Sign in to follow this  
Headshot

Drivers License Renewal

Gus
Let us know how it goes, it might be worth the hour or so time on the road.
So ..here goes !

Early morning ride over the hill to Toledo ,arrive 8.15am .
In " friends" office at 8.30 am.
Young lady takes me to get drug and medical test 300p and 200p . Seemed to slip in front of 25 or so, waiting.
Pee sample and finger prints ..next door for a 5 minute chat about Rugby ( football ) with the doctor .
Cross the road to LTO , given #1 Seniors line up ticket ..processed in about 20 minutes.
Walked out at about 9.30am licence in hand !
727.63 pesos which included a 75 peso late fee, for being expired since June.

Where's the catch ! Oh yeah !

Sorry Sir ..no plastic ( despite "good" info from my local contact. That they definitely did plastic )

Have to go to SM Seaside to convert paper to plastic, and go early ,cos there will be a big line !
Back in Cebu ,I thought I'd try my luck at Lapu Lapu LTO Town Hall.
No go ! Only SM Seaside and .. Robinsons Galleria will do plastic (for renewals anyway).

Went to SM Seaside ..they have a separate section apart from the LTO office proper, just for distributing plastic licences. Just inside the foyer of the Seaside entrance.
There was a pretty big lineup, and the guard comes out at about 9.45am and gets everyone in line,then hands out priority numbers.
At 10 ..he leads the seniors etc in first !

I had been fortunate to be chatting to some really hospitable older Filipinos, who on learning my age (71) invited me to join them in the Seniors line :) .
So after a short wait , and doing the photo/fingerprints ..yet again !
Walked out with a 5yr plastic licence at 10.40am .

Yeah baby ! bc9c414ef8e19340823b3d631602bc74.jpg

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 2

MickyG

My asawa got hers done Tuesday morning in South NCR in and out in under an hour new plastic in hand

aiden9991

Hello Guys

I want to go and pick up my Plastic card licence from LTO (offsite printing office) Island central mall in Mactan. 

I renewed my licence last year but only received the printed copy of the licence on a paper. Need to convert it to the plastic card thingy.

So any ideas about the process in Island central mall? What time should i start queuing up?

battleborn

Went to LTO yesterday, 3/26, for the second renewal of my DL.

Arrived at SM Seaside at 9:20 and went to Kaiser Medical on the outside South side of the mall, by Berry Cafe.  Paid 500p for drug and medical at the front desk, went to receiving and filled out paperwork.  First page was basic info, next three pages were were just name, where your live, contact # and signature.  On to next desk for health check up, which was Height, Weight and then they took my blood pressure.  Then sit and wait.  Next counselling, what?  Waited outside wondering what this was about.  Anyway just finger prints, did I have any thing that would prohibit me from driving, i.e. eyesight, physical problems ect.  gave me a typed out form.  On to urine test.  Sit and wait.  Gave test.  Sit and wait.  Last person typed up form with results, name, address, married status ect, more finger prints.  Then on to release window, wait.  Given form to take to LTO, just a few doors down.

LTO, went to receiving desk and was told to give papers to lady up front where they were handy out DL.  Waited about 5mins paid my 652.63P got my DL and was done by 11.  Pretty easy.

• Like 3

Dafey

How many years is it good for?

battleborn

5 Years. The new ones are on a much thinner plastic material.

Headshot
1 hour ago, battleborn said:

5 Years. The new ones are on a much thinner plastic material.

Did you have to go to the LTO printing office inside the mall to get your plastic license, or did they have them in the normal LTO office?

battleborn
1 hour ago, battleborn said:

Went to LTO yesterday, 3/26, for the second renewal of my DL.

Arrived at SM Seaside at 9:20 and went to Kaiser Medical on the outside South side of the mall, by Berry Cafe.  Paid 500p for drug and medical at the front desk, went to receiving and filled out paperwork.  First page was basic info, next three pages were were just name, where your live, contact # and signature.  On to next desk for health check up, which was Height, Weight and then they took my blood pressure.  Then sit and wait.  Next counselling, what?  Waited outside wondering what this was about.  Anyway just finger prints, did I have any thing that would prohibit me from driving, i.e. eyesight, physical problems ect.  gave me a typed out form.  On to urine test.  Sit and wait.  Gave test.  Sit and wait.  Last person typed up form with results, name, address, married status ect, more finger prints.  Then on to release window, wait.  Given form to take to LTO, just a few doors down.

LTO, went to receiving desk and was told to give papers to lady up front where they were handy out DL.  Waited about 5mins paid my 652.63P got my DL and was done by 11.  Pretty easy.

Sorry, my birthday and been busy, missed an important part.

Went to LTO after Kaiser, had to go to receiving desk, more paperwork.  Finished and told to go to window 8, took fingerprints asked if I wanted to change my address on my DL, said no.  Took picture.  Sat done and waited.  Next person, wanted to know if I was married.  Yes, if I wanted to change status I would need to bring my marriage license, no thanks I'll stay single.  Sat down.  Next person took my picture, finger print, then had me sign and was given paperwork.  Was instructed to go inside mall to get my DL as explained in my last entry in above article.

Again sorry for the bit of confusion, been busy.  Went for my 6mos visa extension at JCentre mall the day before.

27 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Did you have to go to the LTO printing office inside the mall to get your plastic license, or did they have them in the normal LTO office?

Yes, had to go inside the mall. My explanation is above.  

• Like 1