$20 Tablet From India

• Admin (Retired)
broden

yeah no video out on the kindle .. my kiddo watches netflix on it all the time ..i do occasionally

I just now tried video out at 720 x 1280 to my 32 inch monitor from my el cheapo Android tablet and it's just fine.

And my Android 2.3 tablet runs at 1,000 MHz so an Android 4.00 running at 1,500MHz should be great.

Why would Netflix and the like need more?

KonGC

USMC-Retired

Mine it gets hot and over time it starts to get a video and audio sync delay. It just is not cooled enough to handle that extra video.

Mine tablet is digital not analog so I do not know if that makes a difference

Edited by USMC-Retired
Mine tablet is digital not analog so I do not know if that makes a difference

I don't follow this part mate. Aren't all computers digital?

My tablet gets slightly warm but it's no problem.

I have an Android ICS net book running at 1,500 MHz that I'm going to try tomorrow.

I just had a thought. The little Raspberry Pi computer will send HD 1080 video out to a HDMI screen and they only run at 700MHz.

KonGC

USMC-Retired

Some earlier tablets are analog video out. RCA or mini svideo. Mine is HDMI.

Like the first generation Samsung Tabs were analog video and you could buy an RCA cable for it.

A tablet would be diffrent then a netbook or small laptop. They have a cooling fan.

Edited by USMC-Retired

Some earlier tablets are analog video out. RCA or mini svideo. Mine is HDMI.

Like the first generation Samsung Tabs were analog video and you could buy an RCA cable for it.

A tablet would be diffrent then a netbook or small laptop. They have a cooling fan.

Oh yes, you're right, I wasn't thinking of video out when I was talking analogue

Android net books don't have a fan. They run very cool, or mine does anyway.

KonGC

USMC-Retired

It happen to me twice watch an HD movie on the big screen. Where the Video and Audio were out of sync. I went to the tablet it was pretty warm. Paused the video came back after about 20 mins and all was good again.

• 2 weeks later...
The tablets for streaming media (today) are not so wonderful (out to TV).

Just for fun I ran a few tests today and you're right, a tablet, running at 1,000MHz just can't handle streamers like Netflix.

I'm in Oz so I had to fire up a VPN first, and I'm on a wireless network, which I guess slowed things a little, but over all, bad, missed frames and often dropping to 256 colours.

Then I did the same on my Android 4 net book running at 1,500MHz and it worked like a charm.

I'd guess that a tablet with Android 4 (ICS) or later running at 1,500MHz or faster (most are dual core) would be ok.

KonGC

Just came across this clip of a guy using his Galaxy Note as a desktop .

Wow, these little tablets have come a long way.

KonGC

That is very impressive; not only the Note2, but the speed at which the guy knows how to access everything.