Sign in to follow this  
seaman

Pablo is god's wrath for RH bill... new low for CBCP

seaman

Well the nice folks at CBCP (Catholic Bishop's Conference of Philippines) say Pablo is God's wrath for Philippines considering RH (Reproductive Health) bill. That statement is so shocking that I am speechless.

Heard it on the 6 pm Solar News.

seaman

spooks

the CBCP needs excommunicated.

This sort of CBCP statement confirms that religion here is a political weapon over the superstitious under educated people here who are expected to live in fear. Really quite disgusting, yet not surprising, when you consider the way that this lobby group has functioned.

Edited by spooks
  • Like 2

Alan S

If they really believe that, they are living in the dark ages.

• Like 1

bargeman

If they really believe that, they are living in the dark ages.

For sure they are.

• Like 1

Headshot

What was the total death count for Pablo? I believe it was quite a bit lower than the death count for Sedong last year, which was before the controversial (in political and religious circles) RH bill. If God is making statements through storms (which I don't believe), then it seems that God must be pleased by the RH bill, since He obviously spared a lot of lives in this storm by having it miss most population centers.

:sarcasm:

• Like 3

Siuk

He is such an ass, always trying to kill people.

seaman

What was the total death count for Pablo? I believe it was quite a bit lower than the death count for Sedong last year, which was before the controversial (in political and religious circles) RH bill. If God is making statements through storms (which I don't believe), then it seems that God must be pleased by the RH bill, since He obviously spared a lot of lives in this storm by having it miss most population centers.

:sarcasm:

Sarcasm or not your analysis is so right on. Sendong killed 1400 people and Pablo killed less than 500. CBCP's god must be truly pleased that Philippines is finally moving in the right direction with RH bill. Next time I run into CBCP members I will explain this to them.

seaman

Stranded Shipscook

One should not take that too serious. It's a rant. The lawmakers(Politicians) do not base their decisions upon superstitions, but on their general affiliation to the Catholic (or other) Church.

And the electorate does not base their votes upon what the church says, but who pays the most or who is the most popular.

Not always, sometimes the Populace "rebell" against the Church by voting for Protestants, such as Pres. Fidel Ramos.

(The "voting blocks of INC" are an excemption from above. Anyhow, Cath's are still the vast majority.)

A_Simple_Man

It may be a rant but take a good look at the storms path and notice how it missed so many populated areas then purposely (it seems) curled up to Dumaguete and then back down. It makes me wonder how many atheists are living in Dumaguete.

:littleangel:

Stranded Shipscook

It may be a rant but take a good look at the storms path and notice how it missed so many populated areas then purposely (it seems) curled up to Dumaguete and then back down. It makes me wonder how many atheists are living in Dumaguete.

:littleangel:

It's got a huge protestant population. if this is of any help. Siliman university is Protestant.