Sign in to follow this  
fred42

How expats in Thailand view Cebu and P.I in general?

fred42

Ive only been to Cebu 4 times and only for 3 days maximum stay.. Just got back home to Bohol after meeting a mate there who was on a diving holiday from K.L.

My experience of Cebu is pretty limited to the DENR office and Ayala shopping mall.. Apart from SM and a brief visit to Cogon thats about it!

I did a Google Picture search the other day which took me to a Thai expats site with a Philippine section for those thinking of visiting..

Theres a young guy there that has been pretty much all over the R.P and has taken some pretty impressive photo`s that really have impressed the thai expat locals and have inspired some visits..

Then he went and ruined it all by posting an area of Cebu that his GF comes from!!

Must admit...If I saw these pics before my first visit,I dare say I`d choose somewhere else.... really far away from Cebu.

http://teakdoor.com/philippine-forum/93979-downtown-cebu.html

• Like 1

Paul
Then he went and ruined it all by posting an area of Cebu that his GF comes from!! Must admit...If I saw these pics before my first visit,I dare say I`d choose somewhere else.... really far away from Cebu.

Would you rather he had not posted them, only for you to learn of places such as that after arriving?

• Like 3

Mr.T

I've met some expats in Thailand who had been to the Philippines to try it out and they all said the same thing: the food is horrible, the girls aren't as pretty and the country has a very unsafe feeling.

I somehow agree and disagree, the food is indeed not so good and the country and some places might not seem safe at first sight, but the girls definitely aren't more ugly than Thai women, it's just that they don't dress up as much I guess, even if you go to Manila, you'll see alot of pretty girls who just don't dress nicely, compared to Bangkok for example.

Mr.T

About the pictures, well, theres alot of places in Thailand that look very similar to those places illustrated in the pictures, but that's not the Thailand most foreigners know or will ever see since most foreigners hang out in tourist areas in bars or restaurants that are build or decorated to foreign standards or tastes.

• Like 1

KennyF

Some really nice photos in that lot.

But I don't know what the problem is.

I've seen the same in Thailand in the past.

KonGC

Mr.T

In this topic you can read some experiences from a few members of that forum, about their relationships with their Filipina wives. Not so positive.

http://teakdoor.com/thailand-and-asia-news/100415-bangkok-two-filipinos-arrested-robbing-foreign.html

I'm actually very surprised... I find that Filipina women make better wives than Thai wives. Thais women are a pain in the ass in my opinion.

• Like 1

panther

In this topic you can read some experiences from a few members of that forum, about their relationships with their Filipina wives. Not so positive.

http://teakdoor.com/...ng-foreign.html

I'm actually very surprised... I find that Filipina women make better wives than Thai wives. Thais women are a pain in the ass in my opinion.

just how many wives have you had to come to that concusion ???

Mr.T

just how many wives have you had to come to that concusion ???

You don't need to marry one to come to that conclusion. I've lived in Thailand before and have had relationships with Thai girls and women, they just aren't my type when it comes to serious relations. I'd rather marry a Filipina.

fred42

Would you rather he had not posted them, only for you to learn of places such as that after arriving?

I would like to see a broad spectrum of images from all over Cebu...The good the bad and the ugly.. Its not his fault as I guess he was based in his girl friends area..

I think it was him that enlightened me to the beautiful islands of Batanes.. 30 years of travelling to the R.P and never thought to go.. Its definitely on my list now! Reminds me a lot of Scotland.

http://teakdoor.com/...l-frontier.html

DSC02310.jpg[

Edited by fred42

questsea73

These are some really superior huge size excellent definition photos on that site. The scenes are generic in the sense that I have seen/experienced similar in Thailand, Burma, Vietnam, P.I., Laos, Cambodia. Some really unhygenic, smelly places that makes you wonder why everyone doesn't have typhoid, t.b., etc and some average tiny business commerce places plus some bars and plenty of open market scenes with local produce.

But for someone who has never been to the 3rd World it could easily cause one to re-route his visit bypassing P.I. for Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia where progress is achievable..

Ken

Guy60417

I've met some expats in Thailand who had been to the Philippines to try it out and they all said the same thing: the food is horrible, the girls aren't as pretty and the country has a very unsafe feeling.

It shouldn't be much of a surprise that people who choose to live in Thailand like it better than the Philippines. Presumably, if they liked the Philippines better, they would live here.

Obviously, this sort of stuff is a matter of personal preference -- I agree that the food sucks, I disagree about the women, and I have no opinion on the safety factor.

• Like 2

JamesMusslewhite

According to the World Bank's report, 19 of the world's 20 most polluted cities are in Asia. No place in the Philippines made these list

20 most polluted cities are in Asia

01.New Delhi, India

02. Kairo, Egypt

03. Calcutta, India

04. Tianjin, Hebei Province of China

05. Chongqing, China

06. Lucknow, India

07. Kanpur, India

08. Jakarta, Indonesia

09. Shenyang, Liaoning Province of China

10. Zhenzhou, Henan Province of China

11. Jinan, Shandong Province of China

12. Lanzhou, Gansu Province of China

13. Beijing, China

14. Taiyuan, Shanxi Province of China

15. Ahmedabad, India

16. Chengdu, Sichuan Province of China

17. Anshan, Liaoning Province of China

18. Wuhan, Hubei Province of China

19. Nanchang, Jiangxi Province of China

20. Haerbin, Heilongjiang Province of China

World's Top 10 Most Polluted Places

1. Sumqayit, Azerbaijan

2. Chernobyl, Ukraine

3. DzerzHinsk, Russia

4. Kabwe, Zambia

5. La Oroya, Peru

6. Linfen, China

7. Norilsk, Russia

8. Sukinda, India

9. Tianying, China

10. Vapi, India

http://www.asianoffb...asp?display=856

Top Most Dangerous Cities

1. Cape Town, South Africa

2. Guatemala City, Guatamala

3. Bogota, Colombia

4. Grozny, Chechnya, Russia

5. Detroit, Michigan, USA

(2011 #3 St. Louis top the list of the most dangerous city in America, beating Camden, Detroit and New Orleans, last year’s most dangerous cities.)

6. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

7. Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

8. Mogadishu, Somalia

9. Baghdad, Iraq

10. Caracas, Venezuela

http://www.mostdange...ties.org/page/2

http://urbantitan.co...-world-in-2011/

The Philippines is what you make it. There are diry polluted areas, dangerous areas but they can be avoided and peter palces are easily found to live. If I wanted to live in Thiland than I would be there. I lived 2-1/2 in Japan and loved it there but the Philippines is where I want to be. If one is unhappy here than they should be where they are happiest. If other wish not to visit the Philippines then it is their loss because here there are some great places to visit or live. After all; heven or hell is in the heart and mind, and home is where your heart is.

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
  • Like 5

seaman

According to the World Bank's report, 19 of the world's 20 most polluted cities are in Asia. No place in the Philippines made these list

20 most polluted cities are in Asia

01.New Delhi, India

02. Kairo, Egypt

Hmmm since when has Egypt been part of Asia?

seaman

• Like 2

JamesMusslewhite

Hmmm since when has Egypt been part of Asia?

seaman

Good question for the ones who made up the list..... :biggrin_01:

Alan S

Dont see a problem.

The photos show some nice and some not so nice areas, the same as you can find in most cities.

Personally, I much prefer Filipino to Thai food.