uk pound v peso

sheffieldmel

I always bring cash into the Country from the UK. Also I get £50 notes, because the handling charge can be better negotiated. I use the kiosk at Rustans mostly, and because I generally change about £1000 at a time, I can often get a slightly better rate than the one shown on the board.

I changed money last week and got 65.10 to the £. It fluctuates on a daily basis, without rhyme or reason!

But you will always get a better rate in Country. By the way, do not be tempted by the black market rates - you'll end up with a fist-full of counterfeit notes.

Is there a max amount you are allowed to exchange in a transaction at the Rustans kiosk?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Durham

• Skywalker

• spooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i use my HSBC atm card, no fees and good rate

All the Brits out and about in the same thread. Feels kinda safe amongst my countrymen.

Scots pounds sterling are of equal value, same for Ulster Bank. Uk and GB does have monetary union.   Problem is south of the border is not as well educated on this fact as others are. A bit like not

Posted Images

I dont think so, however always ask for a better rate that is shown, they usually oblige.

• 1 month later...

this is getting crazy pound = 61.6 pesos how much more can we drop is the big question?

this is getting crazy pound = 61.6 pesos how much more can we drop is the big question?

Well according to the BBC analysts since the UK lost there triple rating it is forecast to drop further over time and may equal the Euro...........only time will tell mate. 

Analysts warned that holidaymakers faced the prospect of a summer of misery as the pound comes under renewed pressure.

The pound fell to as low as $1.5073 against the dollar and 1.1345 against the euro in early trading as the loss of Britain’s AAA rating spooked the markets.

But last night it was up to $1.5168 and 1.1610 euros as worries about US debt and the Italian elections took their toll.

Those travelling to Europe this summer will be hit in the pocket as the pound approaches parity with the euro. Where holidaymakers received 645 euros for £500 of spending money last summer, experts predict they will get around 500 euros this year.

David Swann, of currency firm Travelex, said the company was swamped with holidaymakers buying up euros and dollars over the weekend before the pound fell any further. Sales of euros were up more than threefold.

‘Savvy Brits have been buying their holiday money now, fearing things could get worse in the weeks and months to come,’ he said. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2284495/Rollercoaster-pound-hit-holiday-spending-Sterling-falls-16-month-low-Euro-Britain-loses-gold-plated-credit-rating.html#ixzz2Ly8wot3a 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

RogerDuMond

As far as i am aware there is no limit on UK cash that you can bring into the PH, but i would use the 10k Euro or equivelant as a guideline too.

There is no limit on any currency that you can bring into the Philippines except Philippine pesos, but if you are bringing in anything above the equivalent of $10,000 USD, you must declare it.

http://www.mb.com.ph/node/272505/rule#.USwk_FeoCEE