Sign in to follow this  
chimellie

Bisayan language

Bob Ward
Hi Chimellie and others,

Sorry wheni used a capslock in some of the words in here,i just recieved a PM that warning me not to use capslock coz it is irritating to his eyes.I am so sorry but i have not intention of doing that to irritate the eyes,am i irritating your eyes too?I just hope not,but if i do,i wanna say sorry,and maybe to the other guys too in here.

Honestly i just use this caps lock thing to emphasize something,but the admin guy or Paul warned me.

Walay problema here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you get the pics of the resort I sent you ?

I am ready for another Bisayan lesson.............Daghang salamat

Yes i did recive your pics,and yes it is a big wow.You guys looks good too..

Okey now,here is another Bisayan language, "Palihug",it means "Please" :)

Do Filippinos use the word " Palihug" a lot ? How do you say " give me that please " or "please give me that" ? when you want a person to bring you something.

Thanks

IOkey, so if you ask someone to get a thing for you or give that thing for you,just merely say, Palihug ko ana, or Palihug ko tunol ana.So you can use either of these phrase,anyway your action and if you are pointing something,it will tell people what you are referring to get.

If you are saying the phrase, how can you point to it at the same time since Filipinos point with their lips? :):) Just teasing a bit and thank you for the lesson!

PEARL OF CEBU

If you are saying the phrase, how can you point to it at the same time since Filipinos point with their lips? :):) Just teasing a bit and thank you for the lesson!

hahahahhaha you are very right Bob.Filipino usually do that.

and Chimellie,how i wish i will be able to teach you more,but i guess i have to say bye.Nice talking to you and i wish you and your wife will have a safe travel in your way back here.God Bless! :)

Bob Ward
hahahahhaha you are very right Bob.Filipino usually do that.

and Chimellie,how i wish i will be able to teach you more,but i guess i have to say bye.Nice talking to you and i wish you and your wife will have a safe travel in your way back here.God Bless! :)

POC, why do you have to say bye?

Bob Ward
Hi Chimellie and others,

Sorry wheni used a capslock in some of the words in here,i just recieved a PM that warning me not to use capslock coz it is irritating to his eyes.I am so sorry but i have not intention of doing that to irritate the eyes,am i irritating your eyes too?I just hope not,but if i do,i wanna say sorry,and maybe to the other guys too in here.

Honestly i just use this caps lock thing to emphasize something,but the admin guy or Paul warned me.

Walay problema here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you get the pics of the resort I sent you ?

I am ready for another Bisayan lesson.............Daghang salamat

Yes i did recive your pics,and yes it is a big wow.You guys looks good too..

Okey now,here is another Bisayan language, "Palihug",it means "Please" :)

Do Filippinos use the word " Palihug" a lot ? How do you say " give me that please " or "please give me that" ? when you want a person to bring you something.

Thanks

So is this the phrase that you need to have to be able to sit in the Lazyboy and direct the lesser people to get you a beer? LOLOLOLOL Bob kids alot so don't take away from my beer count! Hahaha

On the KMK bus tonight with Kristine I told the driver "lugar ko palihug Prince Warehouse noy". You could have heard a pin drop after that! But I'm sure I sounded like an infant speaking, I'll get better in time!

chimellie

So is this the phrase that you need to have to be able to sit in the Lazyboy and direct the lesser people to get you a beer? LOLOLOLOL Bob kids alot so don't take away from my beer count! Hahaha

On the KMK bus tonight with Kristine I told the driver "lugar ko palihug Prince Warehouse noy". You could have heard a pin drop after that! But I'm sure I sounded like an infant speaking, I'll get better in time!

No Bob, your beer count is still the same !!!!!!!!!!Hope you can handle it.

So I guess you asked the Pinoy driver :" Please drive me to Prince Warehouse" ???? But what do they sell at Prince Warehouse ? It it like Costco, Sam's club ?

Lee

No Bob, your beer count is still the same !!!!!!!!!!Hope you can handle it.

So I guess you asked the Pinoy driver :" Please drive me to Prince Warehouse" ???? But what do they sell at Prince Warehouse ? It it like Costco, Sam's club ?

I hope the driver was older than Bob, :):lol: or it would have been dong instead of noy, since noy is short for manoy which I believe is a sign of respect for someone older than us? :)

Hey guys, how do I start racking up a few free beers too? :) I feel left out. :)

Edited by Mr. Lee

chimellie

Sure Mr.Lee, you can come .

I thought "Noy" is short for Pinoy....honestly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you said "Palihug ko ana". What does "ana" mean ?

By the way...what happened to POC ? Doesn't she like us anymore ? Thanks for helping us with Bisayan lesson, she was a great teacher.

Lee

By the way...what happened to POC ? Doesn't she like us anymore ? Thanks for helping us with Bisayan lesson, she was a great teacher.

Thanks, but who is paying? :lol:

For a man, Noy, it is short for Manoy or Nong is short for Manong both are correct and are the same thing for someone older than you, or for a woman, nang or Manang if she is older than you and day pronounced die for someone younger or dong pronounced doong for a man younger than you.

As for ana, I have found that a lot of words do not have direct meaning for the word itself but when it is used in a sentence it then has meaning.

ana in that way sort of means that or it or the thing you wanted handed to you, such as palihug ko ana, can you hand me that, when pointing to an item.

Sorry, but that is the best I can do because I am a kano and doing the best I can to learn myself for the last 14 years.

As for POC, I really do not know? I posted a question and she did not answer it, maybe I hit a nerve or something by asking?

Often things are taken wrong when someone does not know you and that is why I know more than I choose to speak because I am afraid to insult someone and I often find that is also why a lot of Filipinos who do understand English choose to not speak in public, for fear of being ridiculed.

Bob Ward
I hope the driver was older than Bob, :lol::D or it would have been dong instead of noy, since noy is short for manoy which I believe is a sign of respect for someone older than us? <_<

Hey guys, ow do I start racking up a few free beers too? :lol: I feel left out. :sad_01:

Yes, I just copied what Kristine said a few times. And the drivers are older than her sometimes, so maybe that's why they got silent? LOL

til
I hope the driver was older than Bob, :lol::D or it would have been dong instead of noy, since noy is short for manoy which I believe is a sign of respect for someone older than us? :sad_01:

Hey guys, ow do I start racking up a few free beers too? :lol: I feel left out. :D

Yes, I just copied what Kristine said a few times. And the drivers are older than her sometimes, so maybe that's why they got silent? LOL

My guess is they were all talking about you and then realized: "shit this guy understands us" :lol:

<_<

chimellie

Thanks, but who is paying? :)

For a man, Noy, it is short for Manoy or Nong is short for Manong both are correct and are the same thing for someone older than you, or for a woman, nang or Manang if she is older than you and day pronounced die for someone younger or dong pronounced doong for a man younger than you.

As for ana, I have found that a lot of words do not have direct meaning for the word itself but when it is used in a sentence it then has meaning.

ana in that way sort of means that or it or the thing you wanted handed to you, such as palihug ko ana, can you hand me that, when pointing to an item.

Sorry, but that is the best I can do because I am a kano and doing the best I can to learn myself for the last 14 years.

As for POC, I really do not know? I posted a question and she did not answer it, maybe I hit a nerve or something by asking?

Often things are taken wrong when someone does not know you and that is why I know more than I choose to speak because I am afraid to insult someone and I often find that is also why a lot of Filipinos who do understand English choose to not speak in public, for fear of being ridiculed.

The Captain is paying, don't worry. I make sure he gives me kwarta before I leave for Cebu.

It's so true about a lot of Filipinos won't speak English in public......My sister inlaw never spoke English to me even though she knows how to and I've known her for 10 years now......One day last year my wife spoke English to her on the phone and I said to her " your sister doesn't understand English, why are you speaking English to her ?" My wife said " my sister knows how to but she's too shy "

Paul
Hi Chimellie and others,

There is a reason why there are bold, italics, underline, and even other colors, as options on this software. Each of these options can be used to show emphasis on words. On the internet, it is considered yelling, to use all CAPS.

Lee

A few people askd me for this link again to help them learn the language, so here it is.

http://www.wayblima.com/cebu-language.html

If you have a printer, it comes out to be about 18 pages and only prints the words and meanings.

Edited by Mr. Lee

SimplyJesse
A few people askd me for this link again to help them learn the language, so here it is.

If you have a printer, it comes out to be about 18 pages and only prints the words and meanings.

Thanks Mr. Lee. Its was nice meeting you and Nila and everyone else who was there :D

daghang salamat po!

jess

Lee

Thanks Mr. Lee. Its was nice meeting you and Nila and everyone else who was there :D

daghang salamat po!

jess

Walay Sapayan! We enjoyed meeting you both and everyone else who showed up. We think it is nice to welcome new people to the Philippines and also meet people who can teach us a thing or three. We can all learn from each other and that is what this forum seems to be all about.