house for sale has no title

much better to rent and save your money.

Much better to save your money then rent..

We bought lots of property here over the years..Never once had a problem.

• Like 1
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• tomaw

• Headshot

• A_Simple_Man

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why would the HOA have anything to do with a title ? An HOA is just a group of homeowners how can they issue title ?

If you're talking about the Brooklyn Bridge, forget it. I already have the title for that, and I'm not selling. :ROFLMAO:

The owner is selling the house at a reduced price because it has no title. It is a 170 sqm house with 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and it is listed for just under 1 million. It does need some finishing

smokey

Much better to save your money then rent..

We bought lots of property here over the years..Never once had a problem.

you forgot to say knock on wood

Perhaps you bought with clean titles Fred.

Actually no.. everything apart from 2 lots we bought some years ago in Luzon were titled.. The rest were Tax declaration.

We just had the final lot here titled although I have to wait for 3 months for this new e- title to be released.

The Mrs is pretty diligent and checks everything at the DENR,Barangay and municipal hall 3 times before purchase!..She also talks to owners of neighboring lots that seem to know about any potential hassles..

OK.. I admit, I knock on wood , but the wife just thinks that's just a stupid European superstition!

Edited by fred42
  • Like 1

Buying property here at best is very dangerous and expensive much better to rent and save your money. Ayala with all of there lawyers has been in trouble buying property more than once

...... I know the risks and plan on getting an engineer and a lawyer to minimize them. In the Cebu area I can pay off a house in a suadivision in 5 years. The alternative is to pay rent for the rest of my life and know for sure I'm getting screwed!

Buying property here at best is very dangerous and expensive much better to rent and save your money. Ayala with all of there lawyers has been in trouble buying property more than once

................ Dangerous is questionable. If one doesn't do their homework I guess it is. Expensive? Compared to what? Los Angeles/Orange Co. California? Las Vegas Nevada? There are places in the U.S. that are cheap but are they places I'd want to live? As far as building a house goes take a look at labor costs in Cebu compared to anywhere in the U.S! Edited by tomaw
  • Like 1

Actually no.. everything apart from 2 lots we bought some years ago in Luzon were titled.. The rest were Tax declaration.

We just had the final lot here titled although I have to wait for 3 months for this new e- title to be released.

The Mrs is pretty diligent and checks everything at the DENR,Barangay and municipal hall 3 times before purchase!..She also talks to owners of neighboring lots that seem to know about any potential hassles..

OK.. I admit, I knock on wood , but the wife just thinks that's just a stupid European superstition!

............ I found your post refreshing and makes a lot of sense. Sorry for my ignorance but what is The DENR?
smokey

................ Dangerous is questionable. If one doesn't do their homework I guess it is. Expensive? Compared to what? Los Angeles/Orange Co. California? Las Vegas Nevada? There are places in the U.S. that are cheap but are they places I'd want to live? As far as building a house goes take a look at labor costs in Cebu compared to anywhere in the U.S!

your correct but also take a hard look at the maint.. my house is only 6 years old and i have HAD to remove and replace most of the plumbing and most of the electrical and lots of tile... the only really good maint . free stuff has been for the most part the stuff i brought with me from the usa... Moen plumbing has stood the test of time , my water heater from home depo.. my spa from the us... but seems the stuff sourced locally often is not up to the job long term

............ I found your post refreshing and makes a lot of sense. Sorry for my ignorance but what is The DENR?

Department of energy & natural resources.

Cheers,

Fred.

• Like 1

your correct but also take a hard look at the maint.. my house is only 6 years old and i have HAD to remove and replace most of the plumbing and most of the electrical and lots of tile... the only really good maint . free stuff has been for the most part the stuff i brought with me from the usa... Moen plumbing has stood the test of time , my water heater from home depo.. my spa from the us... but seems the stuff sourced locally often is not up to the job long term

......You make a good point. The suppliers and materials need to be checked out as much as the engineer, architect and contractor. My wife has a friend in Manila whos husband is an architect. He has done work h The Philippines and The U.S. He may have some ideas on materials. The envirnment probably also has a lot to do with it. Rats love to chew on electrical wires. Thats not a problem much in suburban California or probably Arizona either. Cebu though may be another story.

Department of energy & natural resources.

Cheers,

Fred.

......... Thanks Fred. Your wife sounds like a wise woman.
smokey

......You make a good point. The suppliers and materials need to be checked out as much as the engineer, architect and contractor. My wife has a friend in Manila whos husband is an architect. He has done work h The Philippines and The U.S. He may have some ideas on materials. The envirnment probably also has a lot to do with it. Rats love to chew on electrical wires. Thats not a problem much in suburban California or probably Arizona either. Cebu though may be another story.

the wires are encased in cement

the wires are encased in cement

Ok. That makes them difficult for rats to get to but difficult for people to get to too. If that's the case they sound pretty well protected so the problem is probably just bad wires (like the plumbing) to begin with.

smokey

Ok. That makes them difficult for rats to get to but difficult for people to get to too. If that's the case they sound pretty well protected so the problem is probably just bad wires (like the plumbing) to begin with.

the thing about buying building stuff here is ... ITS looks like good quality ,,,, it smells like good quality .. its priced like its good quality but at last its NOT.. chrome fades in 2 years,,, parts that looked good vanish ,,, plastic that looks like metal etc.... I think all the stuff that dont make it to the west comes here, ,,, it looks like a duck ,, it quacks like a duck but atlas its a pigeon

• Like 1
A_Simple_Man

I'm not sure about Arizona but I know that even in Canada your house and car and everything else will age quickly if you live on the coast. That moist salt sea air ya know.