Xoom is at it again.

KennyF

The only reason why they could be delaying a transaction is to prevent fraud, all the other stuff is bullshit.

As a trial run with Xoom, I transferred $100 from my bank in Australia using my debit Visa card, to my bank in the Philippines.

Xoom took the money from my bank within minutes.

A week later, when the money had not turned up, I rang Xoom.

I was told the transaction was reversed the day after it happened and it was not their responsibility to inform me of that.

Why? What happened? What's the problem?

"We are not at liberty to divulge that sir"

Long story short, I got a refund 3 weeks later.

You work it out.

KonGC

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kabisay-an gid

• Paul

• KennyF

• shadow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Say what you will. But, there is a very valid reason for me to have created this site: http://xoomcomplaints.net/   I assure you, I never tried to send money to myself, for business reasons. They ar

To be fair though, Western Union and Moneygram don't seem to have these problems nearly as constantly as Xoom does!   Larry in Dumaguete

Yeah...blaming somebody else (even the government) for your own incompetence seldom works out well...except in national politics.

lucky138

I used XOOM starting in  2010( several times)  and after about 3 months suddenly started rejecting my sending to my then fiancée time after time.  She liked Xoom because she was close to a 24 hour outlet.  She talked me into trying it again a year later and it worked 3 or 4 weeks and then suddenly it started rejecting again.  I always felt sorry for their customer service reps because I can imagine how irate people could be if their "Filipino family" needed the money right away.  I will pay the extra few dollars and use the reliable western union.

Kabisay-an gid

I will pay the extra few dollars and use the reliable western union.

Western Union reliable?! That's the funniest thing I've read all week.

I tried to send a paltry $120.00 US to my Filipina, less than 5000 PHP.  She really needed the money, and time was of the essence. I've had the same credit card account for over twenty years, and the pick-up in the Phils was going to be at an established and respected Philippine bank.

WU repeatedly declined the transaction, and their customer service reps lied to me and told me my credit card company had declined the transaction. I called my credit card company and talked to their security department, who advised me that they had APPROVED the transaction multiple times.

So I called WU back and advised them of this, and WU finally came clean and admitted that they were the ones who had declined it. When I asked them the reason, the customer service rep told me that they don't reveal the reason a transaction is declined. He told me to try again the next day, so I figured I'd give them one more chance. WU declined it AGAIN, so I said:

Buh-bye, Western Union!

mpt1947

The question was why does Xoom keep getting away with this?  Because people keep on using them.

Although Paul and I have respect for one and other we don't agree on much - except Xoom

• Like 2
Bill H

Me either

I've been using them since 2010 and I've never had a problem.  I did have a problem with L Lhulier but never Xoom.  I suspect the problems other experience are related to money laundering triggers, and those come from the Feds.  My best guess anyway as I use them several times a month to different people and myself without any problems.

ed villas

many good complaints here, and of course satisfied customers,

if your unhappy share your disappointment on SOCIAL MEDIA, if your happy share it w/SOCIAL MEDIA

also never use just 1 service have a back up

Kabisay-an gid

I suspect the problems other experience are related to money laundering triggers, and those come from the Feds.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner, folks!

MANY Western Union customers are experiencing the same problems.

I looked into MoneyScam, uh ... I mean MoneyGram - and they wanted FIFTEEN dollars U.S. to send a measly $120.00. Puh-leeze!