66-year-old American arrested in Talisay

MIDNITERIDER

This is unfortunately trying someone in the court of public opinion (& media) who even if he is a "skell" shouldn't be judged so precipitously regardless of your moral compass. Philippine law IS based partly on the Napoleonic Code from which the Spanish side of 400 years of colonialism has wrought mixed with some North American influence from English Common Law, hence the "guilty before presumed innocent" which is also the norm for Latin America.

Judging here seems to be a public sport for some, especially for those who you don't agree with someone's sexual orientation or "kink". Hey, nobody's perfect:

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2012/11/11/brgy-chief-caught-shabu-252688

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• tokyoman

• littlePP

• A_Simple_Man

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bet the job blows...

Whippy, I think you totally missed the moral of this story. It has nothing to do with 66-year-old men with 21-year-old women. It has nothing to do with the truth (the truth here is whatever somebody i

I am glad to see that some members here are willing to go out of their way to check up on expats, if only to ensure they are being treated as well as can be expected, and also make sure we are getting

lazydays
they left their brains and moral compass back across the ocean

....and some never had any to bring with them in the first place.

• Like 5

I don't know about anything this case, but if he's willing to spend 100 pesos per fag, I'm sensing a great business opportunity.

I don't think this is the kind of fag you're thinking of. Sorry to disappoint. lol

• Like 1

Jeeze 20 pages of useless speculation! How about we wait for some real facts?

• Like 3
jusjoseph

Jeeze 20 pages of useless speculation! How about we wait for some real facts?

Ex pat chika chika is more fun than facts.

Brucewayne

I only felt sorry for the guy until I read that he said he might have plans to hire someone to eliminate the complainants.

I don't think a logical or innocent person would say such a thing.

He is now guilty of possible intimidation if he really threatened their lives, especially if he knew it would be published in a public forum and if he isn't a fool (I suspect he is), he had to know anything he said would be reported back to us.

SkyMan

When I first got here about 7 yrs ago there was an ad in the Smut Star. A guy was looking for a companion to visit some of the other islands. He specified height, weight, complexion, and appearance. Preferably single with no kids, but one kid was OK.?? He listed time and date for the interviews. Location was to be a hotel room and he listed the hotel and room number. Never saw any arrest reports so he must have gotten away with it.

Classless but I can't say it's illegal in any way.
littlePP

I don't think this is the kind of fag you're thinking of. Sorry to disappoint. lol

I've already rounded up 60, and hired a bus. :(

smokey

I only felt sorry for the guy until I read that he said he might have plans to hire someone to eliminate the complainants.

I don't think a logical or innocent person would say such a thing.

He is now guilty of possible intimidation if he really threatened their lives, especially if he knew it would be published in a public forum and if he isn't a fool (I suspect he is), he had to know anything he said would be reported back to us.

plus you forgot he is a realtor .... that is like a lawyer without the education but with the benz

I think we have had more than enough speculation, and with no FACTS ( yes, facts, anyone heard of them?) to go on, there seems little more that can eb said, and so I will close this topic.

• Like 2