Getting to Clarke from Cebu

I have a flight I want to get from Clarke to Sydney in the future so I have to get to Clarke from Cebu. The flight from Clarke to Sydney leaves around 5pm. I see Cebu pacific have flights to Clarke but they get there too late in the day..

Pal have tickets that work out perfectly but each time I select it online I get an error so I emailed them but I won't hold my breath that I get good news on that or even a reply.

So the other alternative is to fly to Manila that morning and get to Clarke by a bus or something. Would this be worth it, how long would a bus take and how much of a hassle is it? I have never been to Clarke either!

Edited by jme
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jme

• udonthani

• Bill H

• seaman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And be very careful of the cabs there, they are not metered. The price is what the driver wants it to be. So always fix the price before you start the ride. Manila has both metered and non-metered

Exit clearance for tourist visa holders, have to be done at immigration   Read here:   http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/49106-exit-visa/#entry500348   and here   http://www.livinginceb

I went through Clark to get to Macau a few months back. Had to stay at the Holiday inn 5 mins away. I was raped for 500 both ways plus the guard at the old base gate wanted 500 to go to 7-11 3 mins aw

So the other alternative is to fly to Manila that morning and get to Clarke by a bus or something.

Would this be worth it, how long would a bus take and how much of a hassle is it? I have never been to Clarke either!

You can do that.

1. Victory liner buses run from Busay terminal close to the aiport to Dau. Take taxi from there to Clark a/p . allow 4 hours min.

2. Get hold of Swagman or The Southern Cross Hotel in Ermita they both have bus direct to Angeles (Clark) . Taxi to a/p about 2 1/2 hrs depending on traffic.

3. Do eighter of the above but go two nights earlier. Book a hotel and have a look at Balibago area Yay%20-%20Copy.gif

thanks vehkis for that info. I will keep it on hand in case I need to go by bus. The other alternative is to get the CebuPac flight and stay the night at some cheap pension house for the night. The ticket is very cheap so I don't want to waste money on hotels if possible.

I did hear back though from PAL quite quickly so that was good. They told me to try again after an hour which I will and if that doesn't work they gave me a 24 hour booking number to call....

And be very careful of the cabs there, they are not metered. The price is what the driver wants it to be. So always fix the price before you start the ride. Manila has both metered and non-metered cabs, so always take the metered cabs, but be careful. Some drivers knowing you're a white guy will play games with the meter and screw you. I hate cabs in Manila and Angels for this reason.

• Like 2

In Manila you will find one to two kinds of taxis. First if the taxi driver readily agrees to use the meter, you can bet it is a rigged meter that can run as much as 10X the standard rate. Second the taxi driver says meter is broken and wants a flat rate that is often many times what the meter rate should be. So either way you are screwed. Best to negotiate a reasonable price if you know where you are going and approximately what the fare should be.

In Angeles the airport taxi system is a full on scam preying on unknowing tourists. Fixed rate to most hotels in Angeles should be P300 but they will charge you P500 as default unless you specifically point out to them that the rate should be P300. Also taxis in Angeles do not have meter so you have to negotiate a fixed rate. For example, taxis will want P350 from most Angeles hotel to CRK airport (about 5 - 10 min ride).

seaman

Edited by seaman
  • Like 1
mactanfamily

I went through Clark to get to Macau a few months back. Had to stay at the Holiday inn 5 mins away. I was raped for 500 both ways plus the guard at the old base gate wanted 500 to go to 7-11 3 mins away. He laughed when my wife suggested 300. Manila looks like Cebu compared to this scam hole.

I will now never go back. I would have visited to play some golf, relax and fly out, but never again. The economy there basically lost thousands of dollars over my lifetime. I highly suggest no one ever fly through there. The airport really sucks as well. Makes Manila's airports look like Hong Kong.

Edited by mactanfamily
  • Like 2

sounds bad, well I hope I can avoid taxis and just get a flight from Cebu to there on the same day. I guess there is no changing of airports at Clarke as I would assume it's quite small compared to airports like Manila?

Also, are there any other airlines flying from Cebu to Clarke besides PAL & CP?

SkyMan

I'm impressed you were able to do so much research on Clark without being able to spell it correctly.

• Like 1
I'm impressed you were able to do so much research on Clark without being able to spell it correctly

He`s an Aussie mate, they can get away with it still. :cool:

• Like 2
Also, are there any other airlines flying from Cebu to Clarke besides PAL & CP?

Air Asia / Sea Air ? Maybe

• Like 1
udonthani

obviously the best way to get there from Cebu is to fly to Clark, Air Phil Express now fly this as well as Cebu Pacific so I would imagine the flights are every day now than the three or four times a week they were before, and not go to Manila, even without reckoning with the Clark taxi mafia who are an absolute disgrace. This is the first impression a lot of people get upon arrival in the Philippines, of course nobody in authority gives a shit that getting robbed by a bunch of violent thugs is the first thing that happens to people when they get here.

normal; taxi drivers aren't allowed past the perimeter gate unless they pay a 200 peso fee, to pick up or drop off, those that have old established customers have to waiit on the street sometimes for families with children to walk the 800 meters, so bad has the mafia's reputation become, people are willing to put themselves out to defy them.

jeepney to Balibago from outside costs 12, a ride and half as normal Angeles jeepney fare is 8 pesos, and you do find yourself using them a lot in Angeles itself, because all the trike drivers are thieves as well and charge a minimum of 50 pesos for even the shortest rides.

not too sure what the fixed mafia fare to Balibago (about 7 minutes drive) is now, I think maybe 350-400 will be the lowest price they'll accept. Could be even more. They'll definitely ask for more.

• Like 1

well I'm glad to say I'm able to avoid those nasty taxi drivers as I managed to get my booking done on the phone even though somewhat painfully.

So my overall cost to fly back to Sydney at the end of this month is about 2,500 pesos with PAL from Cebu to Clark and then $305 AU from Clark to Sydney (airasia) a couple of hours later. I get up to 15kg baggage + carry on although only 10 kg on the PAL flight so I guess I only get 10kgs unless I can ram a load of stuff into my carry on bags across to Clark...It does make a 3+ hour stop at KL on the way but I'm ok with that as I'm happy with the price and the flight times. \ I fly late afternoon and arrive in Sydney late morning next day. The only catch is I must get to a PAL office and pay my domestic ticket as they do not accept any other credit cards on the phone except Philippines ones which was strange. From memory there is a PAL office at SM and maybe even one at Ayala?

So if you are trying to book a PAL ticket and it gives an error then just call them if you really want the ticket as their website is fecked up pretty bad.

• Like 1

well I'm glad to say I'm able to avoid those nasty taxi drivers as I managed to get my booking done on the phone even though somewhat painfully.

So my overall cost to fly back to Sydney at the end of this month is about 2,500 pesos with PAL from Cebu to Clark and then $305 AU from Clark to Sydney (airasia) a couple of hours later. I get up to 15kg baggage + carry on although only 10 kg on the PAL flight so I guess I only get 10kgs unless I can ram a load of stuff into my carry on bags across to Clark...It does make a 3+ hour stop at KL on the way but I'm ok with that as I'm happy with the price and the flight times. \ I fly late afternoon and arrive in Sydney late morning next day. The only catch is I must get to a PAL office and pay my domestic ticket as they do not accept any other credit cards on the phone except Philippines ones which was strange. From memory there is a PAL office at SM and maybe even one at Ayala?

So if you are trying to book a PAL ticket and it gives an error then just call them if you really want the ticket as their website is fecked up pretty bad.

Au $ 305 one way to Sydney. That is good fare this time of the year .

Edited by vehkis

I have to go to Manila frequently and have found in the long run metered cabs are the best deal. If they are cheating, the meter shows it if you know where to look. That has happened to me twice, and both times I told the driver stop the cab and set the meter correctly. One agreed and we went to my destination without further incident, one refused, so I got out of the cab and hailed another refusing the give the first any fare at all. It worked that time.

On another occasion a driver took me the long way from a restaurant to my hotel. The fare going was 60p the return fare 400p. I refused to pay, he blew up and we had a major shouting match. The armed guard from the hotel came over, shotgun pointed at the driver and asked what the problem was, I told him. He just smiled at the driver and I gave the driver 100p which I felt was a good deal for him. He followed me clear into the hotel shouting and fuming the entire way, so I told the front desk to call the Polis and we'd let them settle it. He left shouting, but he left. That worked for me that time too. Your mileage may vary. Next time I might get shot. You just have to play these things by ear I guess. In any case, I hate going to Manila for this reason and will not go back to Angeles for the same reason. A good place to avoid me thinks!

• Like 1

it's not worth risking your life over a few hundred pesos although I know how mad these drivers can make you. As you say just avoid these places. I wonder if there is drivers with wired meters in Cebu? I do remember one once that seemed to be banking the fare pretty damn fast. Is there a way to tell they have been tampered with?