american diplomat stabbed to death

I enjoyed reading the comments in one of the papers written in English, expressing concerns for what there country is becoming and also commenting on the travel advisory concerns from this Malacañang person

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USMC-Retired

• smokey

• andy83

• tokyoman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In any foreign country just blend in and don't make waves with locals. They might try to with you but the key is don't react, ignore and walk away. It's hard to do but remember your life is hanging.

The man is dead because someone stuck a knife in him.

"The four men, who were in a Volvo sport utility vehicle (TOJ-886), were being questioned by village security guards when the victim appeared and joined the conversation"   Sorry to hear that he bro

Posted Images

musicman666

In any foreign country just blend in and don't make waves with locals. They might try to with you but the key is don't react, ignore and walk away. It's hard to do but remember your life is hanging. You're dealing with a 3rd world developing country that is deep in corruption and thinks/reacts more like tribal culture. Don't be fooled by their dress/clothes or car. Philippines is a jungle and debate, argument, logic, reasoning and critical thinking are void here. Dick waving contests and beat your opponents by killing you and your posse and family is how it runs here.

You can say even this place is without ethics or morals when dealing with injustice or unfairness. It's their pile of dung.....they made it this way and will keep it this way...cause they want it...... Walk away. You won't get anywhere with them

But they go to church every Sunday...... Surely that must count for something?

• Like 2

condolences to his family.

regarding the wisdom of his getting involved, it's not just a matter of him being a foreigner sticking his nose in local affairs. these security guards are trained on how to handle these types of situations and they have an idea of the extent to which they would want to let a given situation escalate. the foreigner's interference may not have been welcome by the security, and it could very well have endangered the guards if guns had been involved.

best to let those who are paid and trained to handle the situation do their jobs as they see fit.

• Like 1

“But even (the foreigner) was ignored and the car moved forward, so he tapped the vehicle. The four suspects got off and ganged up on the victim,”

What an F**king idiot this guy thought he'd try and be a hero, like all other hero's i know there DEAD

USMC-Retired

condolences to his family.

regarding the wisdom of his getting involved, it's not just a matter of him being a foreigner sticking his nose in local affairs. these security guards are trained on how to handle these types of situations and they have an idea of the extent to which they would want to let a given situation escalate. the foreigner's interference may not have been welcome by the security, and it could very well have endangered the guards if guns had been involved.

best to let those who are paid and trained to handle the situation do their jobs as they see fit.

This is the second person to say this. There is a man dead. Who cares if he stuck nose in the business of Filipinos or that of security guards. What does it say about the country as a whole. This type of Violence is on the rise and it is getting more and more to the point of lawlessness. You see a women screaming for help so you warn that it is a Filipino matter and should walk away. Because if you help you may be killed. What kind of society is that?

Love the fact people find flaw with his actions. Oh yes his fault for tapping a car. So much he is dead. That is the society we should want to live in. Better yet make someone lose face over a coconut and get shot in the face in your own home.

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Like 3

yeah and the man is dead because of his own actions

and this thing happens all over the world not just the Philippines, don't get involved with shit that don't concern you

That is the MORAL of the whole story

USMC-Retired

Great so you are someone that would help no one. You would just walk away if someone was in need because you live in fear if its a Filipino matter you will be killed. That is what you are saying. Moral of the story there is no Moral of the story because the people that committed the crimes displayed no morals,

and this thing happens all over the world not just the Philippines, don't get involved with shit that don't concern you

• Like 3
jusjoseph

• Like 8

i help people everyday that is my job to help people

basically you are another wanna be hero, hero's are dead

like the guy a few months ago (another american) who was shot for not giving a local a ride on his motorbike

AND YES USMC THE WORLD IS A BIG BAD SCARY PLACE WHERE BAD THINGS HAPPEN

C'MON WISING UP

Dont go around smacking peoples cars your gona get hurt

Edited by andy83
littlePP

:killself:

• Like 1
shadow

these security guards are trained on how to handle these types of situations

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 4

And the knife was stuck into him because he tapped the car

what did he think was gona happen?? would you have done that??

USMC-Retired

All these people say it is such a wonderful place to live yet you can not help a stranger according to you or be killed. You say you help however I doubt that because if it is involves a Filipino you must not be involved. That would be a fecking idiot according to you. Always sounds like more fun... So those that live in fear keep it I will live my life and hope I do not get killed.

• Like 1

This is the second person to say this. There is a man dead. Who cares if he stuck nose in the business of Filipinos or that of security guards. What does it say about the country as a whole. This type of Violence is on the rise and it is getting more and more to the point of lawlessness. You see a women screaming for help so you warn that it is a Filipino matter and should walk away. Because if you help you may be killed. What kind of society is that?

Love the fact people find flaw with his actions. Oh yes his fault for tapping a car. So much he is dead. That is the society we should want to live in. Better yet make someone lose face over a coconut and get shot in the face in your own home.

his fault for interfering with what he should have recognized as a potentially volatile situation. he wasn't trying to defend some woman screaming for help, he was interfering with the guards doing their job in handling a commonplace occurrence. bel-air is rather upscale--the security guards are competent in their jobs, they know the extent to which to confront a carload of belligerent people at 4 in the morning. their likely response would have been to take note of the vehicle and contact the police, or at least gathered some more backup before making a serious confrontation. again, if the people in the car had come out with guns (a good possibility) then it could be a security guard's family mourning the loss of their breadwinner because somebody thoughtlessly interfered with a relatively minor incident, one that happens often and that guards are accustomed to dealing with.

i suppose i had better point out, before someone makes that foolish leap of logic, that just because i fault the man for his actions doesn't mean i feel he deserved what happened.

sidenote: after reading more of the stories, i think the criticism of the government spokesman is a bit unfounded. the tourism comments were in response to a question. a better response would have been something along the lines of "that's a stupid question", but it's not as if the spokesman simply came out on his own and started talking about the impact on tourism.

• Like 2
InternetTough

The murder victim can only (possibly) be faulted for lack of prudence. As for his morality, he probably should be praised, because it would have been the easier and safer course for him to just walk away.

Touching or tapping a car does no real harm. The man who murdered him was probably an egomaniac.

• Like 5