Sign in to follow this  
Wombat No More

LAPTOP Screen replacement?

Wombat No More

My screen is busted on the main computer, an "E MACHINE" with model No. E640. Screen measures close to 15 1/2" corner to corner. Probably go 17" if the edges of the computer were included.

Some numnut, (after this numnut left it in a position to happen) tried to close the laptop screen while there was still something sitting on top of the keyboard. The result was that the corner of the item on top was forced into the screen and broke it, star cracks around the pressure point and only the top half of the screen works...

So, any clues on what it would cost for a 2nd hand screen (need the cheapest way out of this).

A mate tells me it is easy to replace and there are step by step instructions for the repair on the internet. Easy for him to say as he fixes laptops in Oz but me, well computer numnut No. 1 here mates.

Ooroo, and thanks in advance. Phil

Davaoeno

I'd make a recommendation Phil but I assume you still have me blocked ? I just had a screen replaced

• Like 1

TorJay

Well well, looks who's back! Welcome back Phil. How was your little vacation? :)

It is pretty easy to replace the screen. I also am not the techy type but managed quite easily when I replaced mine. Just remember where all those millions of teenie weenie little screws go! :D

Edited by TorJay
  • Like 1

Wombat No More

Well well, looks who's back! Welcome back Phil. How was your little vacation? :)

Enforced vacation. And a necessity to get away from totally dumb moderators riding around on their little, high, hobby horses, cracking an imaginary whip at all the sheep below. Anyway, better get back on topic before someone in 'authority' takes it upon themselves to institute a dumb ban for nothing again on us. ooroo mate.

broden

you're nickname is still too damn long phil

Wombat No More

you're nickname is still too damn long phil

Yep, I could change it to something like "Myass". That topic seems to insanely inflame one particular Aussie Global Mod.

But really I need info on fixing my computer screen after I can find a screen.

broden

as far as finding a part i dunno... but yeah i would dig around on youtube there are usually tons of how to vids on there

Woolf

eMachines by Acer E640 250GB 15.6 Inch Laptop.

There are 2 places in e-mall that can do it for you

1. just outside CDR-King one the small stalls there

2. stand outside CDR-King, turn left 90 degrees walk till you are at the other corner, there almost hidden in the corner. is a repair shop

I have no idea about the cost

Check here for price idea:

http://www.laptopscreen.me.uk/emachines-emachines-e640-156-lcd-laptop-screen-p-2344.html

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1

Woolf

If you do not move that laptop around too much, maybe much cheaper to buy an external monitor

• Like 2

USMC-Retired

The screen replacement for a laptop is 2900 pesos. I just priced them out for headshot. That if it is just the screen. In his case he had a broken hinge that caused the screen to break. So that was another 2400 pesos. You can take it to Emall and in the cyber area as you pass the food court go in to the cell phone area (movie theater on your left) You pass an arcade on your left and then you pass a cell phone shop on left. Keep going at the very corner is a Laptop repair place. They will give you the best deal and will actually give you a warranty. Best place in Cebu. Headshots screen was 14" so yours will be more then his I would suspect it will cost between 4000-5000 pesos to complete the job by them. It takes about 2 days. They are really good.

samatm

Hi phil, sorry about the screen. YOu can it replaced today at SST in SM or Ayalya for about 7K Pesos. You can order one on the iternet and mess around with customs and a possible cracked screen for about 4.5K. You can probably find the how to replace for your model somewhere online. I have replaced 2 screens at SST. Takes about an hour by the time they do the testing etc. Good luck. SST is in Cyberzone in SM and top level Ayala by the travel agents / language schools. They are professionally run and will label all your parts etc before checking in.

samatm

The screen replacement for a laptop is 2900 pesos. I just priced them out for headshot. That if it is just the screen. In his case he had a broken hinge that caused the screen to break. So that was another 2400 pesos. You can take it to Emall and in the cyber area as you pass the food court go in to the cell phone area (movie theater on your left) You pass an arcade on your left and then you pass a cell phone shop on left. Keep going at the very corner is a Laptop repair place. They will give you the best deal and will actually give you a warranty. Best place in Cebu. Headshots screen was 14" so yours will be more then his I would suspect it will cost between 4000-5000 pesos to complete the job by them. It takes about 2 days. They are really good.

thanks for the heads up.. Sounds a bit cheaper than sst. no name for the place ?

USMC-Retired

I have CRS (Can't remember shit) so I just gave the best directions I could. Someone on the board also used them and had good luck with them.

dc3driver

Where is E mall? Thanks

samatm

Where is E mall? Thanks

Hey

DC its t between the South Highway heading to the LTO and Sanciangko street. Coming down from Osmena turn right on sanciangko (where GV tower is ) go past the mall entrance Turn right on the next street to go up the South highway turn right again to get back to the Mall parking garage.

dc3driver

Thanks for the help, have a laptop that gives TBSOD after being on for just a few mins.

USMC-Retired

they will be able to help you with that. Here alot of times it is a simple fix with memory being dirty. The smog and dust here just create such issues with the contacts. Yet it would not cost anything if they can not fix it. It only costs if they repair it.