Hello & Get Togethers

Hello All,

I'm new to Cebu, been here about a week so far.

I'm looking for a nice condo to rent if anyone has one.

I'm also interested in going to a get together, I'll like to put some faces to the forum names.

About me:

I'm 48 yo, and have spent the last 4 years working in Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm a former Marine (82-89) and I noticed there are a lot of Marines here, maybe we could have a Marine reunion!

Thanks

Dave

Headshot

Hello All,

I'm also interested in going to a get together, I'll like to put some faces to the forum names.

About me:

I'm 48 yo, and have spent the last 4 years working in Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm a former Marine (82-89) and I noticed there are a lot of Marines here, maybe we could have a Marine reunion!

Thanks

Dave

You've been here for a bit,but welcome. As far as get-togethers go, whoever wants to have one just sets a date, time and place, and whoever wants to (or has time to) show up...does.

You've been here for a bit,but welcome. As far as get-togethers go, whoever wants to have one just sets a date, time and place, and whoever wants to (or has time to) show up...does.

Thanks.

I joined when I was in Afghanistan. I was planning my exit strategy even back then.

Yeah . Welcome to the forum and to Cebu.

Heaps of condos available in city to suit any budget.

pm me if you can I can give you agents number who helped me out here in Cebu city

Hello All,

About me:

Thanks

Dave

I made a post about a friend Angelo who is a rental agent for Winland Towers condos and some others HERE so possibly he could help you find a condo unit to rent. Winland is not high end but if nicely located and reasonably priced for the size unit you get and we like living there for the part of the year we are in Cebu each year, yet it is not for everyone so read the posts and look at it yourself and then you decide if it is for you or not.

Welcome to Cebu, we will be back in Feb and would be happy to meet up once we get back.

Dave

There are plenty of group get togethers at various places, but one of the good regular ones is Ten pin Bowling at Country Mall Bowling alley, every Wednesday at 12.30 for 1 pm start.

just turn up, ask for Alex who runs the show.....

good luck and welcome

CardiacKid

Welcome to the Forum. Hope you enjoy Cebu. There's lots of retired and ex-military here so you should have no problem once you get into mix. Unfortunately, we have a few used car salesmen as well, but you'll learn to recognize them soon enough. Avoid any type of investments here. Your bank accounts will thank you later.

passingby

Hi Dave - welcome and I am ex-mil also and if you qualify for VA we have services here in country as I am at 50% and have no complaint as to the services I get. I also have a condo in Winland Towers available mid January - studio and not too expensive. Winland is mid level but great location. PM me if interested and again Welcome!!

towboat72

going to be a get together at LAGTANG GRILL in talisay on the 14th i think it starts about 3 :00PM

• 1 month later...

I'll be there next week if you are still planning a get together

Jeff