am totally new here

Yeah you are right Paul..........many of us live here in the greatplace and can't speak the local language so the boots on the other foot

Welcome Avatar don't take everything too seriously here and you will enjoy.......ask any questions about Cebu and other places of your interest in the Phil's.......some one is sure to have some answers for you........maybe....... could be......... but we will try

thanks brother

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MrSuave

• jtmwatchbiz

• Faktor

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Regardless as to who he is, we could be a bit nicer, as a whole, to those who post but do not speak English as their native tongue.   A little bit of respect goes a long way.

are you from France

Not really. Though Americans speak with a lot of different accents, we don't generally write with them...cept da Gawga boys what say Ya'll...and write it that way too.

yes the style and subject matter does seem strangely familiar with a certain french chef who bid the forum goodbye yesterday but we could be wrong.

either way...welcome to the forum :)

thanks

yes the style and subject matter does seem strangely familiar with a certain french chef who bid the forum goodbye yesterday but we could be wrong.

either way...welcome to the forum :)

nice photo shes your wife or miss universe thanks for the welcome

smokey

Nope the headline says he's totally new here

Welcome

well in all fairness to some totally new can include a new t shirt

jtmwatchbiz

well you big charmer...keep talking like that and my wife may just invite you to our next BBQ party :)

Justin Kredible

He's only his now because she hasn't met me yet.

Don't worry about the language issues. There's a bunch of us native Englush speakers on the forum that still still struggle with gramur and speling.

Welcome!

• Like 1

Welcome Avatar..I envy anyone living in Cebu...One of the nicer and safer places to live in the Phils. The gang here is mostly good peeps. (people) and once in a while there is a little squabble. Just have a thick skin. Enjoy your new life....ggggrrrrrr The USA is getting a little scary....

Fred

• 3 weeks later...

You know most Americans have difficulty with the English Language - Were, Where, There, Their, Wind, Wind, No, Know and the list goes on.

But unlike our British Common Wealth Brothers (and Sisters) we do not add random "U"'s to words for no reason....

Around Christmas or New Years one of my neighbors walked up to me - he was about 3-Sheets to the Wind and Apologized to me for not being able to speak English very well because he was so drunk. 3 Days later I saw him again he was sober. I asked him he could speak better English when he was drinking - sadly he couldn't - but I told him not to worry about it - Drunk or Sober, his English was still better than my Cebuano

• Like 1

You know most Americans have difficulty with the English Language - Were, Where, There, Their, Wind, Wind, No, Know and the list goes on.

But unlike our British Common Wealth Brothers (and Sisters) we do not add random "U"'s to words for no reason....

Around Christmas or New Years one of my neighbors walked up to me - he was about 3-Sheets to the Wind and Apologized to me for not being able to speak English very well because he was so drunk. 3 Days later I saw him again he was sober. I asked him he could speak better English when he was drinking - sadly he couldn't - but I told him not to worry about it - Drunk or Sober, his English was still better than my Cebuano

I'm trying very hard to learn the language here. It's all the accents on certain syllables that gets me. My wife's cousin has been trying to teach me. It's sad, she will say a word three different ways to mean three different things, and I can't even hear the difference, let alone say it. It sucks getting old. I'm not even old yet, just getting there quickly!

• Like 1

Americans, especially from the midwest, like to add the letter R to words. I'll worsh my hands. Mashed potaters, etc...

• Like 1
Headshot

Americans, especially from the midwest, like to add the letter R to words. I'll worsh my hands. Mashed potaters, etc...

Not really. Though Americans speak with a lot of different accents, we don't generally write with them...cept da Gawga boys what say Ya'll...and write it that way too.

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

american from brooklyn like to add curses

• Like 1