Getting to Clarke from Cebu

Terminal fee for international flights out of Clark ariport is P600.

seaman

But if you've been here more than 6 months you need an exit clearance and that will set you back 1,500 or so.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jme

• udonthani

• Bill H

• seaman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And be very careful of the cabs there, they are not metered. The price is what the driver wants it to be. So always fix the price before you start the ride. Manila has both metered and non-metered

Exit clearance for tourist visa holders, have to be done at immigration   Read here:   http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/49106-exit-visa/#entry500348   and here   http://www.livinginceb

I went through Clark to get to Macau a few months back. Had to stay at the Holiday inn 5 mins away. I was raped for 500 both ways plus the guard at the old base gate wanted 500 to go to 7-11 3 mins aw

But if you've been here more than 6 months you need an exit clearance and that will set you back 1,500 or so.

But isn't Exit Clearance something you pay immigration? Also don't you have to arrange this before arriving at airport (ie cannot be done at airport immigration)? Always having left Philippines before 6 months are up I am not sure of procedure.

seaman

udonthani

Well if I ever have to go in a Taxi in clark I think the best line of defense might be to be aggressive before I even get in the cab. > find taxi, Say to the driver (before you get in) something like, "LOOK HERE MOTHAFUKR, YOU BETTER MAKE SURE YR DAMN METER IS feckN WORKING CORRECTLY ASSHLE OR U WON"T GET CENTERIO OUT OF ME U PIECE OF SHIT".

If they say "yes sir, my meter is working fine sir" etc etc in a begging type of tone then you will be fine. If on the other hand they drive off then you know you just saved some cash and a few problems...

the trouble with that is that the taxis don't have meters in Angeles. They don't have meters in a number of places in the Philippines and Angeles is one of those places. Dumaguete is another, the few taxis there are don't have meters. In Malaysia, there are for example no meter taxis in the cities of Borneo or in east Malaysia, whereas taxis in peninsula Malaysia DO have meters. This doesn't really matter if you know the fares and have the ability to calculate what is a fair price to offer for a particular ride, and in the particular circumstances.

Headshot

But isn't Exit Clearance something you pay immigration? Also don't you have to arrange this before arriving at airport (ie cannot be done at airport immigration)? Always having left Philippines before 6 months are up I am not sure of procedure.

seaman

They did it that way for a little while, but now you do it at the airport.

Exit clearance for tourist visa holders, have to be done at immigration

Read here:

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/49106-exit-visa/#entry500348

and here

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/49106-exit-visa/#entry500345

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 2
the trouble with that is that the taxis don't have meters in Angeles. They don't have meters in a number of places in the Philippines and Angeles is one of those places. Dumaguete is another,

Really, even more reason to avoid the place....

Exit clearance for tourist visa holders, have to be done at immigration Read here:

w

wow, never knew I would need that, could have been in trouble if I had stayed 3-4 more days as it would be 6 months, lucky when I fly out it is just under..... i wonder what would have happened if I turned up at the airport and I had needed one? MONEY I guess!!

udonthani

Really, even more reason to avoid the place....

that would be a spectacularly silly reason to avoid somewhere. You'd have to avoid Dumaguete, Tacloban and the majority of provincial Filipino cities as well. You'd also not be able to go anywhere past Consolacion in the north of Cebu, or I think Magnillia in the south, as if you do come across a taxi there, though they will in all likelihood have a meter in the car, the driver will not use it, and neither are they compelled to use it. If you were to stand there insisting that they use the meter, then you'd bean absolute plonker frankly - as you are no longer in the city limits where drivers have to use it.

in these situations and in these places, you will have to get by in life, without using a meter taxi, which means you will required to negotiate a fare with a driver. If you don't want to do this, then you can take a jeepney, or you can walk.

Provincial cities like Cebu, Bacolod, and Cagayan de Oro DO have meter taxis but these are very much the exception, and most don't.

A_Simple_Man
you will have to get by in life, without using a meter taxi,

When I was a taxi driver in small town Canada (admittedly it was 30 years ago) we did not have meters and there was no 'negotiation'. All the locals new that it was one price anywhere within a certain area and set rates to areas outside the core area. I strongly suspect they have a similar set up here. You just have to learn the prices. Those who do not know are leaving themselves open to being gouged.

• Like 1
lazydays
i wonder what would have happened if I turned up at the airport and I had needed one? MONEY I guess!!

"Wait a while Sir, you no board plane Sir !

Angeles/Clark = Cess Pit.

Edited by lazydays
  • Like 1

really, so has anyone been in this situation here? I would like to know the experience you would go through!

Davaoeno

really, so has anyone been in this situation here? I would like to know the experience you would go through!

well when i didnt go to immigration in advance and hit their desk at the airport with a visa that had expired the day before they were very accommodating and handled it on the spot ! [ well actually they took me into a back office and relieved me of 3000 pesos ]

udonthani

Angeles/Clark = Cess Pit.

Balibago, and especially Fields Ave, is a cesspit, but Angeles city is not Balibago which is only one of its barangays however it is the only one 90% of arrivals, including in all probability you, ever see. Take Balibago out of it, and Angeles city as a whole is one of the richest in the country with some of the best infrastructure, one of the best educated workforces, and is not a dump or cesspit at all, compared to most cities in the Philippines.

• Like 2

I didn't realize I needed an exit clearance and showed up at the airport on my flight out without one. The immigration officer pointed out this little problem and charged me double to generate the needed clearance on the spot. So, all is not lost if you don't have one, so long as you are willing to pay!

• Like 2
A_Simple_Man
The immigration officer pointed out this little problem and charged me double to generate the needed clearance on the spot

Did they run your name and passport number through the computer or just give you a free pass?

I didn't realize I needed an exit clearance and showed up at the airport on my flight out without one. The immigration officer pointed out this little problem and charged me double to generate the needed clearance on the spot. So, all is not lost if you don't have one, so long as you are willing to pay!

did you get a receipt for the full amount paid or other documentation. Or was the extra payment "off the books" .. a bit of grease.