Getting to Clarke from Cebu

I generally travel Air Asia to Aust from Clark via KL. I fly Cebu pacific or Airphil express from Cebu to Clark.

Last time my Air Asia Clark to KL flight was cancelled and I used a driver @ pp2600 to get to Manila from Clark to catch a Cebu pacific flight to KL. So I now stay a night in Angeles if catching Air Asia to KL to be on the safe side as the KL to Aust flight is by far the most expensive leg of the trip.

The advice I received about taxis from Clark airport from the bloke who was getting passengers into taxis at the airport was that you need to say you're going to Fields and it costs pp300 but if you say you're going to Angeles it costs pp500 because they assume its old Angeles.

I'm eagerly awaiting a direct flight from Cebu to KL to avoid NAIA/Clark all together. Pretty sure I read that a flight will be available soon either through Cebu pacific or Air Asia. Was considering taking the direct Cebu pacific flight to Bangkok and then flying direct to Australa but still to sus it out.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jme

• udonthani

• Bill H

• seaman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And be very careful of the cabs there, they are not metered. The price is what the driver wants it to be. So always fix the price before you start the ride. Manila has both metered and non-metered

Exit clearance for tourist visa holders, have to be done at immigration   Read here:   http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/49106-exit-visa/#entry500348   and here   http://www.livinginceb

I went through Clark to get to Macau a few months back. Had to stay at the Holiday inn 5 mins away. I was raped for 500 both ways plus the guard at the old base gate wanted 500 to go to 7-11 3 mins aw

I'm eagerly awaiting a direct flight from Cebu to KL to avoid NAIA/Clark all together. Pretty sure I read that a flight will be available soon either through Cebu pacific or Air Asia. Was considering taking the direct Cebu pacific flight to Bangkok and then flying direct to Australa but still to sus it out.

Cebu Pacific now flies direct from Cebu to KL. Flight is not everyday... I think 2 or 3 times per week.

seaman

• Like 1

did you get a receipt for the full amount paid or other documentation. Or was the extra payment "off the books" .. a bit of grease.

He went to another room, but I think he did the actual check and yes I got a receipt showing the amount paid. I forget now what the extra fee was called, in my mind, it was just my stupidity so I was ok with it.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how much money I need to have on me to get out of the country? I think there is some fees like around 1000 pesos if I remember right leaving manila so I guess it is similar through Clark?

Does anyone know how much money I need to have on me to get out of the country? I think there is some fees like around 1000 pesos if I remember right leaving manila so I guess it is similar through Clark?

Why dont you go read this post again post #35

http://www.livinginc..._30#entry588677

take both links in that post

OK thanks woolf, I see all the info was in the 2nd link.

I read the part about staying more than 6 months:

Bring 3 ID-photoes 2 x 2 inches, they will take your finger prints....

surprised at that, "finger prints" and photos...wtf ?

It was just a lucky coincidence that I bought my ticket to fly out a couple of days before my 6 months is up :)

The advice I received about taxis from Clark airport from the bloke who was getting passengers into taxis at the airport was that you need to say you're going to Fields and it costs pp300 but if you say you're going to Angeles it costs pp500 because they assume its old Angeles.

Actually what we all call "Angeles" is actually Balibago (maybe a bit in Clark too) and is quite a way from Angeles.

AFAIK there is no "Old Angeles"

It's a bit like "Woodstock" being held in Bethel, 40 miles from Woodstock.

KonGC

Cebu Pacific now flies direct from Cebu to KL. Flight is not everyday... I think 2 or 3 times per week.

seaman

Thanks for the info. Booked a CP promo flight leaving Cebu 16:30 arr KL 20:10 in Feb 2013 for just A$72 (20kg bag, meal & leg room seat). So no longer need to deal with NAIA/DMIA. Air Asia staff at DMIA collected the exit tax instead of the usual airport staff in mid December this year when I got my boarding pass.

Actually what we all call "Angeles" is actually Balibago (maybe a bit in Clark too) and is quite a way from Angeles.

AFAIK there is no "Old Angeles"

It's a bit like "Woodstock" being held in Bethel, 40 miles from Woodstock.

KonGC

Thanks. Yes, that's what I realised when I went through there on my way home.

I went to the APO market on Friday before I left to look for locally made souvenirs, and some locals seemed to refer to places on that side of the river as old angeles for some reason.

If you want to avoid Manila/Clark another good option is Tiger from Cebu to Singa's....... from there you can flyscoot to Oz, cheap as chips.

• Like 1
SkyMan
You'd also not be able to go anywhere past Consolacion in the north of Cebu,
There are usually taxis in Liloan. If going to Liloan from the city they probably won't use the meter and set a price because they may not get a fare back. If going in to the city, they know they're lucky to have a fare so if they balk, tell them you'll take a jeep and they'll likely give you the meter.
udonthani

oh come on. If you stand outside the Liloan Jollibee expecting a taxi to come past to take you into town, the odds are you'll be waiting a long time. In Consolacion, your odds improve markedly, however you may still have to wait a while. There they definitely will use the meter though, the meter fare being about 170-180 to Fuente.

ironmaiden666

If you guys hate those expensive taxis so much, why don't you take the aircon jeepneys then for 50 peso's? You can get out at Fields or the busstation, or anywhere on Mcarthur Highway and continue by ordinary jeep or trike...

Headshot

oh come on. If you stand outside the Liloan Jollibee expecting a taxi to come past to take you into town, the odds are you'll be waiting a long time. In Consolacion, your odds improve markedly, however you may still have to wait a while. There they definitely will use the meter though, the meter fare being about 170-180 to Fuente.

Now that the SM Consolacion Mall is up and running, that has all changedIt spread out the coverage area for taxis to the north.