american diplomat stabbed to death

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

you mean like when 4 guys enter a bank and rob it and one shots the guard the 3 who did not shot get to keep the money and go home? what country is that

Your analogy doesn't make sense compared to the point I was making. In fact the police are already talking about 'determining who posessed the knife'. The elements of murder are clearly defined and need to be proven at trial. I will put money on it that the charges amongst the 4 accused will vary. Wait and see.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USMC-Retired

• smokey

• tokyoman

• littlePP

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In any foreign country just blend in and don't make waves with locals. They might try to with you but the key is don't react, ignore and walk away. It's hard to do but remember your life is hanging.

The man is dead because someone stuck a knife in him.

"The four men, who were in a Volvo sport utility vehicle (TOJ-886), were being questioned by village security guards when the victim appeared and joined the conversation"   Sorry to hear that he bro

Posted Images

A_Simple_Man
Even when the almighty PINOY PRIDE has been wounded by a lowly foreigner, 4 men chasing down a wounded man and finishing him off is not self defense.

It seems you don't understand the Pinoy court system. If the accused men are from influential families and the other guy is dead then it IS self defense. The facts are not relevant when issuing a verdict.

USMC-Retired

Everybody had choices in this matter. The victim could have kept his liquid courage in check. The guys suspects could have remained in the car. The fact he was drunk by all accounts also does not go well for the suspects. If they could tell or knew then it looks even worse. So there are many ways to say hey it could have ended different. No telling what was said but violence is never the answer. As for the comments it is Marine Behavior I think his over protection of security is because of his time in the Middle East. Because he was drunk his comments were not clear and unwelcome. Yes he may have invoked a confrontation. Yet as civilized people we should be able to see the situation for what it was. Additionally there is no need to brandish a weapon for an unarmed man. You had numbers and could have given a beat down without escalating it. Typical Marine Behavior not close by the victim,, having served 20 years I can attest to that. It was typical behavior when an individual drinks and becomes over critical. I have seen it from non-military personnel and many clubs do not serve long necks in glass bottles (plastic now) in Texas for that reason. I find it sad that all these lives are now lost. The families of all families are devastated and have loss. One person paid the ultimate price and 3 others will pay in jail in the Philippines. That may as well be a death sentence.

When I was in Iraq and the middle east. We were taught about escalation of force. We were given sensitivity training to local people. He spent much time there. So if that training was forgotten it is because he was drinking. I would almost 100% guarantee that if he was not drinking he would have handled the situation differently. Because of this night of enjoyment it cost him his life. This is a reason not an excuse. It is failure on the part of his leadership and it cost him.

What I do not see is the reason for them to stab him or use a weapon. I suspect they figured they could get away with it and no one would be the wiser. They picked the wrong victim and wrong time. It should be a warning to all as we are not Diplomat relatives.

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Like 1

It seems you don't understand the Pinoy court system. If the accused men are from influential families and the other guy is dead then it IS self defense. The facts are not relevant when issuing a verdict.

My comment about what constitues self defence was irrespective of what the justice (or injustice) system in Philippines will say about the matter in court. But I fully agree with you facts are not important in considering a verdict here, as was shown by many previous cases where hard facts were ignored.

seaman

smokey

Your analogy doesn't make sense compared to the point I was making. In fact the police are already talking about 'determining who posessed the knife'. The elements of murder are clearly defined and need to be proven at trial. I will put money on it that the charges amongst the 4 accused will vary. Wait and see.

sure 3 will get community service and the last will get sent to Luke so he can be treated for hyper tension

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

sure 3 will get community service and the last will get sent to Luke so he can be treated for hyper tension

I think Smokey they need something visual to go along with that like a neck brace. maybe a wheel chair will be prescribed for his hypertension.

Stranded Shipscook

This is the second person to say this. There is a man dead. Who cares if he stuck nose in the business of Filipinos or that of security guards. What does it say about the country as a whole. This type of Violence is on the rise and it is getting more and more to the point of lawlessness. You see a women screaming for help so you warn that it is a Filipino matter and should walk away. Because if you help you may be killed. What kind of society is that?

Love the fact people find flaw with his actions. Oh yes his fault for tapping a car. So much he is dead. That is the society we should want to live in. Better yet make someone lose face over a coconut and get shot in the face in your own home.

Condolences to the family... nothing else to remark here actually.

Why, what, who, when, what happens next, all speculations.

WE have not been there.

Edited by Stranded Shipscook
  • Like 1
SkyMan

Actually, I have seen many topics being discussed quite civilly, after having been moved downstairs.

Then it sounds like there was no need to move it.

I know one thing is for sure the judge who gets this case will will get a few brown envelopes under the table too ,he coud become quite rich himself lol.

thebob

Then it sounds like there was no need to move it.

In a forum with rules, some people like to push them. When there aren't any rules, It's much more difficult to stand out.

So fecking lame to stab a guy with a knife unless you're in war or it's very serious... c'mon...

4 guys on 1 is enough, but a knife? Well he's dead, and I hope the killer gets LIFE

I hope the killer gets LIFE

I would prefer the death penalty for the one who stabbed him

I think this "discussion" has gone far enough, as it has moved from discussing a news item to methods of punishing the alleged culprits.

• Like 1