Getting to Clarke from Cebu

eggnoggin

its hard to believe you guys are paying thousands too much for everything from apts to cars..food..and cant find a way around a few thugs..to train a dog ..youve got to be smarter than the dog... :wheel:

• Like 1
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jme

• udonthani

• Bill H

• seaman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And be very careful of the cabs there, they are not metered. The price is what the driver wants it to be. So always fix the price before you start the ride. Manila has both metered and non-metered

Exit clearance for tourist visa holders, have to be done at immigration   Read here:   http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/49106-exit-visa/#entry500348   and here   http://www.livinginceb

I went through Clark to get to Macau a few months back. Had to stay at the Holiday inn 5 mins away. I was raped for 500 both ways plus the guard at the old base gate wanted 500 to go to 7-11 3 mins aw

its hard to believe you guys are paying thousands too much for everything from apts to cars..food..and cant find a way around a few thugs..to train a dog ..youve got to be smarter than the dog... :wheel:

I would think most of guys here knows what to do and how to get the cheaper deals. Anyway, you please enlighten us fool souls how you get around.....

I have a flight I want to get from Clarke to Sydney in the future so I have to get to Clarke from Cebu. The flight from Clarke to Sydney leaves around 5pm. I see Cebu pacific have flights to Clarke but they get there too late in the day..

Pal have tickets that work out perfectly but each time I select it online I get an error so I emailed them but I won't hold my breath that I get good news on that or even a reply.

So the other alternative is to fly to Manila that morning and get to Clarke by a bus or something. Would this be worth it, how long would a bus take and how much of a hassle is it? I have never been to Clarke either!

heres da solution

leave day before.

stay at tune hotel cost baout 15 us bucks

go eat a nice dinner (chinese resto on mcarthusr whips anything in cebu)

have a sleep on on a good mattress foolowed by a nce hot shower

goto faces on macartut for facial and/or massage

take plane to oz

it's not worth risking your life over a few hundred pesos although I know how mad these drivers can make you. As you say just avoid these places. I wonder if there is drivers with wired meters in Cebu? I do remember one once that seemed to be banking the fare pretty damn fast. Is there a way to tell they have been tampered with?

The ones I've experienced have a setting that does not show the normal display. The numbers are very unusual and the fare is not displayed until the end of the ride.

The ones I've experienced have a setting that does not show the normal display. The numbers are very unusual and the fare is not displayed until the end of the ride.

Well if I ever have to go in a Taxi in clark I think the best line of defense might be to be aggressive before I even get in the cab. > find taxi, Say to the driver (before you get in) something like, "LOOK HERE MOTHAFUKR, YOU BETTER MAKE SURE YR DAMN METER IS feckN WORKING CORRECTLY ASSHLE OR U WON"T GET CENTERIO OUT OF ME U PIECE OF SHIT".

If they say "yes sir, my meter is working fine sir" etc etc in a begging type of tone then you will be fine. If on the other hand they drive off then you know you just saved some cash and a few problems...

read above post ;)

A_Simple_Man
I went through Clark to get to Macau a few months back.

First: How expensive was Macau compared to Hong Kong. Did you like it? Do you need an advance visa.

Second: If the taxi ride is only 5 minutes could I walk it in a half hour or less? I like exercise and exercise that saves me 500 pesos is a double blessing.

mactanfamily

"LOOK HERE MOTHAFUKR, YOU BETTER MAKE SURE YR DAMN METER IS feckN WORKING CORRECTLY ASSHLE OR U WON"T GET CENTERIO OUT OF ME U PIECE OF SHIT"

Good luck with that. I saw no metered taxis at the tiny airport. its not like you can go upstairs and get a meter from an arriving passenger like in Manila.

The whole place had a ripoff feel to it. I'll take Manila any day. And yes I hid while my wife went and spoke Tagalog.

Look i get the high price from the airport thing. I'll even pay the extra for the yellow taxis from Mactan when my wife cant get me. But 500 for a 5 mins ride? NYC is cheaper. The price is even posted on the board! Plus the higher terminal fee? Too many sex tourists is my guess. They can have it.

Its classic, just like a failed filipino restaurant. They have no business so they RAISE prices.

Edited by mactanfamily
mactanfamily

Macau was similar prices to HK. They have different money at a different rate, but most places take the HK dollar evenly. Its just another way to rip tourists off penny by penny.

I stayed at the venetian in the newly reclaimed Cotai Strip. (Venetian is gigantic, 15 mins walk lobby to room) but we found a nearby village and found a market and local restaurants. It was neat.

Lots things to do F1 and wine museum, local sights, gamble, big shows, and lots filipinas working legal prostitution for crazy prices. Most people take the 1 hour ferry over from HK for a day or so.

I got super cheap tickets out of Clark, $20US each way, but after the overnight hotel, and tix from Cebu and ripoff taxis it worked out even to fly direct to HK and take the ferry. I wanted to see Clark, try the airport and play golf at Mimosa, but lesson learned.

No visa, and food and wine much better than HK.

Edited by mactanfamily
  • Like 1

Second: If the taxi ride is only 5 minutes could I walk it in a half hour or less? I like exercise and exercise that saves me 500 pesos is a double blessing.

Most of the driving from hotel area to Clark airport is on highway type driving. So even though driving time is short distance is not.

Just to clarify, the correct fixed fare from Clark airport to hotel area (Fields and Perimeter roads) is P300. The taxi mafia at Clark airport will lie and say it is P500 but if you insist that you know the correct fare is P300, they will relent.

seaman

mactanfamily

The holiday inn is on the old base and its still surrounded by fences guarded gates and weird shaped lots, so unless your a local I wouldnt advise walking.

Another tip for the Holiday inn. I was even ripped off there.

At the check in, they push a priority club card on you. "It's free sir. Just fill out and sign sir. You get many free benefits sir. Only 2 minutes sir." ok ok ok ok ok

So i drop my bags and go immediately go upstairs to the restaurant. It was quite expensive for the buffet something like 1800P. As I said Mahal, the guy jumps in, "OH do you have priority card? Its half price!" I said wow yes. After paying for 4 meals and giving the card i got 40 mins earlier he quickly says "Oh no sir you have priority CLUB card, the discount is priority PRIVLEGE card" Then he points to a sign on the wall. Club? Privilege? Wow....

Of course I argued gently. First night of a bday gift trip to wife with whole family there. Crowded restaurant, after a nice meal....Figured I wouldn't go ballistic. .they wouldn't have it. So I then argued at the front desk to no avail.

Ha Ha funny white man you pay 4000 extra ha ha. I advise NO ONE go to Clark airport, Clark City or Holiday Inn ever.

Edited by mactanfamily
Plus the higher terminal fee?

How much will I need at the airport to get out of the Philippines?

How much will I need at the airport to get out of the Philippines?

Terminal fee for international flights out of Clark ariport is P600.

seaman