Financially solid Philippine bank

JohninCebu
Good Samaritan I am looking to open an account so that I can have money transferred from my US accounts to Cebu ..... I can use Xoom or better yet remithome ..... who only charges $10 for amounts up to $1000 if you set up a automatic monthly transfer of an amount it becomes $8 per transfer I was looking at maybe twice a month rather than once per month .... my problem is that by using a Currier to deliver the money (in pesos) he would know how much is being delivered and the possibility of the information being passed on would be much greater than it being transferred to a bank account ..... at least I assume he would know as the money would have to be counted before he left ....

Anyway as i will have a permanent address will it be easier to open a peso account

Mike ,

I had an aussie friend that used to have all his funds sent via courier from down under as he claimed it was cheaper than doing bank transfers . As for things being easier with a permanent address i would say so.. course it also means easier to find you .. :)

Alan

Why not just write a cheque and pay it in?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Good Samaritan

• Lee

• mikejwoodnz

• Mike S

JohninCebu

Identity Fraud - one of the biggest growth products in the UK.

If you give away personal information like birthdays, NI numbers, addresses and family members, it is quite simple to create you in a virtual world. It takes a while to fill in the gaps but all the additional information may well be available in other RP departments for the right price like passport number etc.

While commending Good Samaritan (interesting name) or her enthusiasm, in todays world of money laundering and identity fraud, I cannot believe the service being offered is financially ethical. I'm sure this is far from reality in this case but if someone opens an account for you, by passing the information to a third party, they have the ability to remove your money when it has built up at anytime claiming to be the account holder. Eg by opening another account in a different bank under your name and transfering the money.

My advice is to wait until you are here and easily open an account as I did. In the 3 day meantime use cash you have brought.

Edited by johnrainey
Identity Fraud - one of the biggest growth products in the UK.

If you give away personal information like birthdays, NI numbers, addresses and family members, it is quite simple to create you in a virtual world. It takes a while to fill in the gaps but all the additional information may well be available in other RP departments for the right price like passport number etc.

While commending Good Samaritan (interesting name) or her enthusiasm, in todays world of money laundering and identity fraud, I cannot believe the service being offered is financially ethical. I'm sure this is far from reality in this case but if some opens an account for you, by passing the information to a third party, they have the ability to remove your money when it has built up at anytime claiming to be the account holder. Eg by opening another account in a different bank under your name and transfering the money.

Mt advice is to wait until you are here and easily open an account as I did. I the 3 day meantime use cash you have brought.

Identity fraud is a major problem in the USA as well and that is one reason that I was so concerned.

I sent a pm to Good Samaritan yesterday and invited her to come meet some of us today. I will still go to the bank tomorrow, but I thought it to be a good idea for her to get to know some of us and I have a good feeling about her and that she is actually trying to do her best to get accounts opened for us and for herself (to get her numbers up, they all work on numbers). Hope she shows up and since many of our wives and GF's will be there, she has nothing to worry about if she can spare the time. Besides, she can't be bad since she is from Mindanao (my wife is from Mindanao) and Davao, some of the nicest people I have met are from there and Davao is a nice city.

BTW, love your new avatar, but does that mean that you think you are ugly :);):lol: how could you be when you have a beautiful lady like Mel :)

See you in a couple of hours :P at today's get together at the Sand Trap at 3PM. :D:):)

Good Samaritan

Hi all!!!

I got to read Mr. Lee's invitation for the Sand Trap gathering just this afternoon and it was too late by then. I tried replying to his message but I keep getting an error notice. But I'm looking forward to meeting Mr. Lee in person come Monday though.

Until then! :lol:

Good Samaritan
Hi!I'm getting confused!I already opened one account for one of you guys, but I don't know who is who!!!! :lol:

I truly could not believe that Bank of Commerce is offering such services!!! Discretion of the officer or not, this truly goes beyond the Law of the Banking System...is there a new law? On the side note, is this policy open to all BOC nationwide? No wonder you guys are skeptical about it! :P

...I am the first one to admit that my statement really sounded dubious!A little background, it was because we exchanged correspondences through personal e-mails and I have already opened an account for him under his own name but i forgot to ask what alias he uses for the forum. Poby already e-mailed me that he already had Php3,000 wired to his new account last Friday, telegraphic transfers are expected to arrive in two to three banking days, so most probably, the money would be credited to his acct. by Monday or Tuesday, about the same time that Mr. Lee would be visiting me, I really hope that the outcome of my interactions with Poby and Mr. Lee would put an end to the controversy of my legitimacy.

And Ms. Daisy, of course, there are other procedures that Poby would have to accomplish. We both agreed that the account would be under a "post no debit" restriction, meaning, that no withdrawals or debits allowed from him or from the bank, until such time that he personally appears at the branch to completely fill up the bank forms and signature cards.

I would like to address this to all of you, opening an account with us still requires paperwork, both from our end and the client's. It is still a complicated matter. But I should be the one to worry about the complicated aspect, without failure to exercise due diligence, since that is what I am getting paid for to do.

I respect your opinions. I understand your reasons for the skepticism. I fully comprehend where the doubts are coming from. But please, also allow me to let off some steam, because getting innuendos about your motives and your character online, for the whole world to see, is not a very nice feeling, to say the least. :lol:

Opening an account is still a process. I may have made it sound and seem too simplified to be true considering the format and the context that it is being discussed in this lifestyle-oriented forum. But I did not conjure up an account by chanting incantations and snapping my fingers. And I would never swindle you of your hard-earned money. I have a higher regard for my self---over and beyond the P3,000 initial deposit for an account with us. And I would willingly stake my 25 years of existence on that! :lol:

That is why, I am imploring Mr. Lee to come visit me as soon as he can! :) Please sir, do not prolong my agony a minute longer than necessary! :D

See you then!!!! :D

Hi!I'm getting confused!I already opened one account for one of you guys, but I don't know who is who!!!! :lol:

I truly could not believe that Bank of Commerce is offering such services!!! Discretion of the officer or not, this truly goes beyond the Law of the Banking System...is there a new law? On the side note, is this policy open to all BOC nationwide? No wonder you guys are skeptical about it! :D

...I am the first one to admit that my statement really sounded dubious!A little background, it was because we exchanged correspondences through personal e-mails and I have already opened an account for him under his own name but i forgot to ask what alias he uses for the forum. Poby already e-mailed me that he already had Php3,000 wired to his new account last Friday, telegraphic transfers are expected to arrive in two to three banking days, so most probably, the money would be credited to his acct. by Monday or Tuesday, about the same time that Mr. Lee would be visiting me, I really hope that the outcome of my interactions with Poby and Mr. Lee would put an end to the controversy of my legitimacy.

And Ms. Daisy, of course, there are other procedures that Poby would have to accomplish. We both agreed that the account would be under a "post no debit" restriction, meaning, that no withdrawals or debits allowed from him or from the bank, until such time that he personally appears at the branch to completely fill up the bank forms and signature cards.

I would like to address this to all of you, opening an account with us still requires paperwork, both from our end and the client's. It is still a complicated matter. But I should be the one to worry about the complicated aspect, without failure to exercise due diligence, since that is what I am getting paid for to do.

I respect your opinions. I understand your reasons for the skepticism. I fully comprehend where the doubts are coming from. But please, also allow me to let off some steam, because getting innuendos about your motives and your character online, for the whole world to see, is not a very nice feeling, to say the least. :D

Opening an account is still a process. I may have made it sound and seem too simplified to be true considering the format and the context that it is being discussed in this lifestyle-oriented forum. But I did not conjure up an account by chanting incantations and snapping my fingers. And I would never swindle you of your hard-earned money. I have a higher regard for my self---over and beyond the P3,000 initial deposit for an account with us. And I would willingly stake my 25 years of existence on that! :P

That is why, I am imploring Mr. Lee to come visit me as soon as he can! :) Please sir, do not prolong my agony a minute longer than necessary! :)

GS, thanks for the clarification. It's nice to know that somebody in a position would initiate policy measures to make things a little bit easier in the banking system. As young as you are and doing what you are doing, you will surely go a long way! :lol:

Lee is a super nice person, so your waiting will be worth it. :lol:

I truly could not believe that Bank of Commerce is offering such services!!! Discretion of the officer or not, this truly goes beyond the Law of the Banking System...is there a new law? On the side note, is this policy open to all BOC nationwide? No wonder you guys are skeptical about it! :P

I respect your opinions. I understand your reasons for the skepticism. I fully comprehend where the doubts are coming from. But please, also allow me to let off some steam, because getting innuendos about your motives and your character online, for the whole world to see, is not a very nice feeling, to say the least. :lol:

Opening an account is still a process. I may have made it sound and seem too simplified to be true considering the format and the context that it is being discussed in this lifestyle-oriented forum. But I did not conjure up an account by chanting incantations and snapping my fingers. And I would never swindle you of your hard-earned money. I have a higher regard for my self---over and beyond the P3,000 initial deposit for an account with us. And I would willingly stake my 25 years of existence on that! :lol:

That is why, I am imploring Mr. Lee to come visit me as soon as he can! :) Please sir, do not prolong my agony a minute longer than necessary! :D

Sorry it may seem like some people are attacking you. I will do my best to be there Monday to visit you at you place of work.

Skepticism is normal when talking about money. Do not fret my friend. Just like the procedures in your bank, people here wants some kind of background investigation. :lol:

I'm as skeptical as the next guy but my feeling is that Good Samaritan is honest and I'm not risking a huge amount so thought it was worth a try. Hopefully Mr Lee will confirm everything is good shortly. If so, then Good Samaritan is an absolutely wonderful asset to this forum as the service she provides is incredibly useful. Even if she does get some sort of benefit from helping us, nonetheless anyone who intends to spend much time in PH and wants to open an account will be very glad GS can make it all so easy.

Call me an optimistic skeptic :lol:

twostrokes

GS, I would also like to add that there are many of us who have learned the hard way that all things that appear on a computer screen are not real...There are scam artist all over the world looking for an opening to get to your money.

Until someone meets you and sees you are a real person and you are who you say you are, then you are just an avatar and name on a computer screen....So please don't take anything as an attack on you personally...as remember up to now, you are just messages on this forum...when it comes to money...

I think the same attitude would prevail if someone posted here things like "i'm coming next month, send me $1,500 and I'll pick up a Laptop for you and carry it over..".....Now, would you just shoot yourself down to the bank and wire that kind of money to a complete stranger who said he would bring you a Laptop???

Believe me, all of us are hoping everything you are saying you can do is real. So don't give up on us....I'll be glad to use your help when I need an account set up next year.

jim

Good Samaritan

Hi all!

I/ve been vindicated! I was finally able to meet with Mr. Lee and his wife earlier today...

Hi all!

I/ve been vindicated! I was finally able to meet with Mr. Lee and his wife earlier today...

Yup, fellow forum members, please read my post on this page

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/inde...amp;#entry45520

Edited by Mr. Lee