Another foreigner husband killed by filipina wife and her son

Not sure pre-nup is available in PH since there is no divorce as such.

I suppose most would want to leave their wife a decent chunk anyway. If there are kids from a previous marriage then it's more complicated i guess. Need to ask a Lawyer really, everyones situation is different.

I also wonder if one could have a clause written in to a Will that if you die in suspicious circumstances and your wife is found guilty of involvement she could be cut out of the Will. I guess it would get complicated if you had kids with her though.

If one does not trust their wife it would probably be best to just divorce her on a visit to your home country then move on elsewhere.

Leave out the part about if she is found guilty of involvement and just go with suspicious circumstances, period. I don't think you can rule out law enforcement looking the other way. It could actually be possible that someone decided to take up cliff diving at the age of 70 and just really made a poor choice in a spot with no water for the first practice dive.

Possibly you could set it up so most of your wealth goes into a trust to be doled out to the immediate family so they could live at subsistance level, to get more than that, they need to make sure you are breathing or die of natural causes.

Best might be to be a long 2 or more year engagement after which if the above plans sound like a good idea, don't get married!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Davaoeno

• jtmwatchbiz

• udonthani

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My advice is don't get married, don't even think about it - If you can't totally trust your partner then no matter what you do the marriage is doomed to failure - of course that advice is good for any

Love how some people form themselves into little school groups, pointing and talking about all the others. It's like a group of neighbourhood women talking behind the back of the newly moved in woman

well sure divorce sucks but getting shot well that tends to suck a little more..

I also wonder if one could have a clause written in to a Will that if you die in suspicious circumstances and your wife is found guilty of involvement she could be cut out of the Will. I guess it would get complicated if you had kids with her though.

Don't know what the law is here, but in the US (and, I imagine, many other countries) a person found guilty of murder cannot inherit from the victim.

• Like 1
smokey

Not sure pre-nup is available in PH since there is no divorce as such.

I suppose most would want to leave their wife a decent chunk anyway. If there are kids from a previous marriage then it's more complicated i guess. Need to ask a Lawyer really, everyones situation is different.

If one does not trust their wife it would probably be best to just divorce her on a visit to your home country then move on elsewhere.

doesnt a bullet to the head cancle a pre nup ?

• Like 1
smokey

Don't know what the law is here, but in the US (and, I imagine, many other countries) a person found guilty of murder cannot inherit from the victim.

what case someone has to file a complaint for the case to go foward...

• Like 1
rainymike

Does stuff like this happen? It obviously does. Is it a significant risk?

Frankly, I'm more worried about getting run over by a jeepney than something like this. In my observations of the expat community and the local news where I live, I don't think the number of husband killings really represents a large number of expat related deaths for me to get paranoid about.

LOL ... but there is no way that I will set up my family financially that anyone is better off with me dead than alive.

• Like 1
smokey

Does stuff like this happen? It obviously does. Is it a significant risk?

Frankly, I'm more worried about getting run over by a jeepney than something like this. In my observations of the expat community and the local news where I live, I don't think the number of husband killings really represents a large number of expat related deaths for me to get paranoid about.

LOL ... but there is no way that I will set up my family financially that anyone is better off with me dead than alive.

sorry but most if not all of us are worth more to someone else dead then alive...,, death benefits ,, property ... penisons.. SS ... misc property , bank accts ...

• Like 1

Obviously, the Fillipina wife of the Japanese dead man knew he was worth something.

However most Kano who are here probably met their wives here and get take the steps to be seen as being worth more alive then dead.

- Do not tell anyone in PI about you assets in your own country and leave a will there with say one of kids. Leave some to your asawa but state that in the will

that if your death is suspicious she will not receive one cent.

- Rent and do not buy anything of value here and live solely off the pension

-Make sure your asawa's relatives are aware that you are dead broke and your pension will stop on your departure

• Like 3

some is a low estimate

Multitudes is the word you might be looking for. :cool:

• Like 1
smokey

Obviously, the Fillipina wife of the Japanese dead man knew he was worth something.

However most Kano who are here probably met their wives here and get take the steps to be seen as being worth more alive then dead.

- Do not tell anyone in PI about you assets in your own country and leave a will there with say one of kids. Leave some to your asawa but state that in the will

-Make sure your asawa's relatives are aware that you are dead broke and your pension will stop on your departure

can i add this to my list of blend in ,,,low profile , dont wear jewelry , dont carry a wallet,,, never make eye contact ,, dont be over groomed,, also keep your eyes down but most of all ENJOY YOUR RETIREMENT YOU WORKED SO HARD FOR

• Like 2
For Real

can i add this to my list of blend in ,,,low profile , dont wear jewelry , dont carry a wallet,,, never make eye contact ,, dont be over groomed,, also keep your eyes down but most of all ENJOY YOUR RETIREMENT YOU WORKED SO HARD FOR

Look on the bright side, Imagine working in the Philippines post school until retirement...

• Like 1

Sounds like a lot of work.

A simple will and relationship maintenance sounds easier.

I've tried minimizing my wealth but they see right through me.

They know I just spent 120,000 to travel here.

I can't go near the family; their thank you's turn to hate you as soon as I say no.

My wife tells the seedy ones that she's from Lazi Siquijor..

That seems to work.

• Like 1
AlooGobi

Who's to say that any of these people who have met their demise in the Philippines would not have shuffled off on that particular day and time if they were in their home country or anywhere else in the world for that matter.Death may not have come to them in the same manner but may have come any number of ways ,including being bored to death in a country and life that no longer suited them. The undeniable fact is that we will all go sooner or later and one of the great mysteries of life is the time and the circumstance of our own passing,unless of course you're planning suicide.

So why fret about your possible extinction,just accept it as a given and live your life by your own terms as much as possible,experience as much as possible,discover what makes you trully happy and

never take a second of it for granted!!

• Like 3
4. the type of foreigner the Philippines attracts. desperado alcoholics and sexpats goingh through their second adolescence (many of whom are in unfeasably large age-gap relationships with a huge imbalance in wealth between the spouses) and control freak loudmouths with highly questionable lifestyles are common, as are the number who get into dodgy business dealings. As I found myself agreeing with a forum member I met for the first time recently only last week, a lot if not most westerners in the Philippines, shouldn't even be here in the first place. It doesn't suit them.

I couldn't agree more there is some guys out here that are decent white monkeys... but by crikey I have also seen some absoulute dregs of society, that are just total dropkicks. There is some I have seen when you wonder how the poor wife or G/F could ever have been so desperate to suffer being with the wanker....and I cringe to be white monkey myself because some of the not so bright pinoys out there think we're all like that .......thats my 2 bobs worth....

udonthani

My wife tells the seedy ones that she's from Lazi Siquijor..

That seems to work.

other Filipinos believe the really creepy place on Siquijor, is the smaller coastal town of Maria, however the place where all the healers/sorcerers have their annual convention is up the mountain in San Antonio.