house for sale has no title

I haven't bought land yet in the Philippines but i've heard it many times, that this is very dangerous if there is no title.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• tomaw

• Headshot

• A_Simple_Man

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why would the HOA have anything to do with a title ? An HOA is just a group of homeowners how can they issue title ?

If you're talking about the Brooklyn Bridge, forget it. I already have the title for that, and I'm not selling. :ROFLMAO:

The owner is selling the house at a reduced price because it has no title. It is a 170 sqm house with 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and it is listed for just under 1 million. It does need some finishing

Headshot

come on HOA is elected by the homeowners how can they produce a title? The subdivision was not allowed to sell without title there is your fight and the HOA can do nothing but maybe collect money to pay a lawyer to try to find a way to get title

I hate to bust your bubble, but developers sell lots without first getting the property legally subdivided at the city halls quite often here. If the land hasn't been legally subdivided, there can be no title to the lot. When we paid cash for a DECA home at the Baywalk development in Dumlog, I finally had to have my lawyer give DECA head office a call before the DECA people finally went into Talisay City Hall and had the land legally subdivided so the city would issue our title to us. It is amazing what the city engineers here will let the big developers get away with. It still took us eight months to get the actual title even though we had paid cash for the DECA home up-front.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

If the price was right, and no other claimants were showing up and I had absolutely no intention of doing anything else other than living in the house and leaving it for my family when I passed on, then I would join the multitude of others who have done exactly that in this country. The BIG things are price and no other claimants.

The owner is selling the house at a reduced price because it has no title. It is a 170 sqm house with 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and it is listed for just under 1 million. It does need some finishing touches but looks like it has potential. The problem is claimants can show up at any time if there are any and throw a wrench into the deal. I don,t think I could live with a deal like that knowing at any time your house could be taken from you

• Like 2
smokey

I hate to bust your bubble, but developers sell lots without first getting the property legally subdivided at the city halls quite often here. If the land hasn't been legally subdivided, there can be no title to the lot. When we paid cash for a DECA home at the Baywalk development in Dumlog, I finally had to have my lawyer give DECA head office a call before the DECA people finally went into Talisay City Hall and had the land legally subdivided so the city would issue our title to us. It is amazing what the city engineers here will let the big developers get away with. It still took us eight months to get the actual title even though we had paid cash for the DECA home up-front.

you are allowed to burst anyone bubble but your case was just one of many different reasons.. in our place a group showed up to claim over 10,000 sq meters of the subdivision and they can show their great grandfather owned it in the 1930ss so there are many reasons not to issue a title.. this all has to be straightened up in court

• Like 2
smokey

The owner is selling the house at a reduced price because it has no title. It is a 170 sqm house with 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and it is listed for just under 1 million. It does need some finishing touches but looks like it has potential. The problem is claimants can show up at any time if there are any and throw a wrench into the deal. I don,t think I could live with a deal like that knowing at any time your house could be taken from you

well you would have to get at least 4 years of use and if you invest more money maybe 6 years to break even at 25,000 month rental so assuming you invest another million into making it a real home you have a downside of 2 million if you can stay 6 years you have about broke even then you can try to sell it the same way... to many unknown factors for me i would need to know why no title

you are allowed to burst anyone bubble but your case was just one of many different reasons.. in our place a group showed up to claim over 10,000 sq meters of the subdivision and they can show their great grandfather owned it in the 1930ss so there are many reasons not to issue a title.. this all has to be straightened up in court

......... So what did you do to win against their claim?

Is there no such thing as a title company in The Philippines? If there is how do you know you can trust them to do their job?

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i have a bridge for sale no title

smokey

it was my wifes family and they settled for 4,000 a sq meter for their family lot.. \we have our own lots up in the hills to worry about..It just so happened a few years ago they meet someone who lived in cebu and said ,, HEY your grandfather and my grandfather farmed in the hills and from there they found the paperwork dated in the 1930s and filed to re claim their family lot.. the rest is all court stuff

smokey

we were lucky our lot is in phase 1 and the disputed lots are in phase 3 so we got our title within 8 months of purchace

SkyMan

i have a bridge for sale no title

Yeah but the price is right. It will go up significantly when there's a title.
  • Like 1
SkyMan

it was my wifes family and they settled for 4,000 a sq meter for their family lot.. \we have our own lots up in the hills to worry about..It just so happened a few years ago they meet someone who lived in cebu and said ,, HEY your grandfather and my grandfather farmed in the hills and from there they found the paperwork dated in the 1930s and filed to re claim their family lot.. the rest is all court stuff

Crazy big windfall for the family. But surely the land was titled for 5 years or more before developing, right? I thought it was supposed to be uncontestable after 5 years. I think only in the RP would some paperwork from the 30s be cared about. In the US they would say that property taxes weren't paid for 80+ years so bugger off.
smokey

Crazy big windfall for the family. But surely the land was titled for 5 years or more before developing, right? I thought it was supposed to be uncontestable after 5 years. I think only in the RP would some paperwork from the 30s be cared about. In the US they would say that property taxes weren't paid for 80+ years so bugger off.

\we did not get into it a few years ago they formed a group and everyone chipped in 5,000p we had our own lots so we passed but i am very happy for the members who did score and hope they use the money wise... \seems old titles carry wieight here and they paid all the back taxes which was something like 22,000 peso ... the devloper settled instead of dragging this out for 10 years.. and offered them 4,000 a sq meter which was fair... The reason old titles come into play is WW2 how can anyone expect the farmers to not run when WW2 came to cebu.... and dont foreget most of the old titles were signed with a thumb print

Edited by smokey

if it sounds to good, its NOT, one million for a 170sq meter.....????

it looks like, they just try to get your money and then they will run away....

a local could get away with living in a house without a title for a while,and even a long time typical wait and see and other filipino stuff attitude.

but us Westerners just don't like shelling out money and dont get a title etc in return. of all the houses for sale, please don't buy this one..it sounds like a scam...even if they ''honestly'' telling you there is no title.

you might offer them 250.000 extra if they produce the title (the house still be cheap) . usually if there is more money on the table they will run like hell to get that organized, if they not even considering it or making excuses...it's a scam

sorry to blow your little glimmer of hope...but one million for a decent house that size....it's not for sale...not even in the Philippines...

Edited by toshi
  • Like 1
Headshot

You are absolutely correct. There are many reasons why a title isn't available for a property...and NONE of them are good for the buyer.