Sign in to follow this  
CardiacKid

Social Security Proof of Life Forms

Lee

How many of you Americans who are on regular ss, not disability, and who live in the US full time, for all intents and purposes, have ever gotten one of those notices, my understanding it that it should be none since funeral homes report deaths to ss? Now for those of you who have itin numbers for children or wives that are living in the Philippines, ss knows you live in the Philippines, thus those forms become necessary in their minds, since it might be likely that no one will report your death to ss when the time comes. 

Keeping a US bank account and mailing address and not claiming that you live in the Philippines on your income tax etc, then hopefully you should never see one of those forms.

Headshot

The SSA knows where I live. My US mailing address is an FPO address through RAO in Cebu City. They also have my physical address, but it isn't my mailing address, and they would never mail anything there. However, even my dad, who lives in Utah, has received a proof-of-life form in the past. I don't think that who gets them is based on where you live necessarily.

Lee

The SSA knows where I live. My US mailing address is an FPO address through RAO in Cebu City. They also have my physical address, but it isn't my mailing address, and they would never mail anything there. However, even my dad, who lives in Utah, has received a proof-of-life form in the past. I don't think that who gets them is based on where you live necessarily.

I asked the question because I do not know of anyone, not even one person, who lives in the US who has ever gotten one of those requests and I know of quite a few people of all ages who are on SS. Now my pension requires those darn proof of life forms every year around the time we are in the Philippines, so I photocopied the form many times over and just notarize and mail them one each year before we leave for the Philippines.. 

• Like 1