kredible

I have no problem tossing the Fed another 2%.

We are all going to have to pay a little more to get the economy on track. I'll just cut out my (sometimes multiple) daily Dunkin Donuts pumkin spice coffees. Need to lose a few pounds anyhoo.

I'll do my part. Now it's up to the Fed to cut ridiculous spending on the military, tighten up the tax codes, and review entitlement programs.

It's a brave new world, baby!

• Admin (Retired)
broden
Now it's up to the Fed to cut ridiculous spending on the military, tighten up the tax codes, and review entitlement programs.

there in lies the rub .. .. everyone can argue where cuts should come but will they come or if they ever come will they be more than offset by spending increases elsewhere

or just forget the offset part and have spending increases

Justin Kredible

there in lies the rub .. .. everyone can argue where cuts should come but will they come or if they ever come will they be more than offset by spending increases elsewhere

or just forget the offset part and have spending increases

Good point. The politicians operated under fear from the big lobby forces (military, NRA, corporations, banks) pulling their support and losing the next election. This super-PAC crap and the power of lobbyists needs to be addressed as well as real campaign reform - the big money needs to be pulled away from American politics if it is ever expected to do anything worthwhile.

Politicians should be concerned about truly serving their constituents - not worrying about a big money lobbyist causing them the next election.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Good point. The politicians operated under fear from the big lobby forces (military, NRA, corporations, banks) pulling their support and losing the next election. This super-PAC crap and the power of lobbyists needs to be addressed as well as real campaign reform - the big money needs to be pulled away from American politics if it is ever expected to do anything worthwhile.

Politicians should be concerned about truly serving their constituents - not worrying about a big money lobbyist causing them the next election.

or small money lobbiest ... vote buying is not getting any better anywhere

CardiacKid
Politicians should be concerned about truly serving their constituents
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
  • Like 1
softail
It’s the question rocking the Internet: “What happened to my paycheck?!” A lot of young liberal voters woke in the New Year with an expensive hangover. They thought the tax hikes they cheered would only hit the rich. Now, they’re crying foul on Twitter and Facebook as they discover their first paychecks of 2013 are painfully light. That’s because the Social Security payroll tax that was cut by 2 percent in 2010 to stimulate the economy has been allowed to rise back to where it was before. And that extra 2 percent is not chickenfeed. If you make just $50,000 a year, it’ll cost you an extra thousand bucks a year. That’s an $83 a month pay cut. Probably more than their cell phone bill and a Saturday night out combined. It’s a harsh lesson that’s turned a lot of young liberals into conservatives over the years: When you demand free stuff from the government, someone eventually has to pay for it. And if you have a job, it’ll be you.

I don't know what the problem is, this is not a tax hike at all, the tax is simple resetting back to the original percentage. This was simply a tax break, not met to be permanent. People should be thankful for the temporary break and the little extra money in their pocket that they have enjoyed. No different than the stories we read on this site where money has been sent to families in the Philippines to help with a budget rough spot, when the money stops, the sender becomes the enemy.

Doug

• Admin (Retired)
broden

part of the problem is it seems temporary tax breaks go away but temporary tax hikes never do

SkyMan
American's really don't pay that high of a tax rate compared to some other industrialized countries.
Americans do not compare ourselves to other countries. If we're getting ripped off by our government we don't console ourselves that other country's governments are ripping off their people worse than us.
I'll do my part. Now it's up to the Fed to cut ridiculous spending on the military, tighten up the tax codes, and review entitlement programs.
Which part (singular) do you think will get done?
I would bet most politicians see the lobbyists as their constituents. Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1
dc3driver

We are happy with the increase in SS payments, it is an extra $52 a month for us this year. Too bad those that are still working will have to pay more, as it won't be there in it's present form for them.

CardiacKid

We are happy with the increase in SS payments, it is an extra $52 a month for us this year. Too bad those that are still working will have to pay more, as it won't be there in it's present form for them.

Yes, that's actually the best part of this. We get to spend their money and leave them with worthless IOU's for a retirement plan. I wonder how long we can continue kicking this can down the road.