Sign in to follow this  
udonthani

terrorist attack in Cebu

thebob

They only prey on the very stingy. They'll be back.

• Like 7

KID

The problem is that the balut vender's have stolen all the bells and pots-- so this is the alternative

Edited by KID
  • Like 1

CebuKano

God forbid that you give them 20 pesos for their efforts....

• Like 6

spooks

This is an attack, so daring, so damaging it was banned by the BBC

ENJOY your Xmas "Goodies" style

• Like 4

Headshot

They only prey on the very stingy. They'll be back.

It won't matter. Whippy will have moved on to another town by then. They'll never be able to track him down and corner him.

• Like 3

rfm010

sure. good way to invite the whole neighborhood over for every night till the end of december.

• Like 3

jtmwatchbiz

i tell ya what...providing you live in a gated home like whippy described, go ahead and hand the kiddie carolers some money and see what happens next. i guarantee you won't be getting any peaceful rest and relaxation as the adult carolers (beggars) will be there in droves within the hour and every hour until you finally loose your cool and threaten to let the guard dog loose.

if you really want to give the kids a treat, do like we do and simply give them a few coins or candy treats outside the grocery store and wherever you see them hanging out...but don't do it where you live.

post-4506-0-00133300-1355154821_thumb.jpg

Edited by jtmwatchbiz
  • Like 6

CebuKano

sure. good way to invite the whole neighborhood over for every night till the end of december.

I'm sorry if you don't have a little extra budget during the holidays to spread some Christmas cheer but I will think of you while I'm wasting some of my pesos on my neighbors.

Edited by Motörhead
  • Like 1

CebuKano

i tell ya what...providing you live in a gated home like whippy described, go ahead and hand the kiddie carolers some money and see what happens next. i guarantee you won't be getting any peaceful rest and relaxation as the adult carolers (beggars) will be there in droves within the hour and every hour until you finally loose your cool and threaten to let the guard dog loose.

if you really want to give the kids a treat, do like we do and simply give them a few coins or candy treats outside the grocery store and wherever you see them hanging out...but don't do it where you live.

Haha.. Right... It's never been nor will it ever be a problem with me. If you choose to not help your fellow neighbors during the Holidays then that is your business. I don't mind it at all. You guys need to lighten up a little bit.... It's Christmas :D

• Like 1

Headshot

That's right. Have some Christmas cheer... :broden:

It's good for you.

• Like 1

batman2525

This is one of the reasons I dont come there until January.

Cannonball

It's Christmas Guys and even though we don't see ourselves a rich we have allot more than the average Filipino does... During the course of the Christmas season our family tosses a couple thousand or more P5 coins over the balcony to the folks below... They are never roudy or rude and it's all in fun and freely given... One year when we were on really hard times and couldn't afford it we only tossed a few 1 piso coins... Nobody got angry or rude and the next day several folks stopped by with small gifts of food... I was taken back to put it mildly... The moral of the story here (for me) is there are allot of good Filipinos with hearts just as big as mine here, and I am proud to live among them... I live in a Filipino Subdivision and the few foriegners that move in here don't stay long. Merry Christmas!

• Like 5

Paul

Until December? Christmas, my friend, lasts a heck of a lot longer than December in the Philippines. :D

• Like 4

USMC-Retired

do you think I can claim this back on my travel insurance?

Somehow this is a fitting end to a Whippy story.

• Like 3