Camotes Island has big development coming

JohnD

udonthani

ferry services in the Philippines change all the time. I had heard that the ferry from Cebu to Poro had been cancelled, however that is not to say that it may have started up again by now.

I have been coming to the Camotes for a lot longer than you and know it a lot better than you - I must have taken the Danao-Consuelo ferry and driven my bike off it about 10 times. That is the most convenient ferry for me as Danao was always the most convenient port for me as I stay around there usually when I am in metro Cebu. Before, you could only get a Consuelo ferry from Danao. There wasn't a Poro one - which is the ferry I think you got the time you visited the Camotes for a weekend (although you refused to disclose, or else were unaware of, what port in the Camotes you actually arrived in in the thread you mention). They introduced the Danao-Poro ferry not so long ago. Ferry services in to and from the Camotes are lighter now than they have ever been. You can usually get ferries from Poro not only from Cebu city port but also Mandaue wharf as well as a service to Ormoc that runs from the pier about 5km north of Poro. It doesn't say a great deal for the Camotes as a supposedly up and coming tourist destination that its only link with Cebu is apparently now with Danao, 25km from the center of Cebu town. Three years ago you had the choice of three Cebu ports, Mandaue and Cebu city being the others.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JohnD

• udonthani

• smokey

• tomaw

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doesn't anyone realize that the lack of all these things, particularly people and the things that attract them are what makes the Camotes nice? Progress is not progress.

JohnD,    You started this thread and were very eager to promote Camotes as an up and coming place where one could/should invest. Your past posts on this thread contain gems like;   "I heard that

Updates: My integrated resort project breaks ground in 2 weeks. Look for a paid advertisement here next month with site link. The airport will be finished just waiting for the new Governor to finalize

Posted Images

JohnD

The main point of entry has changed over the past 18 months from Poro to Consuelo. This means almost all the boats are coming out of Danao including a new fast crop which is starting next month to run from Danao-Consuelo however expect to see a new fast craft running from Cebu City to Poro in the coming months as well.

To the guy who said Ayala was interested in buying land from his girlfriend how many hectares is she selling for 74 million? 

The mall under construction is the first real mall on the island and is two-stories. It is called Fiesta Mall and is a Gasiano brand.

4.7 hectares some of which is beachfront. don't know exact location. to be honest I never asked. several companies interested and all came in with about the same offer except Korean company. they offered 24 million less.

all I wanted her to do was sit back and let the offers come in. so after 6 months ayala's was the best till 2 weeks ago when another offer came in at just 250,000 more.

smokey

4.7 hectares some of which is beachfront. don't know exact location. to be honest I never asked. several companies interested and all came in with about the same offer except Korean company. they offered 24 million less.

all I wanted her to do was sit back and let the offers come in. so after 6 months ayala's was the best till 2 weeks ago when another offer came in at just 250,000 more.

well dont count the chickens before they hatch....
JohnD

I must tell you after dealing with real estate on the island for 10 years that it does sound a little far fetched. Anything is possible but I am not aware of any land that is less then 5 hectares and has a value of 70+million pesos. This is just for your knowledge. She may have a gold mind location I missed but you need to be careful here. All my best.

• Like 1

i'm with you I don't know what to think. when we do a video cam she is always showing me paperwork and complains about how her government has their hands out at every corner. correct me if i'm wrong but she had to pay a fee because she has owed the property for less than 5 1/2 years. even though it was in her late fathers name for over 60 years.

however it turns out i'm into the relationship 14 months and 6 grand. i'll keep you posted on the outcome.

hello again. I got online again with gf. I asked her what was the next company inline if ayala does not come through. she said a company called mitsume. I did a online search and it was interesting to see they are not into hotels or resorts. wonder what they are up too? maybe a factory on 4.7 hectares? ocean front factory?
one of these big companies I think will front money for the airport and then things will just snowball.

smokey

hello again. I got online again with gf. I asked her what was the next company inline if ayala does not come through. she said a company called mitsume. I did a online search and it was interesting to see they are not into hotels or resorts. wonder what they are up too? maybe a factory on 4.7 hectares? ocean front factory?

one of these big companies I think will front money for the airport and then things will just snowball.

nothing happens fast and there sure are not any secrets in the philippines i suggest if you have not been here yet you make her a happy women and surprise her with a visit...
mikejwoodnz

Just ask her to send you a scan of their offer - how hard is that ? - should settle all speculation  :regler:

JohnD

There is an increased speculation in land here because at the moment all property is held only by a tax declaration but that is about to change and once titles are issued the prices are going up. The issue is the price she is saying, 74 million, being offered and there is no land to my knowledge at such a high price for under 5 hectares. Is the property on San Fran or Poro?

mikejwoodnz

OH OK so it's going to be like Bohol - they will build a bridge to save people paying the ferry fees ?  :ROFLMAO:

smokey

that would be about 1,500 peso a sq meter for tax dec /// most of the large lots for sale i see are in the 300 to 400 a square meter and some are beach front... maybe this lot is right next to the port and is a major commercial spot

Edited by smokey
  • 3 weeks later...

I just discovered this thread, any updates? Interesting stuff!

Whippy's holding his own.

Skywalker's stepped in all guns blazing.

JohnD is slowly gaining back the loss of integrity from his OP.

And Veenjac? Ummm cough bullshit cough.

Lets get this thread alive again!

Edited by OzGuy43

Updates: My integrated resort project breaks ground in 2 weeks. Look for a paid advertisement here next month with site link. The airport will be finished just waiting for the new Governor to finalize permits. New fast craft ferry starting from Consuelo-Danao (45 minutes) within a month. Another fast craft ferry will be starting to go from Poro-Cebu City by end of the year. The new mall they are now working on day and night. A new french-american restaurant, JB Bistro, has opened in Poro. That is all the updates I have at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
Brucewayne

Updates: My integrated resort project breaks ground in 2 weeks. Look for a paid advertisement here next month with site link. The airport will be finished just waiting for the new Governor to finalize permits. New fast craft ferry starting from Consuelo-Danao (45 minutes) within a month. Another fast craft ferry will be starting to go from Poro-Cebu City by end of the year. The new mall they are now working on day and night. A new french-american restaurant, JB Bistro, has opened in Poro. That is all the updates I have at the moment.

Actually, with all the BS I see on here, this should have been a paid advertisement all along.

I don't know anyone else that Paul would have allowed to blatantly advertise on his site, but I guess you found a loophole.