In Memory Of Expats That Departed This Past Year 2012

I have enjoyed learning about my culture and the unique perspective of others through reading these forums. Although mostly inactive, I check this forum from time to time and felt like I have gotten to know the members through their posts throughout the years, and genuinely saddened of the news of Big Rob and Angie's passing. R.I.P.

Sadly enough, they are not the first members to pass. This forum has been online for a long time, now. I know of others in the past who are now deceased. Unfortunately, we may never know of others, those who weren't necessarily known by other members. The families of those may never notify us, with us thinking they simply disappeared...

Did anyone know Sid Plath ? I heard he passed sometime ago, but have not been able to confirm it.

Did anyone know Sid Plath ?

Cebu resident? Or, did he live elsewhere in the Philippines? I do not recall the name.

Cebu resident? Or, did he live elsewhere in the Philippines? I do not recall the name.

Sid spent most of his time since the late '60's in Cebu. He had a small jewlery manufacturing business in Jones St. close to Colon. I've not seen him for almost 20 years and if still with us, would be almost 80.

ed villas

Harry Doyle - Former member, banned within 2 weeks, help to be reinstated and then permanently banned within a week after his reinstatement

Gary More - not a member but was a regular visitor to the forum

thank you so much for the updates on the laye Harry Doyle, it is nice to know that someone cares for this person

after his passing

• Like 3
CaptainNemo

It's now officially the last day of 2012 here in the RP.

It might be nice to remember the ones that left us this past year.

I will start with the most recent one that I know of..

Gary Richard Sherwell

Quote from For Real, 12/25/2012:

Gary's friends are respectfully advised of Gary's passing yesterday.

Gary is best known for his Santa work with the kids every Christmas, he went out wearing the red suit at a Christmas party in Cordova.

Gary was a 59 year old Australian living in Talamban and operating a call centre in Mandaue.

At approximately 4PM yesterday Gary had major Cardio Vascular event whilst Ho Ho Ho ing (we will never know exactly what). Emergency services were called and Gary was pronounced dead at Mactan Doctors Hospital at 6PM.

His body has been transferred to the city where there is expected to be a wake later this week. His family in Oz have been notified of his passing.

Please add other names so they might be remembered.

Gary didn't die from a heart problem, his drink was poisoned. I know people in mandaue who knew the guy and used to work in his callcenter,, thats how i happened to be told the story behind his death.

They said the motive for this kind of thing is sometimes monetary. Poison the guy and then sell him some overpriced medicines that hell need to save his life. Other times its done out of spite by those swine who feel resentful at anyone attempting to better the world in some small way.

littlePP

Sad thread - and a peaceful forever to those who have gone on.

Life is short - enjoy every second of every day.

• Like 1
Stranded Shipscook

Peter Ristic ~55 (WINE PETER ) died of a massive unexpected heartattack in November. Didn't smoke, drank or had any weight problems at all, also physically very active.

Some will know him from selling Italian Wine and other products among Insurances for Blue Cross, Italian Accident insurance.

Often very Philosophal we had lots of fun in debating the great Philosophers and transfer their wisdoms into the Philippines of today. (With doubtful sucess.)

A very caring Man, fun company, Father and Husband.

Non Omnis moriar

Edited by Stranded Shipscook

He was the real slender guy? Used to live on Mactan, I think, Guenther?