Sign in to follow this  
littlejohn

Herbal Dengue Fever Treatments

Headshot

If I had dengue and I was in the hospital and somebody tried to feed me an herbal remedy, I'd probably take it.  Probably can't hurt...

But those newspaper articles you're referring to aren't the same as scientific research published in peer reviewed journals.  It's a huge undertaking and requires dedication to objectivity to statistically "prove" an effect.  

Anecdotal evidence & case studies are essentially useless unless part of a meta-analysis.  I'm not a statistician, I don't perform meta-analyses.  But I know how to read them when they've been performed.  One has yet to be performed on these and it may be a while before one is performed.  

So keep using your herbal remedies.  It might be helping.  But claiming that there is scientific or medical proof doesn't make it so.  It only shows your lack of understanding as to what proof means.

I'm actually like you. I don't normally rely on herbal remedies, and if I was seriously sick, I would certainly want to be in a hospital. However, I have no problem trying an herbal remedy when traditional medical treatments are NOT working...which was the case in the instance I related. I was just impressed with how fast the tea worked. I'm not using it as empirical evidence in a major study, and I didn't present it that way.

Edited by Headshot

alexccms

*deleted

Edited by alexccms

NM1938

Researchers learn from their own work.

Bharat B. Aggarwal, a researcher at the University Of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center In Houston, already is so convinced of papaya's restorative powers that he has a serving of the fruit every day.

What is good for cancer is also good for dengue.  Each morning I have a cup of papaya tea or camote tea.  Camote tea is what my wife's teen son drank and was ready for discharge from the hospital in just 3/days.