Sign in to follow this  
JP999

Anyone know Tagalog well? please help me translate...

JP999

I tried google translate but it's translation confusing...

I need an accurate translation, can anyone help please?

This is the message:

walang panalo sa break-up INIWAN ka man o ikaw ang nangIWAN

pareh0 lang kay0ng

=NAWALAN=

USMC-Retired

Nobody wins in breakup they left you or you left them and both lose.

It is a saying that is passed around kinda like spam jokes or quotes via text.

Edited by USMC-Retired

Alfred E. Neuman

This is a no-win situation to both parties whoever may have initiated the breakup.

USMC-Retired

This is a no-win situation to both parties whoever may have initiated the breakup.

It is not exactly like this because when you add This and A it makes it seems personal. It is not personal but a quote.

USMC-Retired

also keep in mind we do not know the parties nor the context to which it was texted. So it could be for Death or for love. It could possibly be personal yet that would be to assume the worse. Knowing Filipinos love to send quotes I would tend to side on caution. I have given you exactly what it says without adding to it.

Edited by USMC-Retired

JP999

also keep in mind we do not know the parties nor the context to which it was texted. So it could be for Death or for love. It could possibly be personal yet that would be to assume the worse. Knowing Filipinos love to send quotes I would tend to side on caution. I have given you exactly what it says without adding to it.

What if there is a possible breakup in the feature, and the person who received this text has yet to decide about ending or sustaining the relationship? (Not because of a lack of love but because of practical reasons that are not in her control).

USMC-Retired

If there is a possible break up all it says is that "we both are going to lose if we go our separate ways". It does not give anymore then that.

It is more now a plea instead of a quote.

Edited by USMC-Retired

USMC-Retired

If he sent it then do not worry he is trying to get her back. If she sent it well then I would pause because I would wonder what she is losing by staying with you.

Voyager

I only understand most nasty word but in what I know here is my translation:

nobody is the winner, either you left him or he left you

both of you lost same thing

It is a old saying in the Philippines and not original at all.

• Like 1

JP999

If he sent it then do not worry he is trying to get her back. If she sent it well then I would pause because I would wonder what she is losing by staying with you.

The impression I got is that she got that message from a friend who may be advising her. Because the reality is that she has a decision to make to choose between me and another man. I do fine but I'm not really rich, the other guy is rich and she loved him before but he cheated on him. The thing about him though is, he made a really sincere apology... He has the money to help her family - and if she will choose him he will also pay for her study in the US which is something she really likes to do to achieve her independence.

She told me about all of this, she was transparent and I knew it almost from the start and I was ok with it, our relation developed over time though, in the beginning I did not see it coming at all that I would come to love her as much as I do now....

Edited by JP999

USMC-Retired

Then shrug it off. It is nothing.

JP999

Oki, thanks for the help with the translation everyone : - )