Sign in to follow this  
Headshot

Drivers License Renewal

ILoveCyrus

As I recall, it was some stupid fee to change ANY information on your Philippines Driver's LIcense. So, I always left mine alone. You would think they would make it easier (READ: cheaper) for you to do that. But, this is the Philippines after all. :D

Woolf, you will have to forgive him. He's at work, too busy smelling his co-worker, to think about his license renewal. :)

No surprise. People there are not crazy enough to do drugs. 

Paul.....you're a funny dude (know who's from Cali with the "dude" slang). 

SkyMan

I changed my address last renewal in the Danao LTO. The app has tiny boxes for changes (address, weight, etc.) and another box above for 'Do you need any changes?' or something like that. If you make tiny Xs in the tiny boxes they won't be noticed. Make big Xs and still, when you hand in the app make sure to point that out. I wanted the address correct because what had been on there was my first address in Cebu and if it was lost I either wouldn't get it back at all or it would take so long I'd already have replaced it. I don't recall any extra fee but maybe there was.

Correcting a vehicle OR/CR. I haven't been able to but haven't tried hard. If you really wanted to I'd suggest asking an LTO manager and/or waiting until renewal time and then buying the vehicle from yourself. Or it may require some lawyer to write up an Official Declaration of Address Change or some such letter.

David_LivinginTalisay

I went to LTO, behind Robinsons, Tabanok, to renew my Licence that expired on my 59th Bithday back on 19th April.

The guy who is manning the Assistance/Complaints Desk is pretty helpful and efficient.

He hands out the Form and says to go upstairs for Drug Testing and Medical.

It is very busy, as it gone 10:30am.  

Fill out the 2 x Drug & Medical Forms, whilst waiting to get called to Cashier.

Pay the Fee (Php400) and get given a Urine Sample bottle with Coded label - and go to adjacent toilets to add urine and return bottle to Cashier to get processed.  

Wait for results of Drug Testing from Urine analysis, then wait for Call to Webcam.

Then wait to get the form for Medical Test.  

The Height and Weight I had entered on the Form was accepted (but I had Medicals in China only the week before, so knew what the correct figures should be.  I was asked if I needed glasses for long or short vision.  I know my left eye is good but my right eye now has some trouble with small text at close distance (so might need corrective lens for that eye, but can read fine with both eyes).  No problem reading number plates at prescribed distance.

Wait for results.

Then go back downstairs to LTO.

Hand in Completed Forms and Drugs/Medical Results and Wait to be called for a  webcam shot.

Wait for another webcam and digital finger prints scan.

Wait to be called to Cashier,

At this point, there was a problem with the Data Entry of my Name!
It read  'DAVBID ROBERT WHITTALL' - clearly a 'typo' with a finger on the adjacent 'B' after the 'V' was struck!

I had to PROVE what my NAME really was (the fact that my previous surrendered Licence, and 3 Forms filled  out all spelled it as DAVID was not good enough!)

A copy of my Passport and ACR Card put it right, but added another 20 minutes delay.

Had it NOT be some administrative typo, then it would have been about 2 hours

Woolf
Then go back downstairs to LTO. Hand in Completed Forms and Drugs/Medical Results and Wait to be called for a webcam shot. Wait for another webcam and digital finger prints scan.

When I was there late december the digital finger scan was done at the drug testing

Edited by Woolf

Majorsco

I renewed my license in Dipolog yesterday. Medical consisted of an eye text plus height and weight. No urinalysis. And no finger scan. That cost 100 and the renewal was 417. The whole process took an hour and a half after I discount the time for the 20 min brownout that interrupted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Majorsco

David_LivinginTalisay

When I was there late december the digital finger scan was done at the drug testing

You could well be right, as there was 2 x Webcams windows upstairs in the Drug Testing and Medical Center, and the left window had digital fingerprint scan also.  They did all 5 'digit' of both hands (starting with right thumb and 4 scans of each digit).

Downstairs there was also 2 x Webcam windows and a digital fingerprint scanner (but more a verification that is the same person as just right thumb perhaps) and the Digital Signature Pen/Pad, to sign ones Licence.

saigon46

I changed my address last renewal in the Danao LTO. The app has tiny boxes for changes (address, weight, etc.) and another box above for 'Do you need any changes?' or something like that. If you make tiny Xs in the tiny boxes they won't be noticed. Make big Xs and still, when you hand in the app make sure to point that out. I wanted the address correct because what had been on there was my first address in Cebu and if it was lost I either wouldn't get it back at all or it would take so long I'd already have replaced it. I don't recall any extra fee but maybe there was.

Correcting a vehicle OR/CR. I haven't been able to but haven't tried hard. If you really wanted to I'd suggest asking an LTO manager and/or waiting until renewal time and then buying the vehicle from yourself. Or it may require some lawyer to write up an Official Declaration of Address Change or some such letter.

Anyone know of the fastest LTO in Cebu province to get a new license.  Heard they were lining up at 5am in Danao to get a license.  Thanks, SB

musicman666

getting a first licence ..or a conversion I'm my case was such a pain at the Mandaue LTO...took a whole day...

But the renewal took hardly any time at sm cebu.... Big difference between a first and a renewal.

sugbu777

Or you can drive without a license ;-)

saigon46

My GF's son got his student permit yesterday in Danao. Cost was 317p and only 2 hours to accomplish the mission. Just lucky I guess. Later,sb

Salty Dog

My GF's son got his student permit yesterday in Danao. Cost was 317p and only 2 hours to accomplish the mission. Just lucky I guess. Later,sb

Isn't it funny that we now think of 2 hours as fast..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

RogerDat

Greetings! Mine today also took 2 hours. BUT!!!! They had NO license plastic so got to go back 6 Jan 15 for real licens. Hope they are really open by then.

Headshot

I went in to the Main LTO Office in Cebu (next to the South Bus Terminal) to get my Philippine drivers license renewed today. I went early (before 8 AM), and the whole process only took me an hour and a half to complete (20 minutes for drug testing next door in the entrance of the South Bus Terminal and 1 hour to complete the LTO renewal process. Of course, I was given priority as a senior, so it might take longer for those under 60. The whole process was simple and painless. The drug test costs 400 pesos, and the LTO license renewal costs 493 pesos.

I was going to renew my license yesterday at SM City Mall LTO, but it turns out that ONLY the main LTO office in Cebu can issue the actual drivers licenses. All other LTO offices on Cebu Island just issue a paper copy of the license (no card). It's legal for driving here, but isn't legal for driving anywhere else in the world. Since I will be going to the US in May for a vacation, I will need a REAL drivers license to rent a car. For me, the paper license wasn't an option.

AlGae

OK gotta  question:  LTO in Lapu Lapu City by City Hall......will they help me with converting my California DL to a Philippines one?

I don't want to travel too far and I'm on Mactan.  Been here over 90 days so I hope to get this thing FIXED ASAP.

Plz advise.....

When I had to convert mine last year, I went to the Lapu Lapu LTO -- they told me to go to the Mandaue LTO.

The Lapu Lapu LTO only does re-newals.