• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Davaoeno

• jtmwatchbiz

• tokyoman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My advice is don't get married, don't even think about it - If you can't totally trust your partner then no matter what you do the marriage is doomed to failure - of course that advice is good for any

Love how some people form themselves into little school groups, pointing and talking about all the others. It's like a group of neighbourhood women talking behind the back of the newly moved in woman

well sure divorce sucks but getting shot well that tends to suck a little more..

throttleplate

watch the movie with brad pitt,in Killing Them Softly,great hitman flick

Time to worry is when you see the wife/GF on the back of the motorbike :unsure:

Coming toward you, with a gun in her hand.

mabutiman

you cannot escape the fact that foreigners are murdered here alarmingly regularly - and almost always by the same method, shooting. You can almost set your watch by them. They happen every two or three weeks, like clockwork. Esepcially when you consider how few foreigners there actually are in the Philippines, the murder rate is high.

Absolutely correct and this has been going on for the last 15 years ....every 3 weeks or so ....another murder or robbery at the least ...with very few solved ....yes compared to other Asian nations the Phils has nothing in numbers of foreigners living or visiting ....now I wonder why ????????

udonthani

main reasons I think the murder rate is so high are :

1. high level of gun ownership. and the owners aren't that bothered about what they do with them.

2. low level of rule of law and poor law enforcement.. how many of us know who to call if they see somebody scrambling over the fence with a weapon. And even if we did, would we have any confidence that anybody would actually come?

3. demography. when the median age of anywhere is as low as 22 like it is in the Philippines it follows that crime is going to be higher than it would be if it was 35 or 40.

4. the type of foreigner the Philippines attracts. desperado alcoholics and sexpats goingh through their second adolescence (many of whom are in unfeasably large age-gap relationships with a huge imbalance in wealth between the spouses) and control freak loudmouths with highly questionable lifestyles are common, as are the number who get into dodgy business dealings. As I found myself agreeing with a forum member I met for the first time recently only last week, a lot if not most westerners in the Philippines, shouldn't even be here in the first place. It doesn't suit them.

• Like 3
Skywalker
yes compared to other Asian nations the Phils has nothing in numbers of foreigners living or visiting ....now I wonder why ????????

Trust me, there are a lot more foreigners having 'accidents' in Thailand than there are here. Usually involving 'falling' out of high storey condo buildings in Pattaya.

Edited by Skywalker
  • Like 2
mabutiman

Trust me, there are a lot more foreigners having 'accidents' in Thailand than there are here. Usually involving 'falling' out of high storey condo buildings in Pattaya.

maybe so called falls yes .....but not more having a bullet placed in the head !!! ..... and for every foreigner in Phils ....there are at least 10 more in Thailand ...

• Like 1
udonthani

Trust me, there are a lot more foreigners having 'accidents' in Thailand than there are here.

nobody is denying that but there are at least five times more foreigners in Thailand than here. As a proportion of the total, the murder or 'accident' rate in the Philippines seems to me far higher than in Thailand. There's a murder every two or three weeks, most of them are Korean and Japanese however and don't always get automatically reported on this forum like they would be if they were westerners.

Pattaya itself I agree does have a high murder rate but that is because of the amount of crime, including organized crime, that goes on there and the dodgy foreigners, that do dodgy things, that go there, just like many of the murders reported here are in Angeles.

• Like 3
Contango

no divorce is a major factor in two men on a bike

Its the divorce you have when there is no divorce.

• Like 1
shadow

Its the divorce you have when there is no divorce.

And the law you have when there is no law!

• Admin (Retired)
broden

my wife would benefit a great deal from killing me

she wouldn't have to put up with me any more

• Like 1
Davaoeno

my wife would benefit a great deal from killing me

she wouldn't have to put up with me any more

yes but it would be win-win because neither would we either !! :yahoo:

• Like 2
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

for most people its harder to find a hit man in the US than it is in the Phil - and dont expect any $200 deals in the US

If it were that easy in the states divorce attorneys would be cheap as Mcdonalds drive throughs, and I'd be living high on the hog with.... hmmm much more than I have now..

• Admin (Retired)
broden

yes but it would be win-win because neither would we either !! :yahoo:

totally yet i still live... creepy

jtmwatchbiz
I guess, if you cannot completely trust your wife, it is best to make sure you are worth a lot more alive, than you are dead.

mine says i'm worthless either way

• Like 3