That stuff is hard to get at home. Cebu would be even tougher. I think you are on to something there with the silver meltdown Broden.

If you are in Australia, try International Numismatics in Melbourne (google). You can buy gold bullion coins at spot price which is just about the same price as the AUD price per ounce, with a nice kangaroo stamp, at a discount to the USD given the present currency disparity. They send you the coins in a plastic capsule. Presently the 2 mints are working 24 hours a day. Delay is over 5 weeks. But that's a shorter wait than the US by far.

I've bought and expect delivery this or next week.

Edited by breakfast
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• breakfast

• ckfm

• love

• Effervescent

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Read back what I said back in April this year, $$ stronger, gold weaker.

This will reverse back to the opposite now, expcet gold to get stronger next year and the $$$ weaken dramatically again.

There is one ebay seller in Manila who seems to be good, otherwise there are silver coin dealers in Colon.

smokey
Read back what I said back in April this year, $$ stronger, gold weaker.

This will reverse back to the opposite now, expcet gold to get stronger next year and the $$$ weaken dramatically again.

There is one ebay seller in Manila who seems to be good, otherwise there are silver coin dealers in Colon.

If the peso gets stronger next year its ONLY because its voting time again.... i read a Pinoy advisor tell the world in Oct of 2007

Quote... the peso is unstoppable and will hit 36 to the dollar by year end and i strongly advise everyone to put every thing they can into the stock market which will also be at all time highs.. and the PI will not be affected in any way to outside forces... so lets see ... sell dollars and buy peso and use the peso to buy stock... sure glad i dont have any stock

If the peso gets stronger next year its ONLY because its voting time again.... i read a Pinoy advisor tell the world in Oct of 2007

Quote... the peso is unstoppable and will hit 36 to the dollar by year end and i strongly advise everyone to put every thing they can into the stock market which will also be at all time highs.. and the PI will not be affected in any way to outside forces... so lets see ... sell dollars and buy peso and use the peso to buy stock... sure glad i dont have any stock

It is very hard to predict what the $$$ will do against the peso but I expect the $$$ to be at or around multi year level highs against the Euro and other currencies (like the AUD for example which has a lot of potential if a Gold rally/ $$ drop occurs).

The recent $$$ rally didn't make any sense anyway, only maybe in the context of $$ demand by US government and large position leveraged bets for currency interest rate differencies.

Long Gold and AUD won't be a bad bet for the next year.

I am also cashing in my $$ (not much anyway) for pesos, the rally seems to be stalling here and the longer it will stall, the more people will "hope" and even more will cash in (remember that).

What I find hard to grapple with is the influence of the price of production of gold on the price per ounce.

I haven't heard anyone talk about this issue for Australian producers. The basic conundrum is that as the USD goes down, oil and gold go up.

But in Australia, that drives the price of production up.

• 3 weeks later...

For the gold bugs who haven't read articles by this guy, this is one to get you starry eyed with yellow twinkles and a nightsweat of fear :kidding:

http://www.24hgold.com/news-gold-silver-Th...Antal_E__Fekete

In contrast, jawboning scarecrows hint that the IMF may dump up to 400 tonnes of gold on the market (this would protect the USD). Perhaps they should allow some, to allow "orderly" transition :o

What are you trying to say?

Don't believe the media is all I can say.

I could post more but this is not really for the Internet and my own interest.

Edited by scianna54
What are you trying to say?

Don't believe the media is all I can say.

I could post more but this is not really for the Internet and my own interest.

I lost all faith in the media a long time ago. But it's still fun :o

I lost all faith in the media a long time ago. But it's still fun :o

Just buy gold and silver as much as you can afford.

I'll add a small observation here. Its on the gold ETF.

In Australia, this is GOLD on the ASX.

I checked where the gold is on their website. Here 'tis:

Overview

Name: Gold Bullion Security

Listings:

gold or silver= physical gold or silver

"GBS: A secured undated zero coupon note"

:o

joke lang

Edited by scianna54
gold or silver= physical gold or silver

"GBS: A secured undated zero coupon note"

:o

joke lang

Aye aye captain scianna51

Where's me pieces of eight ARRRRR! :kidding:

Aye aye captain scianna51

Where's me pieces of eight ARRRRR! :o

And also the GOLD ETF allows physical delivery IF you pay a flat rate of $1000 AUD penalty. I'm tempted, but its still stuck in the US and I'd have to get it here.

And I might add, I bought some physical metal prior to the shutdown of the Perth Mint. They said, in the media :kidding: , that all existing orders would be delivered by January.

I rang today, with a cunning stunt reply of "we are predicting" orders will be delivered in January. :D