paypal verification

Hi,

I opened a PH paypal account expecting I could send money to my PH HSBC account. After reaching my sending limit with paypal I was required to verifiy my account which involves paypal making a deposit in my PH HSBC with a verification code.

PH HSBC don't allow this with my account - internet transactions aren't allowed with the debit account and I can't have a credit card account being a non resident.

Does anyone know a bank which allows internet banking or foreigners to open a credit card account so that I can verify my paypal?

Thanks!

USMC-Retired

If you are a US citizen you can get a prepaid Western Union card. They are free.

JohnSurrey

Britash...

I don't know about others but the way I insured myself against this problem was to make sure I had my banking sorted before I came out here... I have about 2 years to sort things before all my cards expire... :(

That doesn't help you much does it - I can't imagine any Phil banks will allow you to do it so it might be quicker to try and set up a new account back home that paypal can debit/credit to...

JamesMusslewhite

I have a friend here in Surigao City who was trying to apply for a 25,000p limit Credit card through BDO. they were going to approve him but ran into an administrative problem because he did not have a landlines telephone. It simply was a policy issue. He chose rather to get angry and remove all his money, because he did not want to get a landline service. Still BDO. I know that one of our lady members "Daisy" once had a thread over a year ago on the topic of a special bank account specifically established for use with Paypal..

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/18596-how-to-open-a-paypal-account/page__hl__%2Bpaypal+%2Baccount

Edited by JamesMusslewhite

I tried the PayPal route and it was too cumbersome and finally gave up. I have my money in the US, two major banks. Wells Fargo allows free account-to-account transfers to BPI (no service charge with kind of account I have). I can also wire money into my MetroBank account via the internet from Chase. Wire transfers are expensive ($40 to send, $5 to receive), so I don't do it often.

lazydays

britash, only the Union Bank has an affiliation with Paypal, their branches are limited to main cities but they also have online accounts.

Go to their site, click on info for "Eon cyber account", all the info you need is there.

www.unionbankph.com

Edited by lazydays
Brucewayne

Hi,

I opened a PH paypal account expecting I could send money to my PH HSBC account. After reaching my sending limit with paypal I was required to verifiy my account which involves paypal making a deposit in my PH HSBC with a verification code.

PH HSBC don't allow this with my account - internet transactions aren't allowed with the debit account and I can't have a credit card account being a non resident.

Does anyone know a bank which allows internet banking or foreigners to open a credit card account so that I can verify my paypal?

Thanks!

Try BPI, they offer a pre paid credit card account with only P10,000 deposited and interest too if the card isn't used or if more is added to the account.

Paypal can still deposit thr funds into your account. Yes, it is true that you cannot do Internet transactions with HSBC but you can still access your account online and see the transactions, that's what I do. Whenever I need a transactions done, I send a message to business banking and they do it within 1 or 2 days. You basically have to apply for online access not online banking.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

To answer your question:

Open an account at SterlingBank of Asia. They issue a Visa debit card. Have paypal send the ammounts and speak with one of the girls at the bank and let her know what your doing. In a few days they should email you the ammounts. I did it with the branch manager of their Ft. Bonifacio branch a few years ago.

Jim in Cebu

Here's a somewhat different PayPal issue:

I wanted to order something online (from Hong Kong) and have it shipped to me here in the Philippines. (While many foreign merchants will ship to any address with PayPal payment, this HK merchant ships only to PayPal addresses.)

However, PayPal would not allow me to enter a foreign (RP) shipping address on my US PayPal account. When I contacted PP, they told me to open an RP PayPal account.

When I opened the RP PayPal account, I was able to enter my local Philippine address OK -- but I could not enter my US-based credit card; that was prohibited.

Catch-22.

--

I appreciate the comments that have been posted on this thread as they provide other ideas on how to approach this issue.

You should be able to add a US bank account to your Philippine Paypal Account. Not the best solution....

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Why makelife hard? Do what I described in post #10. That is proven.I did it. Done within a week.

However, PayPal would not allow me to enter a foreign (RP) shipping address on my US PayPal account. When I contacted PP, they told me to open an RP PayPal account.

This is odd.

If I want something sent say, to a buddy in Australia, I add that buddies address to the list on Paypal.

It's under [Profile], [Add or edit street address].

I can add as many addresses as I want (never had more than 5 though) and vendors will post to whichever address I nominate.

Paypal advertise this feature so you can buy and send gifts.

KonGC

Jim in Cebu

This is odd.

If I want something sent say, to a buddy in Australia, I add that buddies address to the list on Paypal.

It's under [Profile], [Add or edit street address].

I can add as many addresses as I want (never had more than 5 though) and vendors will post to whichever address I nominate.

Paypal advertise this feature so you can buy and send gifts.

KonGC

Hi Kenny,

I notice that your Location lists Australia -- so, if I understand your post correctly, using your [AU] PayPal account you can add different shipping addresses within Australia. This is similar to what I have done with my US PayPal account -- I can easily add different shipping addresses *within* the US.

The problem was with trying to add a Philippines shipping address to my US PayPal account -- PayPal didn't allow that.

Have you tried adding a Philippines shipping address to you AU PayPal account? Did that work for you?

--

Anyway, I'll check out some of the suggestions people have made -- and will report back.

Jim