Xoom is at it again.

Xoom started rejecting my transactions also after I tried sending to a new person.  Crap company.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kabisay-an gid

• Paul

• KennyF

• shadow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Say what you will. But, there is a very valid reason for me to have created this site: http://xoomcomplaints.net/   I assure you, I never tried to send money to myself, for business reasons. They ar

To be fair though, Western Union and Moneygram don't seem to have these problems nearly as constantly as Xoom does!   Larry in Dumaguete

Yeah...blaming somebody else (even the government) for your own incompetence seldom works out well...except in national politics.

jtmwatchbiz

How the Xoom company survives displaying such incompetence and arrogance is beyond me.

kenny we used to deal with xoom for some small international watch sales, and for the first year or so that we used them, i'd say back in 2008 or 2009, xoom was ok...not great but ok. then the shit started EXACTLY as you described you went thru, and we lost a great deal of business. we will never be tricked into using xoom again and i agree that it boggles the mind how they continually conduct themselves and are still operating.

• 3 months later...
Kabisay-an gid

kenny we used to deal with xoom for some small international watch sales, and for the first year or so that we used them, i'd say back in 2008 or 2009, xoom was ok...not great but ok. then the shit started EXACTLY as you described you went thru, and we lost a great deal of business. we will never be tricked into using xoom again and i agree that it boggles the mind how they continually conduct themselves and are still operating.

I'm not defending Xoom, but they do state the following on their website:

"Xoom is a person to person remittance service and does not support transactions for goods or business purposes."

thebob

did used a lot in the past from AUSTRALIA but about 3 years ago they do only process with card from USA they do refused card from AUSTRALIA that was the explanation i did received.

I had the same problem even after being a customer for many years. I can't say Xoom anymore without spiting afterwards.

• Like 1
Scruffydog

I have used Xoom every month for about three years now. I have never had a problem.

Me either

Mandingo

I WAS a big Xoom supporter until a couple months ago. I did a transaction and they said it was cancelled due to having too many accounts in the household, both my wife and I have accounts. She sends money to her family and I sponsor a niece that I send money to for tuition and pocket money. Funny, we both have Western Union accounts too and it was never a problem with them.

I guess many of you were all right about them............................

• Like 1
shadow

I'm not so sure about that. I think all three companies leave a lot to be desired.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/finance/western-union.html

We have used all three companies VERY extensively, 50 transactions per year or more. We have never had a problem with WU or Moneygram, but had MANY problems with Xoom. At one point we told clients that if they insisted on using Xoom to add $20 to our fee. We have spent days and traveled 300 km trying to collect on a Xoom payment, and countless hours a half day at a time sitting in banks and pawnshops. We have lost clients when Xoom told them the payment had been picked up when in fact it had not and we were unable to collect.

For us, most of those problems went away when they added M Lluillier to their list of pickup places in 2011, but then they invented a whole new set of problems which have not effected us much, but effect our clients. Over the past three years, we have seen some of the most loyal Xoom customers turn against them, for good reason.

Repeat, we have never had ANY problem with WU or Moneygram.

Xoom sucks!

• Like 2
Kabisay-an gid

CLEARLY STATED on the Xoom website, for those who bother to read:

"Xoom is a person to person remittance service and does not support transactions for goods or business purposes."

Western Union has PLENTY of dissatisfied customers, here's only a tiny sampling:

Paul

CLEARLY STATED on the Xoom website, for those who bother to read:

Western Union has PLENTY of dissatisfied customers, here's only a tiny sampling:

Say what you will. But, there is a very valid reason for me to have created this site: http://xoomcomplaints.net/

I assure you, I never tried to send money to myself, for business reasons. They are just a bunch of feckwits.

• Like 3
SkyMan

They are crap. I sent money to MYSELF one time and they made me jump through hoops. What kind of scam is there in sending money TO me from ME. I don't think they get much repeat business.

Actually, I think that is against one of the money laundering rules.  Not sure why though.
KennyF

Any Aussies or Kiwis reading this, Orbit remit 11.00am today 5th June will send pesos at 40.07 at a flat $8.00 fee.

If you want, you can send dollars instead of pesos.

Pickup at your nominated bank account or mHulier.

I have had ridiculous, almost childish trouble with Xoom.

KonGC

• Like 2
ThomsonJr

The only reason why they could be delaying a transaction is to prevent fraud, all the other stuff is bullshit.

Edited by ThomsonJr
Canuck Joe

a friend uses Forex based in Australia...he does it online, a person from Australia calls him to confirm transaction...and the exchange rate is near on par with actual currency values. A flat rate fee is charged.

Sounds preety darn good to me.