• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KID

• USMC-Retired

• lifeisgood

• InternetTough

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in the 1930's a lot of people moved even though they had no money. Have you ever heard of the dust bowl? If people want something bad enough, they will do what they have to to get it. Of course,

CEO Pay Grew 127 Times Faster Than Worker Pay Over Last 30 Years: Study     Sucks to be the little guy these days....

Having been on both sides of the fence, and been highly paid at times, in general, executive pay is EXCESSIVE.   I have no objection to high pay for anyone, IF, and only if, it is based upon results

Posted Images

RandyOdom
Like two trucks to deliver to one store

Actually, the AFL-CIO represented the truckers who delivered the products and they had already reached a deal with Hostess. As a matter of fact, the AFL-CIO tried to stop the strike from happening. The workers who made the products did not deliver the products. So your point has no point.

Mr. Mike

"Silence implies consent" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good night!

Mr. Mike

Actually, the AFL-CIO represented the truckers who delivered the products and they had already reached a deal with Hostess. As a matter of fact, the AFL-CIO tried to stop the strike from happening. The workers who made the products did not deliver the products. So your point has no point.

Still,,,,why two trucks to deliver product to the same store?
  • Like 2

:popcorn:

Sorry mike-- had to get a slab of ribs off the Q

I was just wondering--- If these CEO's deserve all this money--WHY did they not lead their companies through this economic down turn with out a problem ???

So I guess Your gonna have to answer your own Question !!!

How many current visionary business leaders can you name off the top of your head?

Where ever they are hiding--they are not at hostess bakeries !!!

Now it time for some KC BBQ

Edited by KID
RandyOdom
Still,,,,why two trucks to deliver product to the same store?

Not being a Union executive and not having been a part of the negotiations when that rule was put into effect, I have no idea. I would surmise, however, that originally it had something to do with protecting jobs. You have to remember that this company came into being after many mergers and acquisitions. Bread being one company and snack products another. Two trucks equal two drivers where one truck only needs one. A unions job is to protect the workers and bargain on their behalf. If management at one time agreed to this arrangement, then it's their fault, not the union's.

Mr. Mike

Sorry mike-- had to get a slab of ribs off the Q

I was just wondering--- If these CEO's deserve all this money--WHY did they not lead their companies through this economic down turn with out a problem ???

So I guess Your gonna have to answer your own Question !!!

Where ever they are hiding--they are not at hostess bakeries !!!

I never said "these CEOs" deserved anything! They have an impressive CV, a history in business, and they are sought after, prized and valued. You refuse to acknowledge, or even address, my previous posts because you refuse to believe that some people are valued more than others,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and the market compensates them for it, big time! Edited by Mr. Mike
Kodiak570

I never said "these CEOs" deserved anything! They have an impressive CV, a history in business, and they are sought after, prized and valued. You refuse to acknowledge, or address, my previous posts because you refuse to believe that some people are valued more than others,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and the market compensates them for it, big time!

True market conditions dictated that MANY companies, banks, and small businesses, maybe even Hostess, go belly up to be no more. The government bailouts of the banks, car companies, etc. helped prolong this "kicking the can down the road mentality."

When the workforce is expected to take pay cuts of up to 20%, why aren't the Chairman's Of the Board, or whomever is in charge, taking the same cut off the top? Membership has it's privilege, no?

What we currently live in is a Corporatocracy, and no TRUE market will be seen until this hybrid monstrosity is separated.

• Like 2
Mr. Mike

Not being a Union executive and not having been a part of the negotiations when that rule was put into effect, I have no idea. I would surmise, however, that originally it had something to do with protecting jobs.Why would anyone of any value to a company need a paid , third party to protect them ? You have to remember that this company came into being after many mergers and acquisitions. Bread being one company and snack products another. Two trucks equal two drivers where one truck only needs one.Duh! A unions job is to protect the workersincluding redundancy and bargain on their behalf.What, the workers cannot speak for themselves? If management at one time agreed to this arrangement, then it's their fault,not the unions.Both sides are to blame!

Mr. Mike

True market conditions dictated that MANY companies, banks, and small businesses, maybe even Hostess, go belly up to be no more. The government bailouts of the banks, car companies, etc. helped prolong this "kicking the can down the road mentality."

When the workforce is expected to take pay cuts of up to 20%, why aren't the Chairman's Of the Board, or whomever is in charge, taking the same cut off the top? Membership has it's privilege, no?

What we currently live in is a Corporatocracy, and no TRUE market will be seen until this hybrid monstrosity is separated.

See post #14
A_Simple_Man
"Silence implies consent"

It is this silly little idiom that compels otherwise rational individual to prolong senseless arguments. You have 2 minutes to reply. Other wise your silence will imply agreement.

• Like 1
A_Simple_Man
You have 2 minutes to reply. Other wise your silence will imply agreement.

Times up! I win!

:Yay::yahoo::db::girldevil:

Mr. Mike

:ROFLMAO:

Times up! I win!

:Yay::yahoo::db::girldevil:

After much thought and contemplation,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You $uck! Edited by Mr. Mike
  • Like 1
RandyOdom
What, the workers cannot speak for themselves?

The unions are the workers. One worker stands up and gets fired, a thousand workers stand up and then management has to deal with them and their concerns. You obviously are anti-union. That's your right. But the right to collective bargaining is the law of the land and you have to respect that.

Companies will do ANYTHING to increase profits. The laws that are in place to protect workers are there because of unions. The unions gave us weekends, sick pay, paid holidays, safe working conditions and they built the middle class. I would suggest you do some reading on the history of unions and their impact on building a strong America.

The WTO and NAFTA have helped to destroy unions in this country. American companies are chomping at the bit to send American jobs to poor third world countries that have none of these benefits. Yes we have income re-distribution in this country but it's income going from the bottom to the top, not the other way around. Class warfare is going on but the rich are winning.

Until we come up with a solution to level the playing field, then the decline of unions will continue and I despair at the thought of America becoming more like the Philippines, with the haves and the have nots and not much in between.

• Like 4