Banking questions

So it's a 200p fee every time I use my ATM. But 10k peso seems like the max withdrawal. Any banks around Cebu with a 15 or 20k limit?

Also, what happened to Equitable Bank? They merge with BDO? They used to give cash advances on credit cards. Anyone still do that?

I don't pay a fee as long as I use my card at my own banks' ATMs. If I use another bank, there's a fee, though I can't remember what it is, since I haven't been that stupid in a while. :-)

I have two cards -- BDO and Citibank. Both have 15k limits and neither charges a fee. Citi allows multiple withdrawals each day, but they have to be separated over time -- I think a max of three per day, but I'm not swearing to that. I did make two withdrawals one day, but that was a few months back.

A_Simple_Man
I'm using an overseas ATM. it's 200p fee every bank I go to.

I found a bank that allowed a larger withdrawal (might have been BDO but I don't remember) and it still did not work. I discovered that it is not the local ATM causing me a problem, it is my limit on my card back home. With a $500 limit I cannot withdraw 20,000 pesos in a day. 15,000 works though. Just something for you to keep in mind.

Got 15k tonight from Ayala Citi Bank.

Anyone know about those credit card advances? Equitable Bank across from SM used to do them up to 200k I think.

Nangulo

The ATM's at HSBC across from the Marriot in Ayala will let you take out 40k in one shot.

• Like 1

The ATM's at HSBC across from the Marriot in Ayala will let you take out 40k in one shot.

Bless them and their money laundering ways!

I'm using an overseas ATM. it's 200p fee every bank I go to.

Yes, every bank charges if you use another bank's card. If you're planning to be here a while, it's definitely in your interest to open an account with a local bank, I think. I chose BDO simply because they seem to have branches everywhere I look, so I'm never far from a no-fee ATM.

Yes, every bank charges if you use another bank's card.

Not true.

Sorry -- I will amend that to 'every bank I have ever dealt with or heard of charges if you use another bank's card.'

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Let's see... My BPI allows 20k a day. But despite its 'international ATM card' doesn't seem to work at ANY bank in Thailand or Cambodia. My BDO is 40k a day. EastWest Bank is the winner at 50k per day at their ATMs. No fees for any when used at their ATM.

Jim Sibbick

So it's a 200p fee every time I use my ATM. But 10k peso seems like the max withdrawal. Any banks around Cebu with a 15 or 20k limit?

Also, what happened to Equitable Bank? They merge with BDO? They used to give cash advances on credit cards. Anyone still do that?

HSBC on C. Rosales Avenue, opposite Ayala Mall and nearly opposite the Marriott has 2 ATM machines inside with 24 hour guard. They dispense up to P40,000 at a time, depending on the daily withdrawal limit, set by your bank.

They do not charge P200 for overseas cards. At least they do not charge me. My card is CBA from Australia. Citibank never used to charge P200 either but I read recently that they have introduced a P200 fee too.