american diplomat stabbed to death

Not getting involved stopping a car of rowdy murdering scum to enter a place where you live makes you a COWARD

You can't spin you being afraid - you're willing to have your bike hijacked because a guy wants to take it as evidence simply proves it.

This is not a case of being robbed at gunpoint - but confronting a rowdy group of assholes

i gaurentee you'd be the first 1 running for cover once the action started

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USMC-Retired

• smokey

• andy83

• tokyoman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In any foreign country just blend in and don't make waves with locals. They might try to with you but the key is don't react, ignore and walk away. It's hard to do but remember your life is hanging.

The man is dead because someone stuck a knife in him.

"The four men, who were in a Volvo sport utility vehicle (TOJ-886), were being questioned by village security guards when the victim appeared and joined the conversation"   Sorry to hear that he bro

Posted Images

USMC-Retired

yes mate and you aint gona change it

people DO NOT get stabbed for Nothing he did something

nobody deserves to die like that but he should of had more sense

Allegedly tapped the car after the occupants had a heated discussion with the Guard who would not allow them in is what he did. I doubt seriously that their anger was directed towards him but the guards that did not let them in. He just happen to be the unarmed, unprotected individual that walked into the place.

My point is people should not live in fear. If you fear living here or helping people you should leave. Because that is no way to live your life.

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Like 4
Davaoeno

Never refuse to give a ride to a strange drunk local? :unknw:

Should we allow them to insult our wives or girlfriends?

To what limits do you take your cowardice - before you decide it's time for a response?

you and I both know that there is a big difference between cowardice and prudence .

• Like 3
littlePP

i gaurentee you'd be the first 1 running for cover once the action started

Well, since I never announced I was a coward, as you have - I would enjoy how you came to this conclusion?

From a guy who questioned how did he know they were murderers, but responded he deserved it, because he tapped a car, suggesting then, they were indeed murderers, I would take a guess you would be wrong once again. :cheers:

InternetTough

Anyhow, the murderer seems to be caught and it is doubtful if the Philippines will let him kill and walk away---especially as a government official has already gone on record as saying he hopes it doesn't net the Philippines another travel advisory.If the Philippines fails to punish the murderer sufficiently, the US just might notice the level of protection afforded its diplomats: murder one, slap on the wrist, no bigee. I don't think that will happen, fortunately.

I don't think that there is a family here with enough klout to deliver this killer from justice.

Edited by InternetTough
  • Like 1
RogerDuMond

As stated before personal attacks will not be allowed. Two members banned from topic.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

this thread is close to having run it's course

the man is dead.

and your arguing back and forth and name calling of each other isn't going to change either that or your minds

littlePP

you and I both know that there is a big difference between cowardice and prudence .

Of course, and if a group of thugs held a gun at my head asking for the 4000 pesos in my wallet - they got it.

If, these guys were entering your subdivision, and you were walking back home and seen them flipping with the guard, knowing your wife and family were in a private area you resided, i would expect you to help out - and if tapping a car was all it took to murder such an act, why are you even living in this place? Prudence or cowardice? - in this case, his actions were not deserving of a stabbing, a VERY emotional and personal type kill, and if you would ignore this situation and helping your guard out, I would for certain classify the cowardice to you.

These killers were animals - and I am beginning to believe too many people in the Philippines are not human.

When they can get into a sub division, a nice one like the one you reside in, what's your next safety net Ian?

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

The prosecutors may have an interesting time making murder charges stick to all 4 defendents. There was one knife and four 'stabbers'. I doubt they passed it around. And it sounds like these aren't deranged shabu heads, but the children of FWMs (Filipinos With Money). So we can be certain they will have decent lawyers. IT will become everyman for himself.

Edited by Monsoon

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

laugh all you want but i run with some of the security guards in my subdivision so i've gotten to know them. they are a bit slow but they have stamina, and they are quite competent. bel-air, being more upscale than my neck of the woods, is likely to have some fairly high standards. after all, lots of kidnap fodder there.

something i alluded to in my earlier posts: the guards at bel-air deal with this sort of situation a lot. people often try and use the subdivision as a short cut to other places. they have their own tried and true methods of dealing with it. they also deal with a lot of subdivision brats and visitors who feel they are privileged and not subject to the subdivision rules, particularly in the earlier morning hours. the guards have experience with all this and they don't need people joining in trying to help out. usmc-retired says "Show me anywhere in this article he got involved." the stories all point out that the man had joined the "conversation" before the car-tapping. now imagine if, in your own country, the police were having a "conversation" and you just walked up and joined in. do you think the police would thank you? more likely you would risk arrest for interfering. the man may have good intentions but he should also have known better. his interference was not wise, not needed, and likely not welcome. little pp claims he was confronting "rowdy murderous scum" but they weren't murderous until after he confronted them. and the scum part was at best rather uncertain at the time. so we are left with him confronting rowdy potential trespassers when it should have been left to the professionals.

what? nobody wants to jump down my throat for defending the government spokesman? too late now--it's bedtime and i have a cat in the attic that needs retrieving.

• Like 2
USMC-Retired

What police? What Government? There were only private citizens involved. The Guards are nothing more then private citizens. You do not know what made him get involved in the conversation. They could have called him over to try and use him as a ruse to get in. Does not matter you are defending the actions of those that killed him because the victim should have not got involved. You are saying that do not get involved with anything if asked or unasked because you could be killed. He could have walked up got permission to enter the subdivision and the Guards or the people in the car asked him a question. However ignore it and walk away. You do not know yet speculate to his fault not to him being in the wrong place wrong time. It is the fear that people try and set on people.

InternetTough
they weren't murderous until after he confronted them.

I think it is a reasonable assumption that anyone so quick with a knife over a trifle was murderous scum even before the trifle.

"Murderous" can mean "inclined to commit murder".

Edited by InternetTough
Canuck Joe

Such a sensless death.

I bet the diplomates family just wish he was home in bed rather than playing guard at 4am.

But its a good thing he was not a coward because those drunk rich kids trying to shortcut through a subdivision on thier way home from clubbing were going to drop in on his family, knock on the door and stab them all in the face and rape them while the guard did nothing.... :sarcasm:

sadly ego often trumps common sense in the absence of wisdom

Edited by Canuck Joe
InternetTough

He wasn't a diplomat. He was the husband of a diplomat. Here is the story:

http://globalnation....plomats-husband

Sharp tap on silver Volvo triggers murder of US diplomat’s husband

Niña Calleja

Philippine Daily Inquirer

7:08 pm | Sunday, November 25th, 2012

MANILA, Philippines — The husband of a US diplomat stabbed dead in an early morning altercation at the gate of a posh Makati village just so happened to have hurt the egos of his four attackers when he gave the silver Volvo car they were riding in a hard tap, police said.

George Anikow, 41, an inactive US marine officer, died on Saturday morning after he was mauled and fatally stabbed at the back and left shoulder in an event so random he and the other men hardly knew each other, Senior Supt. Manuel Lukban, Makati police chief, said in an interview.

The suspects identified as Juan Alfonzo Abastilla, 24; Crispin dela Paz, 28; Osric Cabrera, 27; and Galicano Datu III, 22, have been charged with murder.

Covering their faces with towels to avoid television cameras, the four underwent inquest proceedings at the Makati prosecutor’s office on Sunday afternoon.

The four were arrested by the Makati police on Saturday moments after the fatal stabbing and when they were about to flee.

Abastilla, Dela Paz, and Cabrera are profiled as businessmen living in Makati while Datu is a student of De la Salle University in Manila. The four are believed to be from well-to-do families, according to the police.

“There was no deeper reason why they attacked the American. Nakalalake lang. (Their egos were just hurt),” Lukban told the Philippine Daily Inquirer.

The Makati police said the four on board a silver Volvo (TOJ 886) were being checked by a security guard at the gate of Rockwell Center along Kalayaan Avenue when Anikow who, then appeared to be drunk, broke into the conversation.

“You need to present your ID, the guard is checking you,” Anikow told the men in the Volvo car, the Rockwell security guard said.

The men ignored him but the driver Abastilla asked for the name of the American before he rolled up the car’s window.

But the Volvo-riding men lost their cool when the American gave their Volvo a tap. They alighted the vehicle and ganged up on the victim.

“The victim was able to run away but the attackers caught up with him and mauled him again,” Lukban said.

Witnesses said the victim fell to the ground, bleeding from the stab wounds in his body.

Before fleeing, one of the attackers even threatened the on-duty security guard saying: “Wag kang magsusumbong. Huwag mong kunin ang plate number namin, gago yan (You don’t report this. Don’t take down our plate number. That guy’s no good).”

Chief Superintendent Benito Estipona, director of the Southern Police District, said the policemen on three mobile patrol cars, upon getting an alert from Rockwell security guards, were just in time to block the suspects’ path along Estrella St., in Barangay Poblacion, Makati City.

A bloodstained tactical knife was found at the front passenger seat of the suspects’ vehicle.

Lukban said the US Embassy officials have been in constant contact with the Makati police after learning about the killing.

“They are looking forward to the immediate filing of the case,” Lukban said.

The victim, a dependent of one of the officers of the US Embassy, was awaiting order from the US Marine to be called to duty, the police said.

Lukban said the Makati police opted to file murder, a non-bailable offense, instead of homicide since the attackers chased the victim “with the intent to kill.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

They attacked him once, he started running away, then the four of them ran him down and finished him off. They had the presence of mind to threaten the guards not to take down their license plate number. I wonder what else that band of heroes has done?

It is good that all four of them are getting charged with murder. I wonder how long it will be before three of them start pointing at one of them, claiming that it was entirely his idea to bring the knife? But if the American was already stabbed and running away and all four of them attacked again....it could be difficult to claim that they all weren't murderers.

Four against one...stabbed in the back...what a bunch.

Edited by InternetTough
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

i believe we have had a member here in the not so distant past who was the husband of a diplomat.

wonder if he know them.. or if he was the guy for that matter