No Foreign Transaction Fee ATM

ok mine aint dankort/visa btw how do u send packages cheap out here from dk i really miss getting some good foods

passingby

Sure we all want to save money but sometimes we forget banks also want to make money.  After all if there were not the banks with their nice ATM's where would those who depend on the card to get money go??  For US types who may be able to join USAA they do reverse fees for the first 3 transactions - I use them for emergency.  BUT why not consider keeping a foreign currency account here in what ever currency you wish or your home country?  For example US types can get their social security check deposited here in US$$ and keep the rest of your retirement / pension accounts in a US Bank.  Then you always have US$$ which can be changed at a higher rate than the bank rate outside and US$$ if needed for trips out of country.  This provides a safety net in case the ATM card is lost / damaged / or just does not work.  Some seem to have a lot of concern over keeping money here but if this is your HOME, why not keep at least a couple months expenses?  You can set up an account ONLY you can access to if there are concerns on joint accounts. 

This subject comes up it seems often and sometimes we forget just how much we save (providing we are not supporting a whole village) by living here from living in our home country.  A few peso/dollars in transfer fees is just part of the cost of doing business here. 

btw how do u send packages cheap out here from dk

Sorry I have no idea, post danmark is so EXPENSIVE, and letters & packages takes for ever to get here, that is if ever delivered

I have been thinking about maybe use the service of http://www.balikbayanboxdenmark.dk/

liquido

I have an ATM card with Fidelity Investments and they also reverse my fee's....

I have a USAA account and they do reverse fees

mabutiman

Yep, HSBC is about the last of 'em in Cebu, or elsewhere in the Philippines for that matter.

Here in Cambodia there is only one bank that has no ATM usage fees - Canadia Bank.

Yes but each time I get a $5.00 "non bbl atm wdl/inq fee" listing on my statement ...  so I contacted the Aust bank (bbl) who said that was the Cambodian bank not them ....I am confused here ...someone seems to be passing the buck ?? ...or taking my bucks !!! ... I always request the receipt even though a balance is never shown ...maybe that could be the reason ?????