house for sale has no title

Headshot

Yeah but the price is right. It will go up significantly when there's a title.

If you're talking about the Brooklyn Bridge, forget it. I already have the title for that, and I'm not selling.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• tomaw

• Headshot

• A_Simple_Man

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why would the HOA have anything to do with a title ? An HOA is just a group of homeowners how can they issue title ?

If you're talking about the Brooklyn Bridge, forget it. I already have the title for that, and I'm not selling. :ROFLMAO:

The owner is selling the house at a reduced price because it has no title. It is a 170 sqm house with 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and it is listed for just under 1 million. It does need some finishing

Headshot

Is there no such thing as a title company in The Philippines? If there is how do you know you can trust them to do their job?

If you are referring to title insurance...as far as I know, that is not available here in the Philippines.

If you are referring to title insurance...as far as I know, that is not available here in the Philippines.

Sounds like a real opportunity for some entrepreneurial sort to me!

Headshot

Sounds like a real opportunity for some entrepreneurial sort to me!

Or...maybe there is a really good reason why no companies want any part of that business here. :cool:

Or...maybe there is a really good reason why no companies want any part of that business here. :cool:

Maybe

A_Simple_Man
The owner is selling the house at a reduced price because it has no title. It is a 170 sqm house with 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and it is listed for just under 1 million. It does need some finishing touches but looks like it has potential. The problem is claimants can show up at any time if there are any and throw a wrench into the deal. I don,t think I could live with a deal like that knowing at any time your house could be taken from you

For that price I would take a good hard look. I have seen deals like that which are exactly like Headshot described. It may be just that the entire subdivision is on one title so it was never legally subdivided. So what. You have any idea how many people are living like that? Loads. I would be just one more of the throng. Again IF there is no one knocking at the door to claim the right to the land.

Disclaimer: Although I would take a good hard look, and even though I know a lot of other guys who have bought similar places and got lucky with them, I would absolutely not touch it if there was any chance that I would ever need to sell it in my lifetime. But to move in and stay there. Hell yeah. Its pretty hard to get you out of a residence like that once you have moved in.

Edited by A_Simple_Man

For that price I would take a good hard look. I have seen deals like that which are exactly like Headshot described. It may be just that the entire subdivision is on one title so it was never legally subdivided. So what. You have any idea how many people are living like that? Loads. I would be just one more of the throng. Again IF there is no one knocking at the door to claim the right to the land.

Disclaimer: Although I would take a good hard look, and even though I know a lot of other guys who have bought similar places and got lucky with them, I would absolutely not touch it if there was any chance that I would ever need to sell it in my lifetime. But to move in and stay there. Hell yeah. Its pretty hard to get you out of a residence like that once you have moved in.

I would think being a foreigner and a Filipino shows up with a long lost title to that property you would be kicked out pretty quick.

• Like 1

So when buying a lot in a Subdivision I can check with city hall to make sure the developer did legally sub-divide the subdivision. Is there anything else I can do to make sure that there are no encumbrances or other claiments to the property? What can I do to make sure I get the title after paying?

SkyMan
seems old titles carry wieight here and they paid all the back taxes which was something like 22,000 peso
Yeah, I'm sure they were happy to pay those taxes but like I said in the US if you were 5 years behind or whatever, they'd auction the land to cover the taxes and tell you to take a hike if you came back with some 80 year old claim.
The reason old titles come into play is WW2 how can anyone expect the farmers to not run when WW2 came to cebu
True but I'd also expct them to wander back sometime a little sooner within the almost 70 years since the war.
What can I do to make sure I get the title after paying?
Do not release the check from your hand until you have a duly signed/notarized copy of the Deed of Sale and the Official Owner's copy of the title in the other hand.
So when buying a lot in a Subdivision I can check with city hall to make sure the developer did legally sub-divide the subdivision. Is there anything else I can do to make sure that there are no encumbrances or other claiments to the property?
Prayer would be your best bet. The city engineer's office should have a plan showing the divisions. The tax assessor's office should have a Tax Declaration for the lot (which does not imply ownership) and with that you can get a copy of the title from the RoD. However, since it's a subdivision, the title will be very new so I would then get a copy of the title for the large lot from which the smaller lots were divided. If that title is more than 10 years old or so, you can feel better about it.
A_Simple_Man
I would think being a foreigner and a Filipino shows up with a long lost title to that property you would be kicked out pretty quick.

I would like to see where that has happened when you are a foreigner with a filipina wife. Show me the precedents for your point of view and I'll introduce you to guys still living in those arrangements. But really, not to provoke an argument, I'm just saying there is a good chance I would do it but for the rest of the members here, do whatever floats your boat.

smokey

So when buying a lot in a Subdivision I can check with city hall to make sure the developer did legally sub-divide the subdivision. Is there anything else I can do to make sure that there are no encumbrances or other claiments to the property? What can I do to make sure I get the title after paying?

hope and pray ... buying land is like playing the lottery

If you're talking about the Brooklyn Bridge, forget it. I already have the title for that, and I'm not selling.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

.......... Forget about the London Bridge too. Somebody already bought it and moved it to Arizona. Smokey, did you do that? Edited by tomaw
smokey

.......... Forget about the London Bridge too. Somebody already bought it and moved it to Arizona. Smokey, did you do that?

seen it ... but now i missed that sale ... Dont remember much about the bridge seems every time i was in area on the lake i was drunk ,

The title system in the Philippines is shambolic at best *beware* in general land that does not have a title will be worth less (due to risk) than land with a title, then you have the issue of how many Govt depts and agency's recognize that title...i believe its possible for different dept's and agency's to have different registered owners of the same property.

Land disputes are very common in the Philippines.

Things are changing.. Titles are harder to come by now as the DENR are getting really strict regarding the application procedure..

The cost of a title certificate went up in June from 60 Pesos to 2,000 ++.. These are now called E-titles that can be replaced easily if damaged or lost etc.

Buying property here at best is very dangerous and expensive much better to rent and save your money. Ayala with all of there lawyers has been in trouble buying property more than once