Filipino Landlords and Renting as a young single expat.

That's exactly it, they want to show that they have some kind of power over you and that they can do what they want. Even my mother never threated me that way, I can basicly do whatever I want since i'm 16, but in the Philippines I meet young women who are 28 years old and who are still being ruled by their parents, can't go out when they want etc...

Same like in the early 20th century in Europe.

Girlfriend has the same issue at 30 with kids. She's trying to get out of the house next year. Income is the issue.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buzbyu

• Mr.T

• smokey

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I cant believe it took me 64 posts to figure out the problem !! Maybe she wouldnt pay so much attention to you if you didnt wear a dress ??

Yeah, a beard and a dress is never a good combination.

most of what I have to say would prolly get u evicted, I'll just address your main problem then.   She is a minor control freak and you need to get out from under her spell so to speak, in a way tha

Posted Images

Theres young foreigners living in Maria Luisa who rent 150,000 peso villas, they share the rent by 4 or something, plus utilities, they pay around 40,000 pesos each, including driver and housemaid and foods etc. I know this as a fact, not a guess. Theres quite a few big expensive houses that are being shared like that.

I know young foreigners who rent condos by them selves also, paying around 40,000 per month.

Theres also foreigners who live on a smaller budget, like me, of course.

I could do that also but I have "Bills" back home to pay every month. I'm also not currently working or have anything much coming in. Just studying here. So what's your budget actually to live here besides rent and stuff?

I could do that also but I have "Bills" back home to pay every month. I'm also not currently working or have anything much coming in. Just studying here. So what's your budget actually to live here besides rent and stuff?

I'm working here so it's different... on rent my budget is 20k per month.

Edited by Mr.T
Stranded Shipscook

It happens. If you're 50+, White and such you're safe. Seniority and the Skin helps.

As I said, I never had that happen to me,i rented from 85 to 05. I am now 53, but own since 2005. ( and i am not the one in the avatar... :yahoo: )

However, just try to talk to her, and tell her to bugger off and leave you alone. (politely)

For 10k you can find a lot of other 2 BR places.

I'm not sure if i'd want to spend more than 40k per month here on rent as a single foreigner... that's not very low profile, it attracts the wrong people (girls), but if i'm married or have a serious GF no problem.

I've met a girl once she was earning 8,000 pesos per month in Ayala, she came to my place, and she said "wow your place is cheap!" and I said, really? but you make only 8,000 peso per month, so u think 20k per month is cheap? She said "oh some foreigners invited me to his place its much nicer and much bigger"

I sent her home immediately, and she asked me to pay her taxi. Crazy bitch.

Edited by Mr.T
  • Like 3

As I said, I never had that happen to me,i rented from 85 to 05. I am now 53, but own since 2005. ( and i am not the one in the avatar... :yahoo: )

However, just try to talk to her, and tell her to bugger off and leave you alone. (politely)

For 10k you can find a lot of other 2 BR places.

Yeah but I need something close to to the city and also with a security guard and compound and new. New, Security Guard, Compound Gated. That's hard to find at 10k. And next to a mall.

Yes, most of the 10k 2 BR places are far from new, some places are only 2 years old but look like they were build 20 years ago

Edited by Mr.T

I'm not sure if i'd want to spend more than 40k per month here on rent as a single foreigner... that's not very low profile, it attracts the wrong people (girls), but if i'm married or have a serious GF no problem.

I've met a girl once she was earning 8,000 pesos per month in Ayala, she came to my place, and she said "wow your place is cheap!" and I said, really? but you make only 8,000 peso per month, so u think 20k per month is cheap? She said "oh some foreigners invited me to his place its much nicer and much bigger"

I sent her home immediately, and she asked me to pay her taxi. Crazy bitch.

Leech Whore. Go for the girls that make 15k+ and have a education. Their English is fluent not broken. The other will expect you to be their bank account and ATM machine. But it's hard to find a complete Filipina here. All have their quarks and downsides. Ayala is a place to stay away from. They've been trained by most foreigners already. "Trained"...or runned. Back to the crazy landlords.

I told mine politely to get it across her head I'm not what she keeps envisioning or assuming. Tonight. I'm planning a Christmas party next month and my girl said it's best to ask her permission. Then she tried to turn it around and have me get written permission from my neighbors. I was like WTF? Why get them involved in this drama? She's expanding this problem beyond me now.

I asked why they never got my permission when they had 4 or 5 parties next to me and people talking loud/laughing/kids and music going on? She's leaving me alone sorta.

I don't get why they need to do this here.

Yes, most of the 10k 2 BR places are far from new, some places are only 2 years old but look like they were build 20 years ago

I figure by the time I move out in 2 years it'll collapse the next day. I got in right when it was still dripping fresh of paint and smell of wet concrete and tile.

I had short hair military cut and a huge beard. I'm also Asian. Maybe that did it. I need to be prepped clean and dressed like a lawyer everyday. I walk around in flip flops and shorts t-shirt.

YEP i think the beard set it off.........."Drug Addict".."Rapist"...."Murderer"..."Drug Dealer".."Thief"..."Gang Leader".

Everyone says it looks bad here. I shaved every day for 3 years straight. I want to grow it out now. ^_^

I had a huge go-t -- shaved head (bald) but keep it shaved slicker than a baby's ass and tattoo's

it seemed like I was getting a lottt of negative attention in the way of stares and such

shaved the go-t and could instantly see the difference in the way people treated me

your getting stereotyped-- and your Asian so they are REALLY looking hard on you -- sad but true :)

I had a huge go-t -- shaved head (bald) but keep it shaved slicker than a baby's arse and tattoo's

it seemed like I was getting a lottt of negative attention in the way of stares and such

shaved the go-t and could instantly see the difference in the way people treated me

your getting stereotyped-- and your Asian so they are REALLY looking hard on you -- sad but true :)

I get it more from my college since they allow facial hair. I grow it out and they think I'm suppose to be buzz cut and shaved clean everyday. Since I'm a vet. I notice when I'm clean shaven they treat me like a 5 year old. When I have a beard they tend to get intimidated or see me as a force. Not sure what this is but I heard a weird superstition here...

HAIR is your man power.

You cut it you lose strength and you're weak/vulnerable. I dunno why they have that idea but I notice that.

I don't clean shave anymore. I just buzz it to keep some exposed. It's my MAN POWER. ha.

well I have to dissagree with you on living with landlord as I rent out rooms at my place in uk and they all said they prefer me living there as everyone behaves themselves lol

Hello panther. I believe we're talking about Filipino landlords. It's good to know though you are a good and nice landlord. You're one of the exceptions out there. Keept it up!

smokey

Leech Whore. Go for the girls that make 15k+ and have a education. Their English is fluent not broken. The other will expect you to be their bank account and ATM machine. But it's hard to find a complete Filipina here. All have their quarks and downsides. Ayala is a place to stay away from. They've been trained by most foreigners already. "Trained"...or runned. Back to the crazy landlords.

I told mine politely to get it across her head I'm not what she keeps envisioning or assuming. Tonight. I'm planning a Christmas party next month and my girl said it's best to ask her permission. Then she tried to turn it around and have me get written permission from my neighbors. I was like WTF? Why get them involved in this drama? She's expanding this problem beyond me now.

I asked why they never got my permission when they had 4 or 5 parties next to me and people talking loud/laughing/kids and music going on? She's leaving me alone sorta.

I don't get why they need to do this here.

dude she wants you to leave or you dont see that?

dude she wants you to leave or you dont see that?

Yes it's obvious to me. And obvious to her I don't wana leave or have the time to deal with it. I don't do anything wrong and pay her on time. Her place is really clean always.

I just wana be left alone. Sorta slowly happening that way.

I just posted as to why they do that here. I think it's the "Beard" and how I dressed with no parents around. It sends messages I'm a trouble maker drunk drug addict.

bleh.