Headshot

Drivers License Renewal

SkyMan

I just wanted to add that, as of Nov. 29 (when I had my license renewed at SM), they can change all information on the license (i.e., address, weight, height, etc.). There is an extra fee of Php 100 to do this, if I remember correctly.

Cheers,

Aren

Progress?

+ medical

+ drug test

I thought they dropped the drug test?

Woolf

Yes they did (upper URL) but only for a short while, last thing I read was, that they do it again now (bottom URL)

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/315006/news/nation/lto-finally-scraps-mandatory-drug-test-for-license-applicants

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/513307/lto-to-resume-drug-tests-for-drivers-licenses-in-cv

Edited by Woolf

ILoveCyrus

Guys...I have a question:  Is this a RIP OFF or not..?

My "contact" said that it will cost me 3K (3000pesos) to convert my USA drivers license to a Philippines DL.

I need the Pee test and Neuro exam........whatever that is?  They need to see my Passport entry date.  I arrived August 28, 2013.  Is this going to be a problem?  I hope not.

Maybe my contact can get me IN AND OUT of there with little delay......maybe that could be worth the 3k.....???

I don't know guys.  I don't want to get BAMBOOZLED here..

ILoveCyrus

HAH.... according to this link, it should only cost me under 700pesos....???

Someone is trying to RIP ME OFF....

http://www.lto.gov.ph/index.php/services/drivers-licensing/115-summary-of-drivers-license-and-permits-fees-and-charges

and read this post for what you need to bring  well read all of the thread

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/66474-where-to-get-a-carbike-license-in-cebu/?p=744903

Bad link Woolf.....  I really gotta get this DONE.

Nangulo

I did it in 2009 at the LTO Cebu City by the South Bus Terminal in under 2 hours and for the price that's advertised on the LTO website, plus 300 pesos eye exam and 300 pesos piss test.  You don't need a fixer.

• Like 1

ILoveCyrus

woolf......  I've read all the threads.   I got it.   But still.....I'll end up "doing it my way".  Can you say stubborn or knucklehead?

SkyMan

Just go to the LTO and do it. Why try to look for a way around an annoying but simple process? Of course some can do it for p3K and probably p1500 but why not go and see what you're paying for, at least the first time? Then at least you can judge for yourself if it's worth it to pay someone else to do it for you and you maybe end up with a bogus license.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1

Baywak

There's No Drug Test in Davao anymore!

NOSOCALPINOY

Just go to the LTO and do it. Why try to look for a way around an annoying but simple process? Of course some can do it for p3K and probably p1500 but why not go and see what you're paying for, at least the first time? Then at least you can judge for yourself if it's worth it to pay someone else to do it for you and you maybe end up with a bogus license.

BTW, at most LTO offices, if one is a senior citizen, you get to go to the head of line!

That's what happened to me just this past August 2013 and the 3 yrs before and the

process was so quick, I was out door in under 45 minutes! 

• Like 1

Paul

As I recall, it was some stupid fee to change ANY information on your Philippines Driver's LIcense. So, I always left mine alone. You would think they would make it easier (READ: cheaper) for you to do that. But, this is the Philippines after all. :D

How difficult can it be??

Woolf, you will have to forgive him. He's at work, too busy smelling his co-worker, to think about his license renewal. :)

There's No Drug Test in Davao anymore!

No surprise. People there are not crazy enough to do drugs. 

Monsoon

Yes they do charge you to change the address on your license. How ridiculous, when they are printing a new one for renewal anyway. I told them to go ahead and do it last time I renewed mine and I ended up with the old address. Wasn't about to start the process over so just shrugged and left. 

Woolf

Yes they do charge you to change the address on your license. How ridiculous, when they are printing a new one for renewal anyway. I told them to go ahead and do it last time I renewed mine and I ended up with the old address. Wasn't about to start the process over so just shrugged and left. 

Same for me, went for renewal and add of restriction 1 (bike)  and address change

And they did not do the address change, well  maybe next time they will manage to change the address

Edited by Woolf

CebuKano

I've tried twice to have the address changed on the LTO registration of my motorbike (original and the last renewal) and gave up. It's still got the old address of Mo (MoMilsom) in Naga, the guy I bought it from. It's never been an issue at checkpoints here in Mandaue or elsewhere. The LTO seems allergic to change be it licensing or registrations.

Edited by Motörhead