they need gold to make radios, the more gold in the radio, the better reception... so when the earth changes magnetic poles, there's going to be a need to increase the gold in radios, so the value will go to $100,000 an ounce. just kidding.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• breakfast

• ckfm

• love

• Effervescent

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone know if or where i can sell my gold for the spot price of $990 an ounce?

I am interested and will pay closer to spot price than you'll ever get in Cebu. I reside in Cebu at the moment.

Anyone know if or where i can sell my gold for the spot price of $990 an ounce?

I am interested and will pay closer to spot price than you'll ever get in Cebu. I reside in Cebu at the moment.

As almost all the bad news are out about the US $$ and economy, expect it to strengthen throughout this year and gold to weaken.

The coming years is another story. Remember also that we have an election year. The $$ will be stronger.

:P

• 1 month later...

Gold may soon rise in price. Gold tends to follow oil and oil is rising. Also US interest rates are being held artificially low, this is unlikely to continue for too long. At some time in the future the Fed will be forced to raise them, perhaps quite abruptly. Quickly rising interest rates will quickly push gold prices up.

Edited by love
they need gold to make radios, the more gold in the radio, the better reception... so when the earth changes magnetic poles, there's going to be a need to increase the gold in radios, so the value will go to $100,000 an ounce.

You got it wrong. It's the silver in the radio. See with oil prices going sky high, the transformer oil used in your radio is becoming even pricier. The best replacement for transformer oil is silver windings on the transformer. The silver dissipates heat even better than transformer oil.

This is opening up a huge upside over the next few years for silver. It's clear that if oil stays above $130 a barrel, then silver will spike to $1500 an ounce because of it's superior replacement value over high quality transformer oil.

Now is the time to buy silver........

Edited by Penguin
Lee

I have always found that when gold goes up, so does silver, so buy both and hedge your bets.

I only wish that silver would go to $1500.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i have a couple banks filled with old silver coins and more in a lockbox .. the minute it hits 1500 ,it's safe to say, is the minute i cash out

Thats what I love about the dollar. When the Dollar inflates and its value drops, the value of precious metals increases. I remember my uncle telling me about when he was a kid and pennies were solid copper. He would save his pennies and when inflation occurred that cause the cost of copper to increase past a certain point, he melted down his savings and scrapped them. If I am not mistaken, that was the biggest reason that the pennies are now mixed with nickel.

Now the only thing gold I have is my wedding ring, now silver I have a lot of because I like it better. According to Catholic tradition, the husband gives the wife 13 coins during the marriage ceremony. During my wedding, my wife who was only expecting the usual 13 peso coins, got a big surprise when I handed her 13 ounces of pure silver (technically 99.99%) Each coin comes from a different country in the world as well as from a different time. The oldest of which is over 150 years old.

These are kept in a safe place now of course, and right next to them is another 10 ounces of jewelry, one of the pieces was recovered from a galleon off key West when I was 12 years old and is not only the prize in my silver collection, but it is also the piece that made me fall in love with silver over gold.

If it were up to me, the wedding rings would have been silver as well. I tried to find white gold, but could not find anything that looks good here.

Now platinum.. that is a whole nother story... I wonder what it is peaking out at with the dollar seemingly leveling out and headed back to where it was last year this time.

Nick

• 3 weeks later...
Thats what I love about the dollar. When the Dollar inflates and its value drops, the value of precious metals increases. I remember my uncle telling me about when he was a kid and pennies were solid copper. He would save his pennies and when inflation occurred that cause the cost of copper to increase past a certain point, he melted down his savings and scrapped them. If I am not mistaken, that was the biggest reason that the pennies are now mixed with nickel.

Now the only thing gold I have is my wedding ring, now silver I have a lot of because I like it better. According to Catholic tradition, the husband gives the wife 13 coins during the marriage ceremony. During my wedding, my wife who was only expecting the usual 13 peso coins, got a big surprise when I handed her 13 ounces of pure silver (technically 99.99%) Each coin comes from a different country in the world as well as from a different time. The oldest of which is over 150 years old.

These are kept in a safe place now of course, and right next to them is another 10 ounces of jewelry, one of the pieces was recovered from a galleon off key West when I was 12 years old and is not only the prize in my silver collection, but it is also the piece that made me fall in love with silver over gold.

If it were up to me, the wedding rings would have been silver as well. I tried to find white gold, but could not find anything that looks good here.

Now platinum.. that is a whole nother story... I wonder what it is peaking out at with the dollar seemingly leveling out and headed back to where it was last year this time.

Nick

Is there somewhere in Cebu that you can buy 99.99% silver coins?

Not that I can think of, the purest I have seen here recently is .925 and that was in Jewelry (Sterling Silver = .925). Pawn shops in Cebu won't even take Silver.... LOL... my wife wanted to pawn her gold necklace a while back bu we did not need that much cash, so I took my Spanish Galleon necklace down....

"Sir, we cannot accept this because it is only gold plated" referring to the plating along the edge of the silver pendant...

I looked at the lady and tried to give the most retarded face that I could, and said, "I told when I handed it to you that it was all silver"

"I'm sorry sir, we do not accept Silver because it has no value"

I laughed my rear end off all the way to Mc Donalds because I know better :wacko:

-Nick

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Not that I can think of, the purest I have seen here recently is .925 and that was in Jewelry (Sterling Silver = .925). Pawn shops in Cebu won't even take Silver.... LOL... my wife wanted to pawn her gold necklace a while back bu we did not need that much cash, so I took my Spanish Galleon necklace down....

"Sir, we cannot accept this because it is only gold plated" referring to the plating along the edge of the silver pendant...

I looked at the lady and tried to give the most retarded face that I could, and said, "I told when I handed it to you that it was all silver"

"I'm sorry sir, we do not accept Silver because it has no value"

I laughed my rear end off all the way to Mc Donalds because I know better :wacko:

-Nick

go through their garbage and dig out all the worthless silver they've thrown out

• 1 month later...

Gold and silver appear to be on their way back up again.

http://goldinfo.net/gold1.html

Live Gold Prices Live Silver Prices Gold $968.80 Solver $19.06

JohninCebu

Seems that gold is back on another legup and should touch $1000 again as the $ is effected by the Fanny and Freddie bailout. Interesting times.

I'm now 15% in gold stocks and wish I could buy it here. The only hedge against inflation I know.

Edited by johnrainey

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/107195/Gold-ju...s-on-oil-plunge

Gold jumps near $1,000, then falls on oil plunge

07/16/2008 | 05:16 AM

Email this | Email the Editor | Print | Digg this | Add to del.icio.us

NEW YORK - Gold made another run at the $1,000 mark Tuesday before a steep drop in oil prices put the brakes on the metal's rally, dragging down other commodities in a big sell-off.

Crude prices fell more than $10 a barrel from their highest point in the day, beaten down as investors sold off stocks in response to growing worries about the health of the US economy. Oil's drop weighed on most major commodities, with corn, soybeans, silver, copper and other energy futures all trading sharply lower.

Gold began the day higher for a fifth session as mounting concerns over the US credit crisis and the beleagured financial sector pushed the dollar to a new low against the euro. A weak dollar encourages investors to buy hard assets like gold, considered a safe-haven investment during times of high inflation and economic uncertainty. A falling greenback also makes commodities cheaper for overseas investors.

Gold for August delivery roared as high as $989.60 an ounce on the New York Mercantile Exchange, the highest trading level since the metal first topped the $1,000 threshold in March. But the contract later plunged into negative territory as worries about the US economy sent oil skidding. The contract later settled $5 higher at $978.70 an ounce.

• 3 months later...

Are there any pawn shops or coin shops in Cebu where one can buy and sell gold bullion coins such as American Gold Eagles, Canadian Maple Leafs, Krugerrands, Swiss Francs, British Sovereigns, etc. as well as silver bullion in rounds and bars?