A Pleasant Experience At Philippine Immigration - 13A Visa

I got my 13a Probationary last May in Mandaue. It was pretty painless. We needed some extra copies of this and that and was told to go to the Photo/ID both next to BoI all told that stuff came to about 250 pesos - if you go there with nothing, they will do the whole 9 yds for about 500 Pesos. They are not Fixers they are recommended by BoI and know exactly what paperwork is needed and it what order - in fact they will give you a folder, if BoI hasn't yet.

As the OP indicated, you get your Passport Stamped pay your fees, get your appointment time and you leave - took us about 2-3 hours.

Had the Appt with the Female Attorney - took about 10 minutes. What took the most time was final approval - about 3 months - had to get my visa renewed again.

The one things that I found a little strange - you need to have ID Photos taken, and finger prints, but then you go upstairs and they take you finger prints again using the Biometrics and another photo or two - and they transmit that to Manila - strange -

I wonder if the Permeant is going to be as easy.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Monsoon

• spooks

• mpt1947

• enoonmai

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I recently posted a question about the 13A process on behalf of a friend of mine. After watching him bungle around and trip over himself for a few weeks I said to myself, "What the heck, I think I'll

Correct. That is really the only caveat of the visa in my opinion. You pay the same travel tax as Filipino citizens do. And that is really the only reason I didn't get one sooner. Kind of a principles

Haha. heck I didn't even have to kiss any ass to get anything done there! I almost felt like I was maybe on the TV Show 'Punked' and at any moment they were going to come running out and say, "Gotcha!

Where do you get this information from? Its simply not true

I be interested to know why you know it is NOT true with such certainty. I am in there on 2nd and will ask direct and report back Edited by spooks

Oh regarding travel tax - we just went to and got back from HK - paid 1620 Travel Tax and another 2880 for the ECC - according to the Passport Control it is 2880 for the first one and 2180 for any additional travel outside the country - Don't know if that is just on the Probationary or on the Permeant too.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I be interested to know why you know it is NOT true with such certainty. I am in there on 2nd and will ask direct and report back

I know from personal experience. Also just ask any Filipino or 13A holder who travels frequently. 13A holders are treated the same as Filipinos as far as travel tax goes. My friend payed about 100kPHP in travel tax last year. Trust me, he would have saved his receipt if it were that easy. There is no 'multiple exit visa' either. Doesn't exist.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Oh regarding travel tax - we just went to and got back from HK - paid 1620 Travel Tax and another 2880 for the ECC - according to the Passport Control it is 2880 for the first one and 2180 for any additional travel outside the country - Don't know if that is just on the Probationary or on the Permeant too.

It is for 13A in any form (probationary or permanent). A 13A is a 13A. The only difference between probationary and permanent is the length of time it is granted for.

• Like 1

I know from personal experience. Also just ask any Filipino or 13A holder who travels frequently. 13A holders are treated the same as Filipinos as far as travel tax goes. My friend payed about 100kPHP in travel tax last year. Trust me, he would have saved his receipt if it were that easy. There is no 'multiple exit visa' either. Doesn't exist.

100K in travel Tax? Doesn't sound worth it to have a 13a - seems to me he would be better off with a Tourist Visa -

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

100K in travel Tax? Doesn't sound worth it to have a 13a - seems to me he would be better off with a Tourist Visa -

Cant work here on a tourist visa.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Had the Appt with the Female Attorney - took about 10 minutes. What took the most time was final approval - about 3 months - had to get my visa renewed again.

The one things that I found a little strange - you need to have ID Photos taken, and finger prints, but then you go upstairs and they take you finger prints again using the Biometrics and another photo or two - and they transmit that to Manila - strange -

I wonder if the Permeant is going to be as easy.

It seems as though processing is faster if you go to the main office in Intramuros, at least based on my experience and some others I know who have done it there. It seems everything has to go to Manila anyway and then back to Cebu. Yes two sets of fingerprints. What's the point of the biometrics if they do it manually too? At the BOI main office there is a woman walking around conveniently selling you the photo for your manual fingerprint card that you don't know about needing ahead of time. Cant remember what she charged, but I wasn't going to run out to get a photo. From what I have heard the permanent is the same process as the probationary, an exact repeat of what you did the first time. I plan to apply for mine in October. Edited by Monsoon

Process from Probationary to Permanent is basically the same. Status change stamped in Passport and a New ACR Card showing Permanent Resident. If you have been a good boy while on probation you should have know problems. Here in Davao they texted me with appointment times and when to pick up new ACR Card.