Sign in to follow this  
CardiacKid

US Passport Renewal

SkyMan
mpt1947, on 29 May 2014 - 9:34 PM, said:

So let me see if I am more awake now

How do I address the Envelope going to the Embassy?  How about using a Courier?

I created a PDF of my Application how long is that good for before mailing?

Thanks

Since you replied to my post, I wasn't talking about mailing it to the embassy at all but to the passport processing center in Philadelphia.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/renew.html

You'll note it says the persons living overseas SHOULD use the embassy services but it doesn't say you have to.  Fee is $110.

The process must differ greatly where you are. Here I would just go to any decent mall, find the photo place, tell them what I want, pay, be called into the studio, get picture taken, receive claim stub, grab a coffee or lunch and then pick up my photos 20 minutes later.
To each there own.  I prefer my way.

JSL-USMC

Wife and three kids renewed passports last year at the consulate in Cebu. No problems except we had to run out and get the pics. Less than 3 hours and there was a crowd there that day. We also had to have pics of the kids when they were younger, which we knew about, and had with us. Best experience I have had with any U.S. government agency, no hassle no fuss and they took us back to the head of the line when we came back with the pics.

BossHog

So...they won't go to Siargao at all? That seems awfully narrow-minded of them.

Well, I called the Manila folks and they're making the local office catch the ferry over tomorrow.

I compromised a bit and will meet the boat with my documents.

Beats the heck out of going all the way to

Surigao

or Cebu

or Manila.

I mean they got a juicy contract with the embassy and if they got to take the rare loss on a pick-up that's on them.

• Like 1

bounder

So, what is the contact number for Air 21?   I had to add pages in January of this year and true to form, it took only two weeks to get acomplished.  The only drawback was I called the Friday before I went to pick up the passport  to see if they would be open on Tuesday and they said yes.  I showed up Tuesday morning to pick up the passport and there was a sign on the door stating that the Consulate was closed for the day.  Of course I stayed another night....the next morning while picking up the passport I inquired as to why they were closed after they told me they would be open.  Their only (albeit polite) reply was they had urgent consular business to attend to in Mindanao that day (Tuesday) and thus they were forced to close. However, I am very pleased with the Consulate and staff in Cebu and feel blessed that the US maintains one there.

SkyMan

I am very pleased with the Consulate and staff in Cebu and feel blessed that the US maintains one there.
True thank the US but mainly thank the volunteer Consul John Domingo. 

I had to add pages in January of this year and true to form, it took only two weeks to get acomplished.
I think the fee for adding pages is $82, almost as much as renewing.  Should have renewed.

BossHog

So, what is the contact number for Air 21?

(02) 879-4747

Salty Dog

I think the fee for adding pages is $82, almost as much as renewing.  Should have renewed.

When you renew, you can get the extra pages for no additional charge. You just have to ask for them.

• Like 2

Monsoon

When you renew, you can get the extra pages for no additional charge. You just have to ask for them.

That's right. Tick the box now, or pay $82 later. 

MaKe

Will they accept an application which has been filled in by hand?

I renewed mine last June via the Cebu Consulate. 

The consulate was closed as John D was traveling to the US, but he doesn't need to be there

to process a passport renewal. 

I filled out the application by hand and they accepted it. 

I got the passport back in about 3 weeks.

SkyMan

That's right. Tick the box now, or pay $82 later. 

Or renew early for a little more and this time check the box.

Monsoon

Or renew early for a little more and this time check the box.

:banghead:

ILoveCyrus

Guys, if US passport is due to expire Dec 2014..........but I only get a ONE WAY ticket back to USA before expiry date (like say NOV).... will that be a problem?

Again....it is NOT a round trip ticket.   Any thoughts?  Comments?  I tried to research it but came up empty.

only this.....  http://www.immihelp.com/visas/six-months-passport-validity-rule-visitors.html

tonny

also guys should go to Cebu to do the birth abroad  , John a good guy and is a volunteer not a paid employe he is retired hope he never die!!!! LORD HOPE UR LISTENING !!!!

tonny

IF you or a rotary member wear your pin he is also.

Monsoon

Guys, if US passport is due to expire Dec 2014..........but I only get a ONE WAY ticket back to USA before expiry date (like say NOV).... will that be a problem?

Again....it is NOT a round trip ticket. Any thoughts? Comments? I tried to research it but came up empty.

only this..... http://www.immihelp.com/visas/six-months-passport-validity-rule-visitors.html

Any connecting flights? No problem with the US, but potentially those in between. Just renew and save yourself the anguish.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk