Sign in to follow this  
Monsoon

Blue Cross Philippines - A scam dressed up as insurance.

Monsoon

Well, despite by negative experience with Blue Cross Philippines. I can say that I have had no problems with other insurances. Well the only other claims I've filed have been car related. All of them have been paid as per the policy with absolutely no 'bola bola'. In fact, I had 2 vehicle related claims last year - two separate incidents and two separate cars. In fact in one case, despite the policy requiring a notorized 'affidavit of loss' in lieu of a police report, they accepted my hand written statement without notary involvement. I didn't even need to tell them, "ITs just going to be a waste of time and money, I'm going to write the same thing, print it out and have it notorized." They just 'realized' that and didn't ask me for it. So I don't have a vendetta against Philippine insurance. Based on my experience, only Blue Cross Philippines have defrauded me personally.

enoonmai
Based on my experience, only Blue Cross Philippines have defrauded me personally.

I appreciate you sharing your 1st hand experience because this is an important topic. My own experience with Blue Cross was good and I have heard only positive things until this, that they always honor their responsibilities. But sometimes things change. You cited the cases of 4 other expats who were denied claims; one on a broken bone, another on dengue on the basis of a preexisting condition. Are you sure their policies were up to date or that there isn't more to this then a prior condition? The value of using an agent (if he/she is good) is that they can back you in these situations.

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man

I applied to Blue Cross on line and they did not even get back to me. I cannot justify dealing with them when they won't even contact me to take my money. There are no agents I can find in the province I live (may be some but I don't know of them).

stagger

"Based on my experience, only Blue Cross Philippines have defrauded me personally."

If you want to send me the details of your Policy and Claim by PM I can check up with Blue Cross for you and we may be able to resolve the matter.

​My Company (Omni Insurance Brokers) have been dealing with Blue Cross for many years and we have many clients who have Policies with them, whilst we have had a few problems with them over the years, they have paid all legitimate claims we have sent to them.

If you are not going through a Broker or Agent who should explain the fine print in the Policy it is best to make sure that you understand the pre existing conditions terms when you purchased the Policy.

A copy of these pre existing conditions is included in the Policy documents package.

I have also attached a copy to this post.

Pre-Existing Condition & Diseases Covered.pdf

Davaoeno
If you are not going through a Broker or Agent who should explain the fine print in the Policy it is best to make sure that you understand the pre existing conditions terms when you purchased the Policy.

I have Blue Cross coverage. I went to their local office and bought it . However in Canada I would have always gone thru a broker/agent

Question ? if i decide to renew my BC next month does it cost me anymore if i let you handle the renewal than if i do it myself ? If the price is the same it seems to me that a person would be much better off going thru you because then I would have more negotiating power for any problems.

stagger

I have Blue Cross coverage. I went to their local office and bought it . However in Canada I would have always gone thru a broker/agent

Question ? if i decide to renew my BC next month does it cost me anymore if i let you handle the renewal than if i do it myself ? If the price is the same it seems to me that a person would be much better off going thru you because then I would have more negotiating power for any problems.

No change in the price of the Policy renewal but you would have to fill out a Broker Appointment Form, if interested send me a PM and I will send you the form.

• Like 1

Davaoeno

No change in the price of the Policy renewal but you would have to fill out a Broker Appointment Form, if interested send me a PM and I will send you the form.

PM sent

Monsoon

"Based on my experience, only Blue Cross Philippines have defrauded me personally."

If you want to send me the details of your Policy and Claim by PM I can check up with Blue Cross for you and we may be able to resolve the matter.

​My Company (Omni Insurance Brokers) have been dealing with Blue Cross for many years and we have many clients who have Policies with them, whilst we have had a few problems with them over the years, they have paid all legitimate claims we have sent to them.

A copy of these pre existing conditions is included in the Policy documents package.

I have also attached a copy to this post.

Pre-Existing Condition & Diseases Covered.pdf

Thanks for your offer, but I still call 'bulls*it" to Blue Cross especially on this pre-existing condition stuff. For a health insurance policy say in the states, this is a black and white defined situation - after x months they have to cover you regardless. With BC here its all grey and subjective and up to their own interpretations. For example, why not have an extensive physical done (at ones own expense even) to prove there is no cancer and other major things that can typically be detected??

tomaw

Not only did they never pay my claim but they never, after repeated requests, gave me anything in writing about the denial of the claim. The people i spoke with were absolutely useless. Reminded me of Cebu Pacific customer service.

A friend of mine who is a retired anesthesiologist (Filipino but retitred from practice in the US) likes them. He said that if I had a good agent the agent would fight for me. I bought my policy direct from BC. They sent someone to my house to sign up. I just don't see why it should matter who your agent is?

Also, when I was still at the hospital the BC rep (on site) lied to me. He called me and said "Hi, because you weren't here a full 24 hours it will take us more time to pay your claim, so just pay it now and we will pay everything by reimbursement."

Me, "Are you sure?"

BC Rep: "Yes sir, we will pay your claim."

Well, they never did. And never gave me any written notice of denial. I just got fed up and stopped chasing them. So I never gave them my money when it was time to renew. We are only talking a claim of about 40,000 here. Just about the cost of the policy for a year. And they lost out because I was going to buy a policy for my wife, her mother and sign up 3 other employees for various policies. And its not the 40,000 type of claims that I bought it for, its the big stuff. Well after seeing how they acted with the rather small claim, I can only imagine how they would be when its up in the six figures $USD.

But it made me really question what would they do if it were 40,000,000 and I die? Instead of leaving my wife with a comfortable existence and hope for a future from my assets she would be left with a big bill and an incomeptent insurance policy that wouldn't pay. And also employs representatives that lie to you.

Of course, she knows the procedure (at least I have drilled it into her). If that were to happen tell them to keep my body and go f*ck themselves and transfer any money in the country to our joint offshore account.

But my experience and the other people's experiences Im hearing doesn't give me much faith in them. Im glad some of you have had better luck. But insurance is supposed to be piece of mind and I sure wouldnt have any using Blue Cross Philippines.

It's good that you told me it's a completely different company than U.S. Blue Cross. I'm just wondering if some people are confusing it with U.S. Blue Cross still. The time you get the policy, when the accident or illness occurs and your age seems to have a lot to do with their service.

tomaw

Although I personally believe that ALL insurance Compnaies are hard on the borderline of organized crime ( that's a satirical joke )

I was always told that Blue Cross is a good Insurance. ( By Doctors ! )

Expensive, but without problems.

One has to hear the entire facts before judging based upon individual cases.

Were they talking about Blue Cross Philippines or Blue Cross U.S.A? Apparently they are two different companies that have nothing to do with each other.