Congress Sells America Down the River to Avoid the Fiscal Cliff

the.lone.gunman

They have to reduce spending but what do they reduce? Social security for the elderly? Medicare? Unemployment benefits? Farm subsidies? Education? Food stamps for the poor? Or just cut everything by 10% across the board ? Or just keep borrowing more and more money and piling on debt for future generations ? A lot of people are gonna get hurt.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Earnest N. Dever

• Justin Kredible

• smokey

• tom_shor

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we need to solve the problem of .. when ever the government takes in more money they want to spend even more money   like many problems it needs to be attacked on two fronts..   like most problems

A lot of people are gonna get hurt when the USD gets put in the toilet and is no longer the reserve currency of the world. Any other country in the world cannot spend borrowed money the way the USA d

i worked in a place once where we got a new manager and the first thing he did was move everything from one side of the warehouse to the other .. just reversing where everything was   then about 8

Posted Images

Justin Kredible

Cutting the 525,000,000,000 dollar defense budget would help.

Our navy is bigger than the next 13 biggest navies combined and yet we keep churning out 11 new ships a year. WTF?

Huge conventional forces are unnecessary in todays world.

• Like 1
smokey

They have to reduce spending but what do they reduce? Social security for the elderly? Medicare? Unemployment benefits? Farm subsidies? Education? Food stamps for the poor? Or just cut everything by 10% across the board ? Or just keep borrowing more and more money and piling on debt for future generations ? A lot of people are gonna get hurt.

how about cut nothing but tell all the major companies making billions that have outsourced their shit to pay up or sell in the country they produced the item in... tax NIKE and their 200 dollor shoes none made in the usa , or the banks using call centers in other countries.. , so the price of a TV will go up a car .. so what the problem with all that crap about free trade is its most often a one way street.. and lets not forget the billions the usa spends to build new schools ,, hospitals... roads... etc just none of them are in the usa ..

Edited by smokey
  • Like 2
the.lone.gunman

how about cut nothing but tell all the major companies making billions that have outsourced their shit to pay up or sell in the country they produced the item in... tax NIKE and their 200 dollor shoes none made in the usa , or the banks using call centers in other countries.. , so the price of a TV will go up a car .. so what the problem with all that crap about free trade is its most often a one way street.. and lets not forget the billions the usa spends to build new schools ,, hospitals... roads... etc just none of them are in the usa ..

I'd love to see that. Free trade was great for corporate profits but a disaster for the working people.
  • Like 1
Skywalker

Here's the equation (again).

Rich people (the minority) want to keep more of their money.

Poor people (the vast majority) want more benefits, more handouts, more something-for-nothing. Buy my vote.

Someone has to pay.

smokey

Here's the equation (again).

Rich people (the minority) want to keep more of their money.

Poor people (the vast majority) want more benefits, more handouts, more something-for-nothing. Buy my vote.

Someone has to pay.

yes but we solved that problem we came to a place where there is no welfare,, a very small SS program , no food stamps,, no free medical so we should have no poor so everyone wants the entitlement to vanish so then the countries without any SS or entitlement should be booming...

• Like 1
Kodiak570

Dollar devaluation has been in effect for a looooooooong while now. I hope everyone is ready....

image014.jpg

Skywalker

yes but we solved that problem we came to a place where there is no welfare,, a very small SS program , no food stamps,, no free medical so we should have no poor so everyone wants the entitlement to vanish so then the countries without any SS or entitlement should be booming...

The problem is that Industry here is badly managed and underdeveloped because foreigners don't trust (with good reason) the corrupt systems in place here. Without foreign investment and expertise in technology and industry it is hard to evolve. That, coupled with an agricultural tradition, is the situation with many Countries in the region.

And, uncontrolled population explosion will eventually exhaust local resources in the longer term.

Edited by Skywalker
  • Like 1
tokyoman

Dollar devaluation has been in effect for a looooooooong while now. I hope everyone is ready....

image014.jpg

There is no way I am selling my gold or silver until I see a gold standard

Skywalker
There is no way I am selling my gold or silver until I see a gold standard

The value of gold and silver are dictated by the markets.

MarinePride

A lot of people are gonna get hurt when the USD gets put in the toilet and is no longer the reserve currency of the world. Any other country in the world cannot spend borrowed money the way the USA does. This perpetual borrowing has got to stop and it will take the financial markets of the world to make it stop. When that happens we will all be in a world of hurt. To put it bluntly, someone has to get fecked over. Who do you think it is going to be? The answer is the American people because they can't do shit about it. They can't lower the nations credit rating or any other real harm.

Take the defense budget, I keep hearing that the USA spends as much as the next 11 countries. How about we start there for starters, how about cutting out foreign aid, how about cutting pork barrel spending, how about a pay reduction for gov't workers. There is SO MUCH shit that could be cut out. The problem is that no one is willing to get the ball rolling because the worst people are running things. Just listen to the people running the Congress, they seem like the most outta touch MoFo's I've ever heard speak. They are all millionaires and they aren't representing me nor do they have anything in common with me. The constitution was crafted almost perfectly, but the founders over looked the concept of people getting elected and staying there for decades. That old dead, jaded, self serving and jaded wood needs to be replaced.

Social security is an entitlement that people are forced to pay into. I'm 43 and I've always resented paying into that ponzi scheme of a system. The gov't took that money and spent it. The joke is on the young people who think they are going to even get some of it back, I don't expect to. It's just more proof that everything they touch turns to a steaming pile. The only solace I can get is that I have relatives who draw on S.S. every month. I might not get any back, but I'm sure they got more than what I've contributed to it.

And now the big talk is guns and how everything needs to be banned. Another bunch of emotional rhetoric that plays on the average non critical thinking Americans' ignorance. I tell you, the more I watch, listen and analyze the controlled news, the more cynical and skeptical I get.

There, I said it and I'm done with this, gotta go climb some stairs and lift some weights, maybe I'll stroke out and I won't have to worry about any of it ever again.

• Like 6
AlooGobi
I tell you, the more I watch, listen and analyze the controlled news, the more cynical and skeptical I get.

If you dont want the lead in, the crux of his point begins at 1.50ish

smokey

The problem is that Industry here is badly managed and underdeveloped because foreigners don't trust (with good reason) the corrupt systems in place here. Without foreign investment and expertise in technology and industry it is hard to evolve. That, coupled with an agricultural tradition, is the situation with many Countries in the region.

And, uncontrolled population explosion will eventually exhaust local resources in the longer term.

you mean there is not a line of smart business people willing to put up 100% of the money so they can own 40% of the company .... i am shocked i would not think the average business owner would of noticed that

• Like 1
Skywalker

Even the so-called 40% ownership is a perception that can easily be interpreted differently. What is very clear to anyone with a brain is; there is no such thing as ethical practices here.

The industrial revolution missed its target. There is no vehicle manufacturing here - simply foreign vehicle assembly. Okay they make jeepneys - but that is not an export. No ship building on any scale. No aircraft manufacturing. Not even railway, though that might just be because of the geography. The biggest single export is people!

All that is left here is the remnants of a Spanish colony, with powerful Spanish families still running the place.

• Like 1
MattFromGA
USA has 15 trillion yearly GDP.......a 10% VAT would cover the budget shortfall of 1.5 trillion..........even with a combined federal and state tax of 18 to 20% it would be in line with other G-7 countries like UK 20%, Germany 19%, France 19%, etc.

Yet none of those countries run with a budget surplus. They too spend more then they bring in. My personal choice would be to spend the money I earn myself rather than someone else spending it for me.

Just think, with all the USA feds spends now, they still claim its not enough to pay for all their dreams.

• Like 2